Jump to content

[Game Update] - Public Testing 485090


Recommended Posts

Fixing bugs and polishing existing content? That sounds great! People shouldn't have to use mods to make things in the official game work properly, like for Bethesda games.

Is there a place somewhere where developers explain what are intentional mechanics, and what are bug abuses?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it seems high rad producing systems such as a shinebug reactor or using a lot of beetafineries seems to be slowing down the game a lot right now.  possibly from the x10 rads affecting the little green ball particles for it?  my shinebug reactor is confining them to 1 tile of movement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Increased all radiation emission sources intensity by 10x (except Glow Stick trait, which is slightly reduced).

10x is a lot, especially to do in one patch. I would've expected a 2x or a 5x increase, then maybe the other of the two later (with warning), not 10x all at once. This is going to fry a lot of dupes in people with bases not prepared for this update, and even in a normal base that avoids much radiation, I expect some issues to come with working in space or rockets, in large part because now all existing spacefarer modules are instantly very obsolete...

5 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Radbolt Generator now has a maximum capacity of 500 Radbolts.

This is going to be an utter pain for fueling things like Diamond Presses and Radbolt Engines, since now we'll need constant high rads during fueling instead of temporary high rads to store up, or multiple generators (which is a lot of heating). I get wanting to have a capacity, but could it please be something like 2000 instead?

5 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Rovers
      • Significantly reduced the amount of time it takes the Rover to pick a new task in large bases.
      • The Rover's multitool effects now function.
      • Rovers no longer level up skills.
      • Landers are now selectable, and do not disappear after a save/ load.
      • You can now deconstruct rovers that are out of batteries.

I love to see rovers get touched with how just plain weird and useless they were, but I think you'll need to buff them after this. You've nerfed their abilities and they're still quite useless for asteroids with tough crusts. Please let them dig anything, but at slower rates than dupes normally would, at least, so they're useful for colonizing those later asteroids. And please consider giving them a recharge station, as deconstruction and launching a whole new rocket is just...mega awkward.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nebbie said:

This is going to be an utter pain for fueling things like Diamond Presses and Radbolt Engines, since now we'll need constant high rads during fueling instead of temporary high rads to store up, or multiple generators (which is a lot of heating). I get wanting to have a capacity, but could it please be something like 2000 instead?

well, we can increase radbolt generators as whole because they increase also the distance to 10. but i prefer if there would be then also some-sort radbolt storage box.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get that some people want challenge with the storage nerf of the radbolt generator but that was already a challenge for some. 

Would it be possible to have some solutions to soften this change, I can think of:

1- A box at the world generation allowing to modify to fasten (or decreased) the generation of radbolt. (slower / default / faster) 

2- A way to store it like a particle accelerator of sort that would self contained the radbolt until it received a green signal (automation) to send desired quantity 

3- A decreased power usage of the radbolt generator when its full (like an evo mode for the fridge) 

4- A parameter to change at world generation to decide the limit of the radbolt generator (500 / 1000 /4000 / none) 

That would allow people to have challenge and others to enjoy the game as they want. 

Edited by RomainL
Grammar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RomainL said:

1- A box at the world generation allowing to modify to fasten (or decreased) the generation of radbolt. (slower / default / faster) 

Isn't that already happening depending on the radiation available to the radbolt generator? If it is on high radiation levels it fill up quicker than in lower radiation levels. The change of x10 made that even easier because you can actually block some radiation now and it will still be useful

15 minutes ago, RomainL said:

4- A parameter to change at world generation to decide the limit of the radbolt generator (500 / 1000 /4000 / none)

Wouldn't it be more realistic to set limits 500/10.000/100.0000/infinite? Although a meter to type the number of stored radbolts you want and a decreased consumption when this number is reached I think it would be great

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RomainL said:

3- A decreased power usage of the radbolt generator when its full (like an evo mode for the fridge) 

There's NO power cost if the radbolt generator is full. Though it needs to be powered to maintain radbolts, just same as before.

