[Game Update] - 451611

44 minutes ago, aresd said:

Are there any plans to remove the resource teleporter? Because this moment annoys me so much that I just don't want to play this game. It's like playing cards with two decks. Yes, the game, yes, the same. Yes, the rules are the same. But it's boring and I want to puke

It seems not, as those seem to be the necessary buildings for worldgen to be successful. 

There may be some option to circumvent them being generated by using a custom world gen, but this remains to be seen. ( it may be as simple as having a single tile template to replace their worldgen yaml information but it seems like they may be checking for the existance of the buildings and not just the inclusion of them in the word configuration files ) - so look forwards to it being a mod or an option for worldgen.

Having these teleporters as buildable technology would definitely be more useful with middle or high technology research - meaning we could build and destroy them.

Or you could choose not ( to build or ) use them to begin with.

Hopefully they have fixed the animation on them as the bar was constantly pounding away despite there not being any resources passing through them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

It seems not, as those seem to be the necessary buildings for worldgen to be successful. 

There may be some option to circumvent them being generated by using a custom world gen, but this remains to be seen. ( it may be as simple as having a single tile template to replace their worldgen yaml information but it seems like they may be checking for the existance of the buildings and not just the inclusion of them in the word configuration files ) - so look forwards to it being a mod or an option for worldgen.

Having these teleporters as buildable technology would definitely be more useful with middle or high technology research - meaning we could build and destroy them.

Or you could choose not ( to build or ) use them to begin with.

Hopefully they have fixed the animation on them as the bar was constantly pounding away despite there not being any resources passing through them.

I just want a classic version of the world + as useful space as it is now. It will be great.

12 minutes ago, aresd said:

I just want a classic version of the world + as useful space as it is now. It will be great.

I think that's the progression they are going for - create these unique starts and eventually create fully fledged planet starts thematically resembling the various moons or moonlets as habitable large bases. That is to say - large original planetoids, themed, and destinations in space.

If they don't do it outright, then I'll definitely be modding worldgen like this for owners of the dlc - I'll be looking at what is and isn't proper to make available when it comes to the base game.

These reliquary buildings were an option to turn off in some of my ( no longer available or valid mods ).

One of the tweaks I'm already looking at is changing the temperature of cold biomes so that they aren't melting as soon as you jump into the world - this just doesn't make sense to me.

Other than this, I'm waiting for them to make their own statements on progression goals and sub worlds clear through whatever designs they choose to release. 

This would all respect the dlc non dlc release content though.

Edited by The Plum Gate
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

3 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I think that's the progression they are going for - create these unique starts and eventually create fully fledged planet starts thematically resembling the various moons or moonlets as habitable large bases.

I also hope that this is just a crutch, and not the basic mechanics of the game. Because otherwise I will be completely disappointed in the game developers.

1 minute ago, The Plum Gate said:

Teleporters?

Don't use them then.

This is an important element of the game to get energy resources. There is no gas or oil on any launching asteroid. The developers are forcing us to use the resource teleporter

Just now, aresd said:

This is an important element of the game to get energy resources. There is no gas or oil on any launching asteroid. The developers are forcing us to use the resource teleporter

Yes. I know. They also have interplanetary cannon entry for long distance blasting of resources from planet to planet. Would you be against this as well? A sidereal transport cannon network?

Just now, minespatch said:

What about the people who like them?

I like them. After being against the whole idea for a while. I finally teleported over and split my attention and started using them.

I simply learned to plan out long builds or excessive chores while I looked at the other base.

This initial mechanism is supposed to prime players for the rocketry experience, at least that's what I have taken from it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Yes. I know. They also have interplanetary cannon entry for long distance blasting of resources from planet to planet. Would you be against this as well? A sidereal transport cannon network?

I want space to be the same as it was. I spend a huge amount of resources to obtain something rare. But my colony depends on this only in the late game. I do not need any teleports that do not require any expenditure of energy resources. This is cheating.

Multi-management is dull. I don't want to play this. I studied this as much as possible, tried to understand the developers' idea for many hours, but returned to the fact that I do not support this nonsense. Dead-end branch of the game development. 

Just now, aresd said:

I want space to be the same as it was. I spend a huge amount of resources to obtain something rare. But my colony depends on this only in the late game. I do not need any teleports that do not require any expenditure of energy resources. This is cheating.

I too. Was a bit put off by how early in the game it was needed, but it seems you're overlooking the smaller rockets in this. It's entirely feasible to eliminate the teleporters since this oil planet has everything needed to be sustainable for a while and its always been within range of the smallest rocket engines.

I think what they want is more actual rocketry going on anyway. So this theory of it being a crutch is sound and it seems reasonable to assume they might make teleporters a world gen game option like they have made suit durability.

The swap then is to add a single oil well poi in the granite biome in place of one of those minor volcanoes.

