Why do Walter’s skins look weird in hats? Is this intentional?

I’ve been noticing this for a while, and it’s starting to bug me- Walter’s skins are made so that the hair works with the pinetree pioneer hat, and almost nothing else. There’s an example below. It doesn’t even look like he’s wearing it.58571DD9-59D9-4FBD-9072-32A33AAF7E7C.png.afcae9722a1a419b570e3c704658eb18.png

I’ll continue to post more examples below.

Yeah sometimes it's just full pain to get hats that match everyone and their skins based on the head size, inclination and eyes position. But these seems like they could work just fine if they change Walter and his skins make his head a little more forward just in general and change the hair model when hats are equipped, he looks like there's almost no difference soooo it’s probably just an oversight ?

Giving him a helmet hair layer for fully covering headgear should be the first step. And shuffling the position of the helmet on his head is all you need to do it get it to look worn instead of pasted on. Excuse the rushed edit:

bPAuIKi.png

Now while we're on the topic and with Webber's refresh near, can we look into better fitting headgear for characters who have too high or too low eyes?

While we're here, fix rabbit earmuffs for characters with tall heads (wortox, wormwood, etc) so that depending on where you look at it, it doesnt go behind the hair/horns/stem(?) from one POV or in front of it from another POV

5 hours ago, -Kiyo- said:

Now while we're on the topic and with Webber's refresh near, can we look into better fitting headgear for characters who have too high or too low eyes?

On one hand I agree with this on the other I worry this may take away from the fool skin Wes with a helmet I seriously love how he looks with it right now.

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

why did i think it was pronounced Joestar

Im dyslexic give me a break xD

If you've ever read my posts you'd know I have to correct spelling like 10 times. Its so bad I forget how to spell even simple words like "school" because the spelling changes in my memories lmao. I forget words all the time... Its just... Bad.

9 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Im dyslexic give me a break xD

If you've ever read my posts you'd know I have to correct spelling like 10 times. Its so bad I forget how to spell even simple words like "school" because the spelling changes in my memories lmao. I forget words all the time... Its just... Bad.

dont worry, I dont watch jojo's, its just that some friends have told me bout it and i came to that conclusion, you probably are to right one

also when one tried to get me to guess the names of the jos I was convinced one was called Joe Joestar

I think this problem has a potential fix already by using a console command. In this image in the left is me as walter wearing a hat, in the right is a friend playing as wilson but using a console command to look like walter. It looks much better with most hats i would say

Edit: it's only for walter hats, it looks bigger and fits better in my view

dontstarve_steam_eUniOY2BpU.png

dontstarve_steam_AkYColaGe3.png

Archived