Deerclopsi TRUE Gender

Hey folx, I wanted to talk about something that has seriously irked me the past couple of days...

319?cb=20140308172417

... just WHAT is in between this things legs!?! xD

Various points of evidence would point to Deerclops being biologically male or female. Wurt, the constants local survivors, addresses Deerclops as a female:

image.png.d9c3314de8eea7fa4dd123088ec5bb46.png

However, Maxwell (deerclops creator), Webber, & Wolfgang refer to Deerclops as a male:

image.png.3a030df83a07b043974005ea40ebf894.png

image.png.9c86eedefba802ee897ac50f0ae299d3.png

image.png.90e74bf5279da9ef1e1b52fb92696d83.png

Weirder enough, the adventure mode level KING OF WINTER is the one where you are intended to face against Deerclops. Is Deerclops or Wilson supposed to be the king of winter? Tell us Klei, what the bleepity-bleep is going on here?

not going to lie i do not trust this thread. really hoping you don't know the connotations behind that specific version of the lesbian pride flag, but i have to feel like in a thread talking about deerclops "true" gender and "what's between their legs" it would just be too much of a coincidence...

It can be both. Who says that every Deerclops is male or female? It's most likely a mix of both that you slaughter in your time in Don't Starve. Alternatively, we could also assume that every part of Deerclops is male except for the separate being that inhabits his eye hole, being female as the glassy eyebrella explains.

These type of threads get locked as soon as they’re started for a reason.. but there’s probably more then one Deerclops and each year you kill one the next year it’s family comes looking for it when it hasn’t showed up for Christmas dinner..

I bet you all feel bad now don’t you?

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

not going to lie i do not trust this thread. really hoping you don't know the connotations behind that specific version of the lesbian pride flag, but i have to feel like in a thread talking about deerclops "true" gender and "what's between their legs" it would just be too much of a coincidence...

Just what the duece are you talking about now? If my PFP is creating a problem feel free to educate me about what wrong my flag does in DMs. 

I don't want to get any further into it but all I wanted to do was create a thread about this weird enigma. If Tallbirds can all be one gender why cant Deerclops? 

12 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Can you explain, what you mean/suspect?

Also, someone in the forum said it before once, it would be totally logical, if there is more than one deerclops. There is always one the next winter, even if you killed it before. So there could be multiple clopsies somewhere in the world, that reproduce like other mammals and every year, one shows up to beat up your base. Gender may vary.

Deerclops is a species. 

And I'll skip the long talk about difference between gender and sex, and get straight to the point:

It doesn't matter. 

People use random pronouns to address animals and objects all the time.

1 minute ago, Falkenpelz said:

Can you explain, what you mean/suspect?

Also, someone in the forum said it before once, it would be totally logical, if there is more than one deerclops. There is always one the next winter, even if you killed it before. So there could be multiple clopsies somewhere in the world, that reproduce like other mammals and every year, one shows up to beat up your base. Gender may vary.

Well, Tallbirds are all female & beefalo can reproduce asexually like some species of bug so I dont think the logic matters. The same case seemed to be for Deerclops so I thought it would be cool to make a thread about it. 

I'm not sure what this Sunset Skye is on about or if theyre just homophobic but I'd like to make it clear that my flag is Demi-Lesbian. That means I am attracted to girls, I identify as a girl, and that I'm only attracted to girls I have made an emotional connection to. I'm not sure what the big deal or controversy is or why everybody is getting defensive here. Considering how deerclops is an animal It's safe to assume it identifies as it's sex assigned at birth.

Sorry to anyone I've offended on the matter. I genuinely did not mean to upset you all.

3 minutes ago, TabbyCollector said:

I'm not sure what this Sunset Skye is on about or if theyre just homophobic but I'd like to make it clear that my flag is Demi-Lesbian. That means I am attracted to girls, I identify as a girl, and that I'm only attracted to girls I have made an emotional connection to. I'm not sure what the big deal or controversy is or why everybody is getting defensive here. Considering how deerclops is an animal It's safe to assume it identifies as it's sex assigned at birth.

Sorry to anyone I've offended on the matter. I genuinely did not mean to upset you all.

Your pride flag uses lipstick lesbian colors which were made by a trans exclusionary radical feminist (terf)

7 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

Your pride flag uses lipstick lesbian colors which were made by a trans exclusionary radical feminist (terf)

Well tell that terf i told her to go *BLEEP* herself. I guess I will try to remake my icon tomorrow but it was a really big pain in the motherboard to do this icon in the first place...

6 minutes ago, TabbyCollector said:

I'm not sure what this Sunset Skye is on about or if theyre just homophobic but I'd like to make it clear that my flag is Demi-Lesbian. That means I am attracted to girls, I identify as a girl, and that I'm only attracted to girls I have made an emotional connection to. I'm not sure what the big deal or controversy is or why everybody is getting defensive here.

I might have come across a bit aggressively, sorry, I've been through many threads like this before and so kind of assume the worst. But god like, it's SO scary that I came across as homophobic, I am literally gay I have a girlfriend!! I'm so sorry if I gave off such a bad vibe.

For a better explanation of the issue with the flag, it's like, the black triangle is the part that makes it a demi-lesbian flag, yeah? that's fine. The issue is like... the colors behind it. The version of the lesbian flag with the purple and pink and red (not the usual one with orange) does look pretty, but unfortunately the person who made it (Natalie McCray) is both a terf, biphobe, and racist, so using that version of the flag, even if unintentionally, gives off a really bad vibe. Even if you have no bad intentions, it is just generally a bad idea as it both puts people aware of it on edge and would make any possible terfs feel comfortable to see.

Sorry for not being clearer in the first place.

its an animal species with multiple members that come once in every winter, and if you really want to be scientific in a game where volt goats can commit mitosis and form an entire herd from like 1 goat alone the most logical assumption is that there are members of both sexes for the deerclops and it simply isnt important to know which is which because when one appears you are in immediate mortal danger.

33 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

There is always one the next winter, even if you killed it before. So there could be multiple clopsies somewhere in the world, that reproduce like other mammals and every year, one shows up to beat up your base. Gender may vary.

Is this like "They Breathe" where the horned moose turns out to be a eldritch jellyfish? :wilson_ecstatic:

image.png.cd1754b366d87beb752add3b0ba5bb31.png

Hmmmmm... good question.
I always thought of deerclops as a weird cool robot given the eye can be used to make the houndius shootius, and that the Feastclops shoots lasers from it's eyes very similarly to a certain iron hulk. As for the meat drop when you kill it... uh. No explanation, it must be wearing a costume.

Archived