[Spaced Out! Update] - 457903

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

It's not unobstructed transmit. It is limited to one line input per element and one output. Yes, it seems a lot at the beginning but then you have to choose which goes where or you would need to filter everything (or just the way a play anyways...). 

And I certainly don't find it dumb :roll:

Maybe another future cluster will have a different mix of biomes that has oil for the first asteroid and water in the second

The reason I find it dumb is because I generally find things like that where something does some amazing world changing thing for no reason other then it simply can, annoying. Like how much energy would it take to transmit up to 1kg of gas matter, 10kg of liquid matter, and 20kg of solid matter per second, all at the same time over a vast distance of space (through what appears to be a localized worm hole that would also have to be contained)? It just does it because it can. The printer pod is somewhat similar and before we at least had the limit of we couldn't really interact with it and we only had one. Now we can have one on every single asteroid that we can somehow construct now.

As an easy starter world option I would like to have all the base game Terra geysers at mixed temperature levels, basic metal volcanos, regolith, exosuit ingredients + 1oil well and uranium in a first DLC map, with all the base game world generation options for Terra.

Teleporter, rockets and launcher cannon as cargo transport choices, then it would be fine for me.

Edited by babba

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

You might notice the plant mutations we mentioned still aren't in testing. As we're getting close to the next update and mutations are a relatively heavy feature, we wanted to give them some more time so they won't make an appearance just yet and will instead go to testing for the following update.

I am very, very interested in getting my paws on plant mutations, but I'm glad you guys are taking your time to do it right.

Edited by goboking
  • Big Ups 2

I think it`s fine to have one planetoid connected via the teleporters. It`s like a tutorial on how to manage multiple worlds. If something goes bad you an still salvage it using the teleporter. Meanwhile you set up all the other things like it`s a separate base. But i`m not against telporters being disabled or damaged in harder modes. Maybe harder starting planetoids could have it partially disabled or have it just one way along with stuff like magma channels etc.

Anyway we got many more planetoids to to build bases on. Now it`s easier to set up transport routes. I wonder how many resource launchers you can support off of a single reactor.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added Orbital Research Center sounds. Seriously, give them a listen.

omg..:o 

It's worth playing on 1x speed just to watch that animation continuously :-D (though 3x doesn't do it justice :? )

Edit: And just as I was watching Gossman finishing orbital research points juggling all over the place, the moment the rocket landed Ari felt the need they should review the orbital station. Sorry Klei... 

Spoiler

610623042_orbitalreview.JPG.e9928c97a176e19d160cf3a8981c613b.JPG

358455770_orbitalreviewbad.JPG.c7b251c44f5f685773de2d233602934a.JPG

1303801266_orbitalreviewbad2.JPG.2e2c3917dad06d68533b13cef2b5cc0a.JPG

lol That was hilarious :lol:

Edited by sakura_sk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I think it`s fine to have one planetoid connected via the teleporters. It`s like a tutorial on how to manage multiple worlds. If something goes bad you an still salvage it using the teleporter. Meanwhile you set up all the other things like it`s a separate base. But i`m not against telporters being disabled or damaged in harder modes. Maybe harder starting planetoids could have it partially disabled or have it just one way along with stuff like magma channels etc.

Anyway we got many more planetoids to to build bases on. Now it`s easier to set up transport routes. I wonder how many resource launchers you can support off of a single reactor.

I mean if they at least had either an energy cost or even rad bolts it would be at least reasonable.

1 hour ago, crbd115 said:

I mean if they at least had either an energy cost or even rad bolts it would be at least reasonable.

I would like that... If the dlc-game gets the base-game Terra resources and regolith in a 1st (big) map. Until then, its 2 separate games for me.

IMHO the DLC limited given resources is like starting a WW2 strategy game as Luxembourg, whereas the base-game Terra is like starting as USA, Japan, Soviet or Germany.

image.png.2c28910f2ebed5ac4363a87b68339acd.png 8 Dupes in dlc works = Luxembourg. Too little resources !

image.png.b4f343c8bc0b316f702c38b741072485.png = ONi "The old Base Game"

image.png.0125148dba63af53a35520f3ea5b7061.png Anime Education

image.png.278c6c1abbdf4eb33ff80cdf6c6fab85.png Need endgame challenges in ONi :rolleyes:

Edited by babba

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I fully agree with this opinion.
Since both Terra and Swamp cluster are "Ideal", they should be as easy as Terra in the base game.
Remember that not all players are as proficient as you.

If you cannot wait for upcoming harder clusters, this button is for you!

fig.png.99dbf71998963b1d924d94dd17d9db2f.png

• Like 2

Back to the new features, the interplanetary launcher has to automation port, and since it has no power, it just launches whenever it has 200+ kilos regardless.

Seems like an work in progress, hope it gets some sort of automation before the big show.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pether said:

think of 2nd asteroid as an extension of 1st one, not separate colony

In some ways  it is. I currently supply food, water and oxygen to the 2nd one from the 1st one and take pwater back for processing, all automatized.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, babba said:

endgame challenges

Original game spoilers

As far as I have been following, the temporal tear has yet to make an appearance in the DLC. I think it would be nice to use that same element.

Of course it would not be as simple as piloting a rocket to the tear. Transporting dupes and materials across the cosmos is one of the basic parts of the DLC.

To the point, I suggest a building (could even bring back the old telescope artwork) that requires special material (niobium, thermium and/or visco gel), 40 kW to operate, perhaps radiation and/or temperature requirements. This transmitter would have to be installed on every planet and activated simultaneously.

They would focus their energies stabilizing the temporal tear and preventing more asteroids and planets from falling into it and emerging in our space. Or even preventing the neutronium reactor disaster that occurred at Gravitas.

