[Spaced Out! Update] - 457903

• Developer

Hey all,

Today's update adds the Interplanetary Launcher to the game! This building provides a constant-throughput method of transferring resources between your planets. Give it a try!

There's also a number of other bug fixes, thanks so much for your bug reports.

You might notice the plant mutations we mentioned still aren't in testing. As we're getting close to the next update and mutations are a relatively heavy feature, we wanted to give them some more time so they won't make an appearance just yet and will instead go to testing for the following update.

Changes

• Added Interplanetary Launcher to send resources between asteroids
  • Rearranged the tech tree to move Conveyor Rails earlier.
  • Added Orbital Research Center sounds. Seriously, give them a listen.
  • Duplicants faces are more reliably changed when they are sick, sunburnt, etc.
  • Refined descriptions of Magma biome and some buildings
  • Bristleberries now require a minimum of 200 lux (which should leave all existing lighting scenarios unchanged
  • Updated Simplified Chinese translation

Fixes

• Fix more cases of radiation-face in the UI.
  • Duplicants no longer have an extra hat when sleeping
  • Fix crash when a Duplicant is destroyed
  • Crops that produce non-food harvests no longer list kcal in their tooltips.
  • Gas Grass now lists its light requirements in the planter box screen.
  • Duplicants carying an Interplanetary Payload no longer pick up the dirt with it
  • Interplanetary Payloads now appear in front of buildings.

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1

It took my 50 hours to build a second rocket platform in this fresh save and I was about to launch my first DLC rocket to start mini-mass-transporting cargo from Tele2 to Tele1 !

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhh

38 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Changes

• Added Interplanetary Launcher to send resources between asteroids

image.png.b78e276440df98ffa2a8bcaaae40feba.pngimage.png.8ba082b0f04090ff1ef4cd25e7b5d8cd.pngimage.png.eaa9273968cdf721467a5557ef4ae9c7.png

Will test it...Please fix the rocket ports, which lots of people have claimed don`t work properly... @Ipsquiggle

Edited by babba

9 minutes ago, babba said:

It took my 50 hours to build a second rocket platform in this fresh save and I was about to launch my first DLC rocket to start mini-mass-transporting cargo from Tele2 to Tele1 !

OxygenNotIncluded_3erd6MtYdb.png.b102c36e980e08c006e716567004da31.png

for specifically the two asteroids with teleporters, there are also these which can transport mass between the two asteroids without rockets 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Rejoice :love_heart: It's awesome! :love-struck:

Hide contents

launcher.JPG.ed3154fa1ba1e52eab4a4cadb182325a.JPG

The question now is... How safe are the landed missiles? :rolleyes: Maybe a new hazard..? :lol: 

image.pngimage.png.97a53b467873ea8f0060a2b35ac02bc6.pngimage.png.5ac2817f0ba859bf7d0ccb776db91bbc.png Impact on planet

15 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

OxygenNotIncluded_3erd6MtYdb.png.b102c36e980e08c006e716567004da31.png

for specifically the two asteroids with teleporters, there are also these which can transport mass between the two asteroids without rockets 

Can only handle a limited amount of fluid/resources going through, its a resource transport blocker for me my dear friend.

Gassy Moo Steaks for everyone ! :beguiled:

Working rocket ports and 100% possible player rocket route flight automatization would be welcome dear Papa Klei Smurf.

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

So does this interplanetary launcher not consume any power or fuel to use? Just looked at it in debug and didn't see anything

the launcher needs radbolt. 250 per launch for 250kg payload. 

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

Just now, BlackGoat said:

Sorry if this is obviously stated somewhere and I am missing it, but is this update for the opt-in beta branch or on live build with the DLC activated?

This update is for the opt-in beta branch. I believe the timer on the main menu of the game tells you when updates to the live branch are coming.

• Big Ups 1

Just now, Electroely said:

This update is for the opt-in beta branch. I believe the timer on the main menu of the game tells you when updates to the live branch are coming.

Thanks, I'd been away from following development for awhile and had forgotten the manner of differentiation, so this is helpful to know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I hope this means the interplanetary launcher will phase out the inter colony teleporters that I assume existed mostly for testing.

The 2nd planet with the teleporter seems like a freebie and probably designed to be that way since oil is needed.     I don't think that is phased out from the game.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

... Why? They have completely different uses.

Because being able to just colonize a second asteroid for free, then transmit gases, liquids, and solids continuously at will to and from this second asteroid for free is kind of dumb. It's a giant short cut that's just handed to the player and my hope was this was just to speed testing along and also to test a feature that would be more suited to a ultra late game technology. 

28 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I hope this means the interplanetary launcher will phase out the inter colony teleporters that I assume existed mostly for testing.

The teleporters have been one of my favorite parts of the DLC so far. It made a multi-planet colony accessible for me when I was starting out, and I probably wouldn't have racked up so many hours since getting the DLC without it. I also don't think they take away from the game as it currently is - the first planet and the oil planet sort of complete each other, in my opinion. The first planet has no geysers other than the steam vents and minor volcanoes, and the second planet offers geysers very useful to survival (like liquid sulfur for Grubfruits) but otherwise does not have geysers that would sustain a population of duplicants.

I also think they should stay since the game is starting to be balanced around them - you need to get oil and plastic to do orbital research, and having to fly a rocket there would be really difficult for newer players since the rocket would take a while to get there and would not be able to do a round trip (you need at least a small petrol engine for that). I wouldn't mind an option to have worlds start without them for the extra challenge, though.

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

The teleporters have been one of my favorite parts of the DLC so far. It made a multi-planet colony accessible for me when I was starting out, and I probably wouldn't have racked up so many hours since getting the DLC without it. I also don't think they take away from the game as it currently is - the first planet and the oil planet sort of complete each other, in my opinion. The first planet has no geysers other than the steam vents and minor volcanoes, and the second planet offers geysers very useful to survival (like liquid sulfur for Grubfruits) but otherwise does not have geysers that would sustain a population of duplicants.

I also think they should stay since the game is starting to be balanced around them - you need to get oil and plastic to do orbital research, and having to fly a rocket there would be really difficult for newer players since the rocket would take a while to get there and would not be able to do a round trip (you need at least a small petrol engine for that). I wouldn't mind an option to have worlds start without them for the extra challenge, though.

So in order for you to get oil and plastic you typically need suits which unless you start on the sandstone asteroid where you get reed fiber you have to use space anyway to get to oil. Tbh the inconsistency of having one asteroid where you can start with the resources to get suits also slightly bothers me. My problem with them mostly is from a game design perspective. If the player actually needs resources from the oil biome before getting to space then why not have the oil biome on the first asteroid rather then having a problem they create and then give the player a solution that is just there. 

18 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Because being able to just colonize a second asteroid for free, then transmit gases, liquids, and solids continuously at will to and from this second asteroid for free is kind of dumb.

It's not unobstructed transmit. It is limited to one line input per element and one output. Yes, it seems a lot at the beginning but then you have to choose which goes where or you would need to filter everything (or just the way a play anyways...). 

And I certainly don't find it dumb :roll:

Maybe another future cluster will have a different mix of biomes that has oil for the first asteroid and water in the second

• Like 3