Wanda Appreciation Thread

Klei, I love the direction you've taken this character. Her mechanics are incredibly innovative. The tuning seems phenomenal. The high risk / high reward nature of her is for sure going to be a blast to play. I for one cannot wait to play her on Thursday.

This is a Wanda appreciation thread. If you want to complain about the character, keep it to yourself or at least out of this thread.

I LOVE YOU KLEI AND I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR WANDA!!!

Oh yes, definitely! I tried to watch as many Ambassadors as I could so I could understand the character better and see how she's played in real time by multiple people of varying skill levels and playstyles. It's definitely an awesome character and doesn't deserve that much hate from everyone calling her op even without playing her.

Her design is fantastic, the Time bar that replaces the health bar looks really cool, the skins are simply phenomenal, and the character just looks so interesting to play as.

I like her skin, I forget the name of it.. but I’ll be weaving that day one probably.

I also like the multiplayer Wormhole so I can drag my lazy friends who often get lost to my location.

Other then that- it’s to early to tell how much I will like/dislike her- I’ve liked all the characters so far so fingers crossed she won’t end up being the exception.

Elderly wanda is adorable i love the way she gets an inch shorter in her old age lmao its so cute! I might be forced to play as her just for that :lol: Wickerbottom was my first ‘main’ after all. the old wise lady archetype is always interesting to me :wilson_flower:

I'm 100% loving what I've seen of Wanda so far.  She's probably my most anticipated character release ever.  I am usually a very balance-sensitive person, but am holding off judgement until I play her.  A lot of things can look OP without being OP, so I want to play her myself before I cast any judgement on that.

I'm also hoping this is a glimpse of what we might expect from Maxwell's rework, being the OG shadow master.  I'm hoping that while Wanda gets some time / revival / melee shadow magic, from Maxwell we get more caster style, with interesting spells he can deploy.

From what this Rose Appraiser has seen of Wanda, it is safe to say this will be wonderful.

Wanda doesn't appear to be too overpowered, needing some small tweaks and changes the Klei will almost certainly check and work on before her release. Her health is perfectly understandable and lore-friendly, seeing as she is a loose thread in time. Damage shaving off years of one's life is a very realistic concept, with a simplification for the sake of sanity. All her clocks are very useful, but this Rose Appraiser does agree that some changes would be beneficial to balancing the glass cannon of Wanda (changing cooldown time and crafting costs). Color this Rose Appraiser thoroughly intrigued and excited for the Timekeeper's debut!

Omg I'm so excited to play her! The whole time Warlock/Witch design is fantastic. 

This is what I've always wanted from Maxwell but never got. Her animations for her clocks and death are phenomenal. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I like her skin, I forget the name of it.. but I’ll be weaving that day one probably.

Maybe her triumphant? I love her boots and dress, gives me bayonetta vibes lol.

I love how she looks, I love her voice. Can't wait to see the examine lines in-between her and the other characters.

I remember being pissed at having to walk all the way to ruins/fuelweaver and back every time, and thinking that if there was a new character that could craft wormholes they'd be perfect. Klei could remove everything except for the fast travel possibilities she has and I'd still praise her, she being a glass cannon is just the cherry on top.

19 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Omg I'm so excited to play her! The whole time Warlock/Witch design is fantastic. 

This is what I've always wanted from Maxwell but never got. Her animations for her clocks and death are phenomenal. 

Maybe her triumphant? I love her boots and dress, gives me bayonetta vibes lol.

No it’s the other one the gear head or whatever I like that skin and hair, got kind of a “Becky Lynch” style vibe to it and I’m digging it.

This One:

4DDF844D-0169-41BF-AB47-EFF2B912741E.thumb.png.228ac226d8c1ce8b18f966629e6d4688.png

I particularly like the hairstyle here: I probably won’t use the full skin set- I NEVER use the full skin set I like to create my own unique outfits by mixing and matching clothing.

B1F07114-73EF-426D-8EE6-3ECD98527AB7.thumb.jpeg.82dd74cc6ed94f2f297b0b763b928497.jpeg

The above photo is a bit out-dated now but it’s the most recent one I’ve posted of my wacky cast of characters can’t wait to see what wacky look I can give Wanda. 

• I love the ability to teleport anywhere you set your mark. (maybe i love it too much and i will probably main her and say goodbye to my recent mains).
  • I love the theme. A spacetime warping clock maker. I think it is a very DS theme and she really belongs.
  • I think the theme is translated well into the gameplay
  • I appreciate a glass cannon character
  • I like her visual design (yeah, it's not the old design with shades, but overall she looks sympathetic to me)
  • I like aging as a mechanic
  • And the best for last, I appreciate that she isn't a switch-to-and-from character.

With Wanda, the question is not where is base...but when is base?

Seriously though, I can't wait to try new base locations with her time travel abilities. I like the skin that looks like Dr. "Liv" Octavius. The death and ability animations and sound effects are amazing! I can't wait to weave her and am really looking forward to the origin story and gameplay experience :D

2 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Wanda is very good! Not to mention, she's probably better than Wolfgang with her oldest age, Alarming clock, and spicy volt goat Chaud-Froid

heard that the dps of the weapon is lower than we think since it takes longer to actually attack compared to other melee weapons

Archived