Snipaste_2021-11-06_16-12-23.thumb.png.e598a91ee4f625795736bb3c5df39813.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MrAnimaniac said:

The amount of collected radbolts used to decline if the generator was unpowered. 

it was because it collected them all the time, when radbolt  generator originally released it worked like that. they made some changes and thats why there was also unlimited storage

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ozymandias_3 said:

welp, my game went to 4-5 fps ;-;

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Before the update, 55 dupes on day 169, over a dozen stables, and only two asteroids. No lag with ~ 59 FPS.

With the update pure "lag party" with 16 FPS. I have two crashed satellite rivets on the start asteriods.

Unfortunately, it is no longer playable (again). Hope for a performance update soon, as there is simply too much end content to discover.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've also discovered big fps issues since the latest patch. Went from ~50 to ~10 fps on highest speed. Only playable on normal speed right now :(

30 dupes and 3 colonized asteroids.

PC should not be the problem (GTX 3080. 32GB RAM, Ryzen 5900X)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Nebbie said:

10x is a lot, especially to do in one patch. I would've expected a 2x or a 5x increase, then maybe the other of the two later (with warning), not 10x all at once. This is going to fry a lot of dupes in people with bases not prepared for this update, and even in a normal base that avoids much radiation, I expect some issues to come with working in space or rockets, in large part because now all existing spacefarer modules are instantly very obsolete...

Actually not that bad. I have an Oasisse with 3 crashed satellites and while one dupe went up to 150 rads while installing some shielding, that was it. For rocketry, just give them rad pills and maybe install some lead shielding in critical places. Works well, even without the additional shielding rockets get now. 

So, somewhat surprising, yes. See above for me nearly filing a bug report. But too harsh? No. 

8 hours ago, gabberworld said:

well, we can increase radbolt generators as whole because they increase also the distance to 10. but i prefer if there would be then also some-sort radbolt storage box.

Radbolt storage would be quite useful, agreed.

 

As to lag: I am seeing that too. Went from perfectly smooth to barely playable with this update. It is bad enough that some times the user-interaction fails, like marking something for digging, releasing the mouse-button and moving the mouse and a lot more gets marked. If these parts stop working reliably, that is really bad.

Whatever they did, it was probably a really bad idea, unless it is in preparation for optimizations. May also be that they messed up the compile and left debug stuff in there that should not be in there or forgot to ask the compiler to optimize.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the radiation changes. It's has a visible effects now and while 1-2 shine bugs won't hurt your duplicants you need to be careful around other things that emit radiation (didn't have whezewort to check out yet).
I also like that radiaiton now disinfects stuff in buildings (can actually use shinebugs to disinfect stuff now) but I'm a bit affraid it's why we have such performance drops.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For radbolt/radiation storage, I'd like to see a slightly different mechanic than just another tank. Maybe an enrichment cycle (not unlike Factorio): depleted uranium is enriched at diminishing returns, but at least you can "store" leftover radbolts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mackhuffer said:

For radbolt/radiation storage, I'd like to see a slightly different mechanic than just another tank. Maybe an enrichment cycle (not unlike Factorio): depleted uranium is enriched at diminishing returns, but at least you can "store" leftover radbolts.

I`d imagine radobolt storage should be something like a large ring (like a 4x4 structure) that requires constant power when storing radbolts (something like 120 or 240 and losing radbolts slowly when unpowered). Automation would have to be used to launch the bolts and you could select how many it launches at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe radbolts can be "converted" in to Plutonium :confused::confused::confused: This could be the substance where we would really have to be careful to have dupes or critters come close...Please Klei :afro:

1000 Radbolts = 0.001 kg Plutonium

image.png.c9bcf2ac94d391617085ffc4272e5282.png Kalvin Glein - Inventor or the "kg" unit

Edited by babba
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...