[Game Update] - 497403

• Developer

Beta Hotfix

Wolfgang

There will be some tweaks to the might loss mechanic when taking damage and the transition animations during combat. Due to the amount of time it takes to balance changes like this it will happen later in the beta when we are less focused on bugs.

Changes:

• Hound waves and Depths worm waves frequency has been adjusted.
  • Late hound waves have some groups of hounds condensed into Varglets, smaller cousin to the Varg.
  • Items built with c_freecrafting() enabled will no longer consume items from your inventory.
  • Reordered the recipes in the Crafting Station filter to be more user friendly while free crafting is enabled
  • Turf items now stack up to 20 (for real this time).
  • Survivors other than Wurt, can now craft Marsh Turf through the Terra Firma Tamper.
  • Added some items into crafting filters
    • Bramble Husk added to Armour
    • Bramble Trap added to Weapons
    • Compost Wrap added to Food & Gardening and Healing
    • Alarming Clock added to Weapons and Shadow Magic
    • Ageless Watch added to Healing
    • Drying Rack, Winona's Catapult, Spotlight, and Generators added to Structures
    • Siesta Lean-to added to Summer Items
    • Panflute, One Man Band, and Belt of Hunger added to Magic
  • Removed from crafting filters
    • Moon Dial and Ice Flingomatic out of Rain Gear
    • Tent out of Summer Items

Fixes

• Fixed “double-click + hold” on the build button for repeat crafting
    • This will also be done for the grid buttons in a later hotfix
  • Boats now return logs when destroyed
  • Added missing crafting menu art for the Portable Grinding Mill
  • Moved Warly’s spices into the crafting station filter
  • Fixed a bug when the player’s (Maxwell’s) max sanity penalty brought max sanity to 0 or less (max sanity cannot drop below 5).
  • Fixed an issue loading customcommands.lua
  • Fixed a crash that could happen when the Ancient Guardian Jumped.
  • Note for Modders: Fixed PlayerHud:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() to return true when the player is typing in the search textbox.

View full update

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad Dupe 1

4 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Wolfgang

There will be some tweaks to the might loss mechanic when taking damage and the transition animations during combat. Due to the amount of time it takes to balance changes like this it will happen later in the beta when we are less focused on bugs.

Wolfgang will now be able to hold himself against bosses, loving this QOL even more now !

Now we just need a configuration option for the eye/twins of terrors to switch their spawn mechanic between a random player on the map and the terrarium and it's officially the best QOL in my book !

When we look at the work you guys put into this QOL, i can't even imagine what the QOL going forwards will be !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

ate hound waves have some groups of hounds condensed into Varglets, smaller cousin to the Varg.

Oh nooooo :frown-new:

9 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Hound waves and Depths worm waves frequency has been adjusted.

Though what's the frequency now...?

Could you make it so prototyper stations when clicked on, show all prototypable recipes from that station?

So if i click on a Alchemy Engine, it will show all prototypable recipes from it. Then I can click on a Shovel and lantern on the same page instead of navigating through menus.

This would be really helpful and quick for prototyping many items at once at the same station.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

it seems like statues sizes are all out of wack, is this a bug? I hope it is ...

really really hope so, theyre so tiny now!! the kitcoon statue in particular is super super sad now :( it used to be really tall and give such a nice sense of verticality

Edited by meow meow meow
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

14 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes:

• Hound waves and Depths worm waves frequency has been adjusted.
  • Late hound waves have some groups of hounds condensed into Varglets, smaller cousin to the Varg.

Since we going to have to deal with Varglets spawning hounds, can we please adress 2 things that have been forever weird with the Vargs itself?
His attacking range hitbox doesnt really match his attack visual range, he hits further way then his mouth reaches, 
Also Varglets still having the same problem as Vargs, they sometimes still owl after death spawning more hounds.

I honestly still would have prefered to have something else and new then a Varg who calls in for more hounds. I feel this is just having more pointless mobs that have been in the game almost since its birth just for the sake of it, more annoyance rather then something new, challenging and more fun.  

Just my two cents on the matter. Regardless this update will be absolutely fantastic.
Thanks for all the fixes. Didn't play a beta this much for a long time :) 

Edit:
Mea culpa @ScottHansen : With further testing and knowing the Varglets have a CAP of how much hounds they can spawn, this is indeed less annoying than assumed, and its just same total ammount of hounds + one Varglet in a hound wave. One point still stands that would have been nice something just different, but atleast this is not as bad as first appeared and might be a good change afterall, even more considering the waves having more time between them. 
Would still be awesome to have the issues mentioned above with the Varg/Varglet hitbox and owl. 

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

30 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Added some items into crafting filters

would be cool to have bee hat on fighting tab too for being convinient and help new players know their use

this update is becoming one of my favourites, i like mostly everything about it. Waiting that juicy wolfgang changes

edit: also maybe dumbells showing in the fighting tab and beefalo gooming station on the riding tab

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 5

We could get a little fix with that clicking with mouse working like space: after destroying stacks on water or boards, usually next action was turning one Pinchin' Winch or hammering next close object...

Also boards on water became horribly useless, as we cannot turn back them to logs.

Edited by Notecja
  • Like 3

Just now, PeiperPires said:

Damn, this varglet situation feels really cheap and lazy to me. Instead of fixing and finding a better purpose for the varg, we just get a mini version of it

pretty sure is a placeholder, there is no point of wasting artist time if the idea is on testing

• Like 10
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1