Wanda Appreciation Thread

12 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

Wanda is very good! Not to mention, she's probably better than Wolfgang with her oldest age, Alarming clock, and spicy volt goat Chaud-Froid

Her DPS is slightly lower than a fully mighty Wolfgang but I’d argue that she’s much better overall due to her utility.  

Wolfgang has damage, speed, and health.  That’s it.

Wanda has almost the same damage, her teleporting exceeds the benefit of Wolf’s speed, and between easy revives and the backstep watch I don’t think her lower health matters that much for combat.

23 minutes ago, Toros said:

Her DPS is slightly lower than a fully mighty Wolfgang but I’d argue that she’s much better overall due to her utility.  

Wolfgang has damage, speed, and health.  That’s it.

Wanda has almost the same damage, her teleporting exceeds the benefit of Wolf’s speed, and between easy revives and the backstep watch I don’t think her lower health matters that much for combat.

in combat i still see wolf>>wanda. In utility for the team wanda>>>>>>>wolfg 

wolfg doesnt need that much preparation for killing bosses since spawn, wanda needs stuff to start working (is basicaly a worst wormwood when spawns)

Tbh, I think for the most part shes fine, my only issues are her revive watch(free revives, oh boy!) and her special weapon doing 59.5 damage when out of charge(charged damage is fine though)

I feel nerfing the weapon's uncharged damage to 34 and making the revive watch cooldown not tick down when it's not in wanda's inventory would make her in just the perfect spot balancewise IMO, the rest of her stuff is fine as is.

I haven’t played as her yet (have some real-world stuff to do first) but I did unlock her already, It’s pretty cool she arrived at roughly the same time for PC/PS/Xbox

I also want to provide a little bit of personal info here maybe Klei staff will appreciate- For as long as I can remember I have been in love with an On again Off again Ex from my childhood, she’s like a “Past I can’t Quite Escape.” Even though she’s probably long moved on and forgotten me, my dreams at night remind me of things we did together in the past and sometimes of a future I never had the chance to have with her. 

So to have my favorite game of all time so closely mirror my real-life is just quite uncanny to me.. 

Thank You Klei, Thanks for Wanda whom I’m sure I will love if for nothing else: the personal reason above. Hopefully playing as her later today will be much fun!

7 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Also want to add, new main menu music is really good.

Remind me old DS music, gives creepy vibes. You have done a good job with music Klei.

Out of every single DS title theme I've ever heard and appreciated, this is beats them all by a mile.

Also I think we need a concerned react for poor Mike

12 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Out of every single DS title theme I've ever heard and appreciated, this is beats them all by a mile.

Everything about wanda really screams quintessential DS in the best way possible including this music, its so good. which paradoxically feels like a breath of fresh air right now

——

klei hit it out of the park with Wanda i think.

(I *cant* wait for the QoL update im hoping they didnt overhype it on accident)

Playing her in old age is constant stress, in a swarm of depth dwellers I've died multiple times doing multiple rollbacks. Does make you think and need to be younger to deal with those scary situations to be younger to survive. She whacks bosses quite well, but she hates tight corners to where she'd get swarmed. Always stay on toes, always age down if situation tells you so. Definitely not a newbie friendly character with great mechanics for transportation support or survival. I'm yet to tinker about with that backtrack watch...

19 hours ago, MrSoratori said:

im kinda mad about the clocks doesnt need gears to be crafted actually but ye stunnin character

Clockwork gears apparently are too big as she describes, but it does take thulecite and clocks do tend to need small bits and pieces to work...

28 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Playing her in old age is constant stress, in a swarm of depth dwellers I've died multiple times doing multiple rollbacks. Does make you think and need to be younger to deal with those scary situations to be younger to survive. She whacks bosses quite well, but she hates tight corners to where she'd get swarmed. Always stay on toes, always age down if situation tells you so. Definitely not a newbie friendly character with great mechanics for transportation support or survival. I'm yet to tinker about with that backtrack watch...

Clockwork gears apparently are too big as she describes, but it does take thulecite and clocks do tend to need small bits and pieces to work...

Its very hard to recover time quickly too - if you try to rewind mid-combat and time it wrong you can lose your entire recovery.  She is definitely a character that requires some skill.

16 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

It's not that she's not a beginner friendly character it's more so you shouldn't  staying above young age intentionally if your not good at kiting hordes and when I say good i don't mean frame perfect occasionally taking hits for example if your getting hit more than 5 times per minute every minute you'll likely not have a good time.

That being said one thing I do think should be toned down abit is her freezing and overheat damagem

10 minutes ago, Well-met said:

1 year per 2 seconds doesnt sound that fast, idk

Yeah it really doesn't, I have yet to take freezing or overheating damage (just drop a twig and burn it in a pinch), but it gives Wanda 2 full minutes to die from max hp (which I always am outside of battle thanks to just 2 ageless watches). 

My problem so far is the marble drought I'm experiencing. Its really rng with how many your worlds produces at the start. Its the hardest material I have every experienced in finding because its possible location is so random. I have at most found 4 marble. Its also super annoying when I find clockwork set pieces with no marble statues because the world made an oopsie. 

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Yeah it really doesn't, I have yet to take freezing or overheating damage (just drop a twig and burn it in a pinch), but it gives Wanda 2 full minutes to die from max hp (which I always am outside of battle thanks to just 2 ageless watches). 

1 year / 2 seconds seems really fast if you're elder though lol

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

My problem so far is the marble drought I'm experiencing. Its really rng with how many your worlds produces at the start. Its the hardest material I have every experienced in finding because its possible location is so random. I have at most found 4 marble. Its also super annoying when I find clockwork set pieces with no marble statues because the world made an oopsie. 

One thing I was thinking is that she can deconstruct her watches for full resource refund.  So if I can get even just 2-3 marble as I start to explore the world that can get me through the early game with extra watches while I'm getting things set up.  Then I can break them apart and plant some marble beans to get more back after at least.

Archived