Fanfic or potential new lore?:

Spoiler

Many of the indications on the monitors flashed red as Jacquelyn slammed her fists onto her desk. The conversation she had with Olivia a few days ago still weighed heavily on her mind. How could she have suggested shutting down the reactor after they had achieved the impossible. The numbers still shown the futility of the reactor, but these new readings provided another mystery. She sighed and leaned back in her chair. Her eyes settled on the photo of her and Olivia’s graduation. “What would have happened if we received a response back then? How would it have been different? I guess since we were on the right track there was no need warn ourselves ...,” her thought stopped short. And then it dawned on her, what if the readings were not simply feedback and were a message. She hurriedly entered a new program. It crunched the numbers and displayed a new repeating output: “Flip the hourglass.” Jacquelyn jumped to her feet and called down to the reactor room. “This is Director Stern. Based on my recent analysis, shut down the reactor until further notice.” Hanging up and settling back into her chair, she thought, “I should thank that Olivia, though who is to say when or where she is. Perhaps I can at least start with apologizing to the Olivia here”

Edited by yoakenashi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

As far as I have been following, the temporal tear has yet to make an appearance in the DLC.

It's not been officially introduced, but since the alpha back in December there were two buildings related to the temporal tear introduced with the DLC IIRC.   I think both are still spawnable via dev tools.

image.thumb.png.94303bbf631ecf9bf13a7100879f7648.png

I'm trying to completely empty out this payload launcher, but changing the minimum launch mass doesn't seem to be working...
EDIT: It worked after a reload. Seems like a bug.

2 hours ago, chemie said:

250kg payload?  LOL!  Still better to take infinite in the nose cone

It's actually a 200kg payload for 250 radbolts. I personally wish it was a bit cheaper on the radbolts.

Edited by Electroely

3 hours ago, chemie said:

250kg payload?  LOL!  Still better to take infinite in the nose cone

The point is that the launcher can be fully automatized, while rocket transport cannot as far as I am aware. Also, the launcher does not need a dupe riding along.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, crbd115 said:

The dupe teleporters already have a cost by having a long recharge time. To transport many dupes it`s still better to use a rocket. Maybe the resource teleporter could have a similar weakness or only allow 50% mass via the pipes, like a valve to balance it.

29 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

The dupe teleporters already have a cost by having a long recharge time. To transport many dupes it`s still better to use a rocket. Maybe the resource teleporter could have a similar weakness or only allow 50% mass via the pipes, like a valve to balance it.

It's not a cost if it's literally costing you nothing. Just because there is a limit on its usage, having it somehow magically recharge for free is part of my issue with it. Look at the AETN, it at least consumes hydrogen for some fairly effecient cooling. Yes the capacity is lower then you can achieve with a thermo aquatuner + steam generator, but that is the exactly the point. Your given a great early game cooling technology for free but the cost is that you have to fuel it with hydrogen.
Edit: Like at least with the interplanetary launcher now existing, my only point was that I feel like its fair if they just phased out the resource teleporter, if they want to keep the teleport pad to introduce second colonies without space as a tutorial based feature sure, but being able to just send that second colony food, water, and oxygen with 0 cost is the main thing I dislike.

Edited by crbd115

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

The point is that the launcher can be fully automatized, while rocket transport cannot as far as I am aware. Also, the launcher does not need a dupe riding along.

Still, 80 trips to be the same as a single compactor in a nose cone.  Just silly low capacity.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Not fully automatized given, it will send the ressource box in a random zone of the cluster surface you target. It will be greater if we can directly send it to the unboxer. Now, you need arms which cover all your surface and rails, that's a lot of infrastructure for a 250 Kg box.

Edited by SamLogan

I still need to catch up with you launcher guys :-P

Ive got my first suit for the new Titan Missile Complex installation, the suit recharge sound is 80s Cold-War-awesome !

I`m building a steam room with lead suits...

image.png.4a0125c91a00b1b105f28a759baa6f61.png Chrrrrr chrrrrrrr chrroooooo chrrrrrrrrr image.thumb.png.a807c68247781198e9848bae7896fd0f.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Not fully automatized given, it will send the ressource box in a random zone of the cluster surface you target. It will be greater if we can directly send it to the unboxer. Now, you need arms which cover all your surface and rails, that's a lot of infrastructure for a 250 Kg box.

Not to mention needing to supply radbolts when there's no way for it to automatically request radbolts from a collector, or the payload opener requiring dupe labor to use. Also, it's a 200kg payload, not 250kg.

I've been looking forward to the addition of this machine but right now it's kind of inconvenient to use. So far I've been shooting resources at a planet I plan on colonizing in the future, so the dupes that land there have a good starting supply of water and oxygen. Though it drained a lot of my built up supply of radbolts...

• GL Happy 1

23 hours ago, crbd115 said:

So in order for you to get oil and plastic you typically need suits which unless you start on the sandstone asteroid where you get reed fiber you have to use space anyway to get to oil.

I'm just going to highlight this because it stalled my last base. It feels like a design oversight not having access to reed fiber on either of the two most accessible planets.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CheeseGromit said:

I'm just going to highlight this because it stalled my last base. It feels like a design oversight not having access to reed fiber on either of the two most accessible planets.

well, it's pretty easy to just fly a rocket to the third planet and get acess to drecko ranching, so i wouldn't call it an oversight, but more like another step that needs to be overcomed.

One of the things i liked about the multi-asteroid thing is that it makes some stuff not easily acessible, and forces us to adapt. It gives the same vibes that the game gave when i first played it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CheeseGromit said:

Now that atmosuit durability is a thing, perhaps it's time to reintroduce reed fiber to the early game.

• Like 1