[Game Update] - 461736

• Developer

Changes

• Removed the threaded render option for OSX and Linux because it doesn’t work quite right.
  • Music has been added for the Celestial Champion.
  • The Celestial Champion no longer burns.
  • When a glassed-over Moon Dial is shattered after defeating the Celestial Champion, the dropped Moon Shards will now stack with other nearby Moon Shards.
  • The Enlightened Crown container can now be closed.
  • Misshapen Bird and Moonblind Crow can be put in the birdcage now.

Bug Fixes

• Moongleam physics fixed.
  • Fixed a bug causing the players sanity drain from lights to be wrongly calculated.
  • Fixed a bug causing calculations for if something is in light to be wrong sometimes.
  • The Energetic Static will expire if the moonstorm moves before it is finished.
  • Fixed a bug with the Celestial Champion not dying properly if it is haunted while dying.
  • The third phase of the Celestial Champion is now properly marked as flying.
  • Fixed some tuning that was preventing the Celestial Champion from using certain attacks.
  • The Oasis and Antlion now work properly again.
  • Fixed a bug that would occasionally stop the mutant birds from spawning.
  • Fixed an alignment bug with Charged Glassy Rocks.

View full update

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1

13 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • When a glassed-over Moon Dial is shattered after defeating the Celestial Champion, the dropped Moon Shards will now stack with other nearby Moon Shards.

The fact that you actually helped with an incredibly rare case for most players speaks volumes to me. And trust me, I'm very grateful for it! : P

• Like 8
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

Imagine if birds could be stuffed with steel wool or something so they last forever in a cage! (Just as decor, not alive and egg producing obviously)

We could wax giant crops to turn them from function into decor, why not with birds?

Would also help bring back the morbidity that everybody on the forums seems to want.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Wavey 4

Once again, here's a sample fight. This time I die at the last phase, but you'll get the point of the fight.

Spoiler

This fight is in a much better position than it was in the last update, I'd say.

The spin attack for phase 2 is something that can be reasonably kited now and at first glance, the kiting pattern is a bit more mixed up than before. The single slam is back & when the boss summons the spikes, it will actually damage you when putting its foot into the ground.

Phase 3 got a few more changes. For once, you can actually tell which laser attack the boss will do. Not only that, there is an after laser that follows. Idk if the attacks before raised your lunacy, but these laser attacks do now.

Not only that, it spawns a lot more of those sleep traps thing and they are actually a threat now since they can and will get in your way. It also spawns a lot more of the sleep traps too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

but what about the desserd goggle workin in the moon storm? was the point of the moon goggle not for moonstorms only? i feel like desserd goggles sould not work for moonstorm as well the moongoggle not for sand storm that way both have there uses

2 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

but what about the desserd goggle workin in the moon storm? was the point of the moon goggle not for moonstorms only? i feel like desserd goggles sould not work for moonstorm as well the moongoggle not for sand storm that way both have there uses

Pretty sure it's intentional. Goggles are goggles and a storm is a storm

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, Maxil20 said:

The fact that you actually helped with an incredibly rare case for most players speaks volumes to me. And trust me, I'm very grateful for it! : P

Stop lying. I bet one of the devs is your dad, huh? Well, Joe is my uncle. Right, @JoeW

• Haha 4
  • Wavey 1

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

They are intended to be useable. The Atroggles do have a slight advantage over the dessert goggles for their purpose, but the dessert goggles will still let you see.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jason said:

They are intended to be useable. The Atroggles do have a slight advantage over the dessert goggles for their purpose, but the dessert goggles will still let you see.

it seems like i failed to see it then what the advantage is but at least now we know its not a bug

13 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

It is intentional as the devs said, it's good that desert goggles have an additional use now. There is a sizeable part of the playerbase that never engages with summer and oasis content so that's a nice niche Astrogoggles fill in my opinion, while also rewarding those who engage with the content with a readymade durable goggles.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Atroggles do have a slight advantage over the dessert goggles for their purpose,

I wonder what that means though, I haben't figured out in what way astrogoggles outperform desert goggles, is it a sight range issue?

• Like 2