Hilarious bugs and patch notes

The title says it all. Here are some gems I found in patch notes and bugtracker entries (from everything DS/DST):

Spoiler

- Fixed a bug that caused Wes to become invisible while miming on a beefalo

- Sleeping in a burning tent makes you bodiless and unable to move

- Wolfgang has nose falling off face on boat

- Gang of pigmen standing in the ocean?

- Birds all gone and dolphins swim on land

- Wild Boars walking on water

- Giant Asparagus, floating.

- Anything that's underwater doesn't get wet.

Feel free to add to this list. And lets not forget about the biggest, buggiest threat in the Constant:

INVISIBLE SHARK

10 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Sharks rotating the world

Ohhh yes, I remember that one! :D

Also one of the most iconic DS bugs probably was the thing with Rocklobsters insanely overpopulating your world in seconds to a point of no return

-Fixed a a bug that could cause boats to corrupt save files when left adrift

-Fixed a crash in the item collection when Willow hugs Ashley

-Fixed a crash when using the Winter's feast lantern

Some of my favorite because of how stupid and unexpected these bugs would be.  Just imagine being on a 1000 day world and you hop from one boat to another forgetting to anchor and you lose that save file.

I currently have a pretty cursed world. Bearger growls all autumn long, but never spawns, squids get stuck between lureplants for eternity unless i end their suffering, my lureplant farm sometimes has a mysterious light appear there for a couple days with no explanation and, my favourite, after some angry moslings stormed a particular area, you always see a weird, bubble-popping-like single orange particle there for a second, whenever you pass by. I don't know. I really don't.

This one comes to mind first.

• Fixed a crash caused by Wigfrid’s Battle Helm

Wigfrid was singlehandedly the most destructive character in the entire game. Just her existence at any point ceased all life in any world.

I also recall a bug during RWYS beta where fertilizing a farm plot would just crash the game. (fixed here)

• Fixed a crash when using some fertilizer items on farm soil.

Dug up another bugreport:

"Pearl Is Missing Part of Her Arm When She Dances"

The way it is capitalised makes it look like an unfinished Haiku.

Pearl Is Missing Part

Of Her Arm When She Dances.

(I Guess That Must Hurt)

On 5/3/2021 at 11:18 PM, Falkenpelz said:

I currently have a pretty cursed world. Bearger growls all autumn long, but never spawns, squids get stuck between lureplants for eternity unless i end their suffering, my lureplant farm sometimes has a mysterious light appear there for a couple days with no explanation 

I've had all of these things happen to me too, on different servers and different platforms.

Not Klei's responsibility this time, but more trippy stuff: If you play with the Random Spawner and the Pick Up Anything mod (a match made in heaven) and a boat spawns on land, try pick it up. It'll send you and other nearby players flying eastwards across the land and the ocean in hyperspeed and off the map until your character starts to desintegrate.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:50 AM, SonicDen220 said:

This one comes to mind first.

Wigfrid was singlehandedly the most destructive character in the entire game. Just her existence at any point ceased all life in any world.

I also recall a bug during RWYS beta where fertilizing a farm plot would just crash the game. (fixed here)

image.thumb.png.5340ae35d34f0b48e9c57f4a8a18bcd6.pngYou made Scott cry.

:wilson_laugh:

18 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Exuse me, what the... What exactly were "horrible" food items only Webber could eat??

Pig skin and bunny puffs are "horrible" food items, it's too bad, eating pig skin and bunny puffs as Webber seemed like a neat detail.

32 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Pig skin and bunny puffs are "horrible" food items, it's too bad, eating pig skin and bunny puffs as Webber seemed like a neat detail.

Hmm, bunny puffs, let's chew on some fur! 

Archived