[Game Update] - 451611

• Developer

Hi friends!

We've been cranking away on some new worldgen and have things in a place where we can put it in the game for you to see. Note: these worlds are still subject to a bit more tweaking, so if you are worried about restarting your game, now would not be a good time to start fresh. But if you want to check out what we've got so far, generate a new cluster and look for these work-in-progress planets!

Additionally, we're working on making it easier to scout further out into the blackness of space, it just wasn't quite ready for today's release. Stay tuned!

Features

• Worldgen: Added new “Moo Moonlet” to Terra and Swamp Clusters
  • Worldgen: Added new “Water Moonlet” to Terra and Swamp Clusters
  • Add a new "Sap Tree" point of interest. It will appear on newly generated Marshy Moonlets.
  • Worldgen: Moved "outer cluster" worlds further out now that more rocket engines exist
  • Added "Resin" material to the game. This is a precursor to Isoresin
  • Added “Graphite” material and recipes to the game. This is a precursor to Fullerene

Changes

• Added the rocket internal fittings and battery module to the tech tree
  • Rockets automatically request their crew/kick out passengers when the launch button is pressed, rather than requiring correct crew to press the button. This obsoletes the "Auto" crew setting and makes launching a rocket less fiddly
  • Display worldgen failure popup when guaranteed POIs are not successfully placed and return to main menu.
  • Updated Korean and Chinese translations
  • Improved organization of the rocket checklist
  • Rework to the rocket module sidescreen

Art

• Added more “ready to launch” states to modules

Fixes

• Fixed rockets in space being entombed
  • Fixed crash when pressing ESC after loading a game with an invalid ClusterLayout
  • Center moons on the asteroid select
  • Centering Done button on options screens

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 6
  • GL Happy 2

Anyone else having problems with save game files post update? No mods, none of my saves I've tried will load. I've got my saves set on every 5 cycles and I've gone back through a bunch of them trying to find one that works and no dice. I've submitted it but unless there's a workaround looks like I'm starting over.

ONI_Crash.jpg

• Sad Dupe 1

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Niil945 said:

Anyone else having problems with save game files post update? No mods, none of my saves I've tried will load. I've got my saves set on every 5 cycles and I've gone back through a bunch of them trying to find one that works and no dice. I've submitted it but unless there's a workaround looks like I'm starting over.

Looking into this crash now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ipsquiggle thanks. I hope it helps pinpoint a bug but if I have to start over no worries at all. Gives me an opportunity to try other things plus I get to see the changes that require a restart. I just submitted the most recent save with more information in the description detailing patch number and that it's immediately upon load, I think the first one I submitted with no description was 5-10 cycles before that.

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Note: these worlds are still subject to a bit more tweaking, so if you are worried about restarting your game, now would not be a good time to start fresh.

So it's obviously the perfect time for a me to start a fresh Swamp Cluster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

now would not be a good time to start fresh.

Just wanted to say thanks re: the warning.   It seemed like you since late December you guys were trying to push the mileage of worldgens between tweaking them, warnings like this are definitely useful as well.   Curious though, do you expect these changes to go live next week?  And if so, do you intended to have them at a point where they won't get changed for another month or so?

EDIT:

Also, it seems like the sap tree causes a crash when it switches to it's "Eat" state if you drop food items in front of it.

20210211230101_1.jpg

Edited by Brian.oni
  • Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Are there any plans to remove the resource teleporter? Because this moment annoys me so much that I just don't want to play this game. It's like playing cards with two decks. Yes, the game, yes, the same. Yes, the rules are the same. But it's boring and I want to puke