Moon Portal ?

I drop this out of nowhere but, hey, wouldn't this be some sort of portal to a new world, and more precisely, to the moon ?

silhouette_5guys_reveal.png.e2b904d2e14997dd2007cad1714e7a92.png

The Celestial Orb (which I believe is not a random decision, the moon is a sphere too) is inside of it, over a pad that quite seems to be pushing some energy toward the orb, which is itself surrounded by an aura, so maybe to suggest there's an atmosphere around and not just empty space.

I don't immediately see other things you could do with a pad but step on it and see what happen.
I would not be surprised if we also have to carry the mysterious energy at the center to activate it btw.

So are we getting a new world ? That sound like a possibility to me but feel free to comment on your other speculations about that... thing.

33 minutes ago, ADM said:

I have been predicting for some time now that we could possibly go to the moon. Strap in boys!

21 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Sure, but can you rely on the answers, today being April 1st and all? ;-)

No... Don't play with my heart like that...

5aca0f14fce0a0b8b1133b4f89ad8b51.jpg.e47f2e3b1279c04ba3ec74f346fd7882.jpg

19 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

winonas buildings also use a grey and golden pallete, I think its just the colors that rpresent machinery

Winona's Spotlight95?cb=20190503000640                                                 TelipadThumper

silhouette_5guys_reveal.png.e2b904d2e14997dd2007cad1714e7a92.png

Not really,  Wagstaff's buildings have the bolted metal texture and so does the new building.  Winona uses wood and tape.  As well as that, the color palates don't match with her buildings.  Winona has a brown and light grey texture while Wagstaff has the orange brown and Bluish grey texture (same as the new building)  There isn't a single similarity with Winona's buildings while Wagstaff's telepad looks almost exactly like the base of the new building.

I’m going to roll all over the floor laughing if this just ends up being a Nerf for the Celestial Portal/Character Swapping.

I would LOVE for it to be the doorway into DSTs non-existent Adventures Mode but, it seems more likely it’ll be their new more complicated way to character swap.

Just like they made farming more complicated & fishing, and hopefully someday combat!

4 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Not really,  Wagstaff's buildings have the bolted metal texture and so does the new building.  Winona uses wood and tape.  As well as that, the color palates don't match with her buildings.  Winona has a brown and light grey texture while Wagstaff has the orange brown and Bluish grey texture (same as the new building)  There isn't a single similarity with Winona's buildings while Wagstaff's telepad looks almost exactly like the base of the new building.

you could be right, but I still dont think Wagstaff will be a playable character, maybe an ally to Charlie

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think it is to gather moon juice to make moon magic. A sticky white fluid like we have the black one from the shadows to make ancient magic

Thing is, the Celestial Altars are directly pumping the fuel from the moon ground to put it into objects (moon shard), unlike Nightmare fuel as the ruin altars aren't plug to anything apparently and so players have to insert the fuel manually within the objects (thulecite, gems) to get it to work. So gathering the moon juice would not do a lot of changes. Well, that's how I picture it at least.

The orb is called a seed in the code.
One of the parts used to build the trio of fissures is also a giant moonrock orb, which is also called a seed.
I theorize it might be something to "hatch/grow" the seed, maybe, almost like an incubator. 

2 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

As much as I would like you to have Wagstaff, and I really do, it wouldn't make sense to be teasing new content with a character specific craft. This structure is most likely the mysterious energy taken form, which is built with the celestial altars.  

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think it is to gather moon juice to make moon magic. A sticky white fluid like we have the black one from the shadows to make ancient magic

Oh my god please! This... This is all I want. The moon caller staff is such an nice item I really want to see what moon magic does to the other gems.

Iridescent amulet when?

i don't want to get my expectations that it'd be a new mini world on the moon or something like minecraft's nether but moonified because i'll probably get disappointed when it just ends up spawning a boss or something like fuelweaver's portal

its a machine to take the moon and push it somewhere else its that easy how would you control the moon if its in the sky? so this machine will shrink it and put into that machine to control it in some way not sure whats so good there i mean there just some lizards and bushes mostly to even controll of but there has to be something

18 minutes ago, Aheguro said:

Maybe not to the moon, but the depths of the ocean

I was thinking that the plugged sinkholes on Crabby Hermit's island would lead to an underwater cavern system, and we would be able to explore it! :) Maybe find whatever's pulsing those pockets of air into the shell bells on the island, like a lava monster bubbling hot air out onto the island. It might even be connected to the existing caves world. :D 

Archived