Clean Sweep Skin Potential!

I'm loving the creativity for the skins for the tam, wormholes, piggyback & krampus sack! I still think we could get even crazier, such as skins for mobs. Yes, that's right, MOBS. Woby, Pigmen (victorian pigmen?) Merms, Bunnymen, Glommer etc!!! I think this would be an amazing idea to spice up and theme our bases. Let's be real, default Woby doesn't match with some of Walters skins and the default pigs don't match some of the base-themed skin sets! It would be amazing to have a pack of different mob skins so we can make our bases all the more special. (Dapper pig, dapper bunny, shopkeep pig, royal servant pig etc.)

I just want a damn siesta lean-to skin already.  The tent has several.  Isn't it about time we were able to nap away the summer in style, too?

As for skins for mobs, I dunno about that..in some cases (hounds) it could cause a lot of confusion and/or chaos (fire hounds).  But there is a mod ("Animal Variety") to make other mobs come in different shades/tones, such as pigs, merms, rabbits, frogs and catcoons.  That's about as far as I'd wanna go that direction, myself.  It gives variety but you can still tell at a glance what a mob IS.

...Notorious

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

slippery slope and you're basically sprinting into it

I believe with Wormholes we're already "there". And is ok. More skins, the better. They're optional, purely cosmetic. If not fancying them, don't use. If people use them on servers you play, tell them otherwise and try to reach some compromise. If not possible, find another server a.s.o.

I for one at this moment just wish we had 1-2 more skins for Krampus Sack, Tam o', and skin alternatives for objects not yet skinned yet pretty used/useful like: Insulated Pack, Hibearnation Vest, Rain Coat, Moggles, Bush Hat, Scaled Chest, Wood Wall, Houndius Shootius, Sign, Shelmet, Snurtle Shell Armor.

If there were future skins for mobs we as players interact pretty frequently, like Glommer, Chester, Hutch, Pig King, Merm King, Grandma Perl, even Pig, Merm, Bunnyman and Koalefant I would be glad to buy and use them.

I'm very glad Wormhole skins is a thing now cause it "proves" the dev team desire to add skins for world structure, and that's a good start. When the extra Victorian Belongings arrived recently and seen the promo image with all the icons on it, I was like :

tree(1).png.db3c1bcb8e3d813d024b8146a0fb2936.png "Yo, Moon Stone skin !!"

I mean, yeah okay... probably more than the half of players immediately noticed it was for the Eyebralla and are probably glad but I really like the use of the Moon Stone as the heart of my base most of the time, I though the lil dot was a hole so it really looked fitting for the Moon Stone, just a silly illusion for Moon Base enjoyers. :concern:

So uhm, yeah, Clean Sweeper accessible belongings is really something I look forward for. Especially if that can be fitting with other existing skins to build around it more than something a little to much unique that doesn't match other designs. Like I would really like to build bases with the roseate theme but it's character skins and some items like the rose spear, what about roseate fences and such things... anyway I'm getting out of topic. Skins are gud.

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I just want a damn siesta lean-to skin already.  The tent has several.  Isn't it about time we were able to nap away the summer in style, too?

As for skins for mobs, I dunno about that..in some cases (hounds) it could cause a lot of confusion and/or chaos (fire hounds).  But there is a mod ("Animal Variety") to make other mobs come in different shades/tones, such as pigs, merms, rabbits, frogs and catcoons.  That's about as far as I'd wanna go that direction, myself.  It gives variety but you can still tell at a glance what a mob IS.

...Notorious

Console doesn't have mods and hostile mobs would ideally not be included :lol:

6 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I believe with Wormholes we're already "there". And is ok. More skins, the better. They're optional, purely cosmetic. If not fancying them, don't use. If people use them on servers you play, tell them otherwise and try to reach some compromise. If not possible, find another server a.s.o.

I for one at this moment just wish we had 1-2 more skins for Krampus Sack, Tam o', and skin alternatives for objects not yet skinned yet pretty used/useful like: Insulated Pack, Hibearnation Vest, Rain Coat, Moggles, Bush Hat, Scaled Chest, Wood Wall, Houndius Shootius, Sign, Shelmet, Snurtle Shell Armor.

If there were future skins for mobs we as players interact pretty frequently, like Glommer, Chester, Hutch, Pig King, Merm King, Grandma Perl, even Pig, Merm, Bunnyman and Koalefant I would be glad to buy and use them.

