[Game Update] - Public Testing - 482865

• Developer

Hi everyone,

We’re releasing a patch for Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out! to the Public Testing branch today. 

There have been lots of adjustments to the new Spaced Out! style Moonlet clusters (previously called “fractured” clusters). Thank you for your feedback on these clusters so far!

Further work has been done on the new Radiation Lamp building. It now converts some Uranium Ore directly to Depleted Uranium during use. 

Many more POI buildings are now demolishable, including crashed satellites, neural vacillators, and the AETN. We also fixed a bunch of bugs!

You can read the full patch notes below. Thanks for your continued feedback and bug reports! If you'd like to try the Public Testing branch you can follow the instructions listed here.

Changes

• All Versions
    • Updated Combustible Liquids and Compostables element category descriptions.
    • Neural Vacillator chair is now demolishable.
    • Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier is now demolishable instead of deconstructable.
  • Base Game Only
    • Forest biome in Rime now includes some buried Oxyfern seeds. 
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Updated icons for new asteroids in Moonlet clusters.
    • Updated descriptions of Moonlet Clusters.
    • Added a description to the Radioactive Ocean Asteroid.
    • Increased the amount of Uranium Ore the Radiation Lamp consumes
    • Added sound for Radiation Lamp.
    • The meter on the Radiation Lamp now functions.
    • Moved the Radiation Lamp in the research tree from "Interior Decor" to "Agriculture".
    • Moved the Radiation Lamp in the crafting menu from "Furniture" to "Radiation".
    • The Radiation Lamp now drops Depleted Uranium as it consumes Uranium Ore.
    • Added a small amount of noise to radiation emitters
    • Fixed wording of Morale High Ground achievement to be more clear.
    • Worldgen
      • Fixed issue causing a high temperature Abyssalite break on the Radioactive Ocean Asteroid.
      • Moved The Badlands Asteroid in all Moonlet Clusters to be more centrally located.
      • Removed Neutronium from Flipped Asteroid's magma surface. Increased magma passage size.
      • Adjusted Metallic Swampy asteroid to have slightly more variety of metal geysers.
      • Adjusted Radioactive Ocean to have more curated water geysers.
      • Minor adjustments to Space POI positioning in Moonlet Clusters. 
      • Added buried Oxyfern Seeds to Forest biome on Frozen Forest Asteroid.
      • More consistent Oxyfern placement on Forest Moonlet and Radioactive Ocean Asteroid.
      • Improved Moonlet Cluster's Badlands Asteroid oil rules.
    • Crashed Satellites are now demolishable.
    • Cryotank 3000 is demolishable after defrosting Duplicant inside.
    • Unknown Geysers are now displayed when selecting an asteroid on the Starmap. These are found in Classic Style clusters.

Bugs

• All Versions
    • Fixed issue preventing Duplicant names from hiding when the camera is zoomed out.
    • Smooth Hatchling egg chances are now affected by eating Aluminum Ore. Removed reference to unused Electrum diet.
    • Fixed Wall Clock's height being incorrect.
    • Fixed bug preventing Security Doors from being deconstructable after loading a save.
  • Base game Only
    • Fixed the offset of the dupe interact with the virtual planetarium. It was moved over half a tile so now it sits in the machine properly.
    • Fixed an overlapping port issue that made the Space Scanner impossible to build.
    • Fixed bug allowing radiation values to display in Duplicant properties panel when DLC is not active
    • Fixed bug causing Radiation tutorial to show up in base game.
    • Fixed bug causing Radiation build menu category to show up in base game Database.
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Adjustments to background orbiting object visuals to prevent overlaps.
    • Fix Radiation Lamp missing radiation on one tile.
    • Fix Radiation Sensor referencing temperature instead of radiation.
    • Stone and Smooth Hatches can now eat Cobalt Ore. 
    • The Radiation Lamp description no longer says it is emitting light.
    • Ladder Bed shake animation no longer plays when a Duplicant walks by an empty bed.
    • Fixed crash when rummaging a vending machine.
    • Fix issue where the automation system wasn't picking up very short state changes from the Radbolt Sensor. 
    • Potential fix for Saturn Critter Trap crash.

View full update

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

could you guys add little icons for the traits?  even if it's something simple like a letter, just so we don't have to mouse over each one to find what traits are there, just a QoL thing

i'm hoping you guys can let us choose more varied starts.  like a dial for how many inner asteroids we get, like 2, 3, or 5 inner asteroids.  then a dial for the asteroid field like sandstone, frozen, forest, swamp and so on.  it'll make the world select hopefully less cluttered

still missing that aetn on the shattered starts hehe

11 hours ago, JarrettM said:
    • Neural Vacillator chair is now demolishable.
    • Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier is now demolishable instead of deconstructable.

Could they drop some unique resource, like AETN Core, that could be used to rebuild them in another place? That would be sooooo nice.

We could also be able to find more those resources in space, or construct them in the forge for some crazy price

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

21 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

The BioScan doors  seems bugged.  After scanning, the deconstruct/demolish is not available.  Anybody else having problems removing the bioscan doors?

I don't recall being able to deconstruct or demolish them at any point. Mayb game load fix is not retroactive so will only work on new worlds?

16 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

I don't recall being able to deconstruct or demolish them at any point. Mayb game load fix is not retroactive so will only work on new worlds?

Used to be deconstructable after you scan bio. I have to find some old stream game play and clip it. 

1 minute ago, RonEmpire said:

Used to be deconstructable after you scan bio. I have to find some old stream game play and clip it. 

This is correct, the "deconstruct" button was present right after submitting a scan, but disappeared on save/load. From current testing branch update:

14 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Fixed bug preventing Security Doors from being deconstructable after loading a save.

Just covering the basics here, do you have a duplicant with the demolition skill in your colony? Maybe the fix did not get applied properly?

I'm gonna keep bugging you guys about Magma Channels ;).  It deletes all minor volcanoes in the volcanic biome currently leaving you without a replenishable source of magma especially now that you can't reliably 'feed' it with regolith in Spaced Out!.  Essentially, once you get into the magma it quickly cools and you're left with a bunch of hot rocks and no magma.  I need to purposely avoid any worldgen with this trait because of this issue.

Edited by durbal
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

The BioScan doors  seems bugged.  After scanning, the deconstruct/demolish is not available.  Anybody else having problems removing the bioscan doors?

Are you sure you are playing the testing branch? Because in the testing branch of SO! it seems to work correctly

Spoiler

1576843265_bioscandoor_2.thumb.PNG.ce4b378d3dece82ce16426f794ec9c0f.PNG 1821792764_bioscandoor_2_.thumb.PNG.cc6a1f659eb7221cafe5000703bc29b4.PNG

After reloading the save file

1101794336_bioscandoor_2_reload.thumb.PNG.1fa5316596d17be3ceaa31743d0dace1.PNG

5 hours ago, pether said:

Could they drop some unique resource, like AETN Core, that could be used to rebuild them in another place? That would be sooooo nice.

We could also be able to find more those resources in space, or construct them in the forge for some crazy price

I kinda like having the AETN be some kind of ancient technology that can't be recreated conveniently and instead must be built around.  I generally like the extra challenge regarding it.

I do think it'd be cool to have other kinds of ancient tech (maybe even a kinda-AETN thing) scattered in the universe, though.

• Like 3

• Developer
4 hours ago, durbal said:

I'm gonna keep bugging you guys about Magma Channels ;).  It deletes all minor volcanoes in the volcanic biome currently leaving you without a replenishable source of magma especially now that you can't reliably 'feed' it with regolith in Spaced Out!.  Essentially, once you get into the magma it quickly cools and you're left with a bunch of hot rocks and no magma.  I need to purposely avoid any worldgen with this trait because of this issue.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the three minor volcanoes that can spawn in the barren biome of the first three Spaced Out style clusters? I've changed it in the next update so they can also spawn in the magma channels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

And here I assume there's explosion coming, without reading entire sentence.

Ohhhh, ohhhh...that would be so nice :p

I swear, next time I will mention welding sparks, ignition, explosion and spreading fire...it will be the year 2022. I needed to mentioned it once more :lol: Soooo craving this, praying for such valuable game content in DLC2 :afro:

Keep the good work up Klei, ONI is such a lovely game :x

14 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

And why can't we do it before defrosting the dupe? Please explain it in a way that I can understand.:wilson_angelic:

Klei could add a frosted mummy dropping out of the Cryotank on destruction, if someone is still inside :confused: Extra graphics hehe...

image.png.e85b03b2e59b7eb499b228284a4811d7.png Frozen mummy dupe

3 hours ago, durbal said:

I kinda like having the AETN be some kind of ancient technology that can't be recreated conveniently and instead must be built around.  I generally like the extra challenge regarding it.

Mhh mhh IMHO if its something which must be built around, at least for me, it should be something mega awesome and not feel like something "in the way". Currently I always destroy all Klei building presets in the map.

If it would be some kind of Aztech temple or a pyramid or something, perhaps yes. I`m undecided on this, that is my opinion. If such a special building looks awesome jaw dropping, like with a nice water fall and burning torch lights etc., then it still be in the way but the awesomeness could make up for it.

image.png.d4ddb97bbc57f4581bfb28618b62f54a.png The foldable Gizah Phyramhid, only spawns on the "Dhesert Khings" asteroid

Can not be destroyed, regardless of user complaints.

3 hours ago, durbal said:

I do think it'd be cool to have other kinds of ancient tech (maybe even a kinda-AETN thing) scattered in the universe, though.

Perhaps a blueprint, consisting of several paper parts...where the blueprint parts need to be found and gathered from several asteroids...and then be combined, to be able to build ONE MEGA AETN :confused:

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hokaeru said:

You could defrost it, if it's a good dupe, keep them, and otherwise you can... build a monument for their sacrifice !

I think the frozen dupes were recently changed so they don't have negative traits anymore

9 hours ago, Steve8 said:

I think the frozen dupes were recently changed so they don't have negative traits anymore

If i recall correctly, they removed some traits, particularly the ones that makes a dupe cannot do one type of errand, such as digging etc. 

They also added a "ancient science" bonus which gives them a +3 bonus everywhere

However you can technically still get a flatulent or narcoleptic of sorts. 

All in all a bet i'm ready to take, since i'm not taking too much risk. 

10 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Just to clarify, are you referring to the three minor volcanoes that can spawn in the barren biome of the first three Spaced Out style clusters? I've changed it in the next update so they can also spawn in the magma channels.

Currently, there are no minor volcanoes at all, if you have the magma channels trait. This includes the barren biome.