Yes exactly, we can finally get some chester skins and they can sell more chester merch :shock: 

Personally, I just want to create a pig village with a diverse populace. Grass skirts galore doesn't mesh well with my victorian abode

7 hours ago, sosiskaKi said:

Put Top Hat on them.

It will deplete for no reason and I'd have to keep restocking, but good call. I meant more of a "monocle and mustache" pigman though

14 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yes well, wormhole skins mainly act as a way to tell them apart for strategic purposes, like that popular workshop mod. It can be excused.

turning mobs for the sake of it serves no practical purpose other than create a precedent where everything will have numerous skins and we don't get gameplay content anymore (this is already happening to an extent)

51 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Yes well, wormhole skins mainly act as a way to tell them apart for strategic purposes, like that popular workshop mod. It can be excused.

turning mobs for the sake of it serves no practical purpose other than create a precedent where everything will have numerous skins and we don't get gameplay content anymore (this is already happening to an extent)

We get 1 free update per month (even with the covid problematic) for a old game that already have content for hundred of hours (a lot of players in the forum has +500h and others even X000 hours), to pay a salary for that devs that make the updates you need money. Money that doesnt come from a 5€ videogame so they need to release skins. Also the gifted skins works well to give something new to people that already experience the updates in the beta branch. I wasnt hyped for the last update because i already played it but i was glad to see i receive wormholes skins so i was motivated to launch the game to change my wormholes skins

Im tired of people complaining about skins like if we didnt receive content. We recieve free content and skins or if the artistic department has something to do with the coding or creative department

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

...for the sake of it serves no practical purpose...

Neither almost all other object skins we got till now, aside aesthetically being pleasant (debatable, as subjectivity plays a major role into fancying or not respective skin variants; plus objective quality assessment - for example Magmatic collection is pretty sub-par in drawing and shadening department, as most people tend to agree with this rating).

And I don't believe skin variants subtract too much from regular game content - I reckon most work in general is done on the programming side and not the sprite lane (there's also the possibility artists responsible for making skins are a separate team from the ones drawing default in-game objects/mobs).

I would love to see Gorge skins for Merms to turn them back into like Sammy, Pipton and the Goat people like Mumsy! And I want Charlie themed skins like the throne getting a charlie skin, stone statue with the birds on top, some rose bush skin for the grass wall and a Lucy skin! 

Just now, Pinkamena11FazP said:

a Lucy skin

Since Woodie can just craft a new axe and have it turn into Lucy, I think it'd be cool if all the axe skins carried over, depending on which one you used to make the axe

On 3/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, Gourmand said:

I'm loving the creativity for the skins for the tam, wormholes, piggyback & krampus sack! I still think we could get even crazier, such as skins for mobs. Yes, that's right, MOBS. Woby, Pigmen (victorian pigmen?) Merms, Bunnymen, Glommer etc!!! I think this would be an amazing idea to spice up and theme our bases. Let's be real, default Woby doesn't match with some of Walters skins and the default pigs don't match some of the base-themed skin sets! It would be amazing to have a pack of different mob skins so we can make our bases all the more special. (Dapper pig, dapper bunny, shopkeep pig, royal servant pig etc.)

I dont think thats a good idea and I hope that doesnt get added tbh

1 hour ago, TemporarySolutn said:

I dont think thats a good idea and I hope that doesnt get added tbh

Okay boomer

11 hours ago, Well-met said:

Yeah because weaving an ice box skin serves practical purposes

23 hours ago, Well-met said:

...everything will have numerous skins and we don't get gameplay content anymore (this is already happening to an extent)

It's not like the devs like skins and don't like content, it's rather that they need to be able to monetise whatever they churn out. Designer and developer time is not free. And they have stated many times that it's hard for them to monetise content without fragmenting the community. The whole RoT update chain has seen massive content additions completely for free, because if they had tried to sell it, they would have created effectively two different games, and people who have not paid for it would not have been able to play with those who have. Additional characters can be monetised in that way, but how many characters do you actually want?

I'm afraid the rest of your argument against more skins has nothing to do with reality (almost all skins are purely aesthetic and serve no functional purpose, wormholes are a massive exception; and people love those pointless skins, otherwise Klei would have stopped being able to maintain and develop this game a long time ago).

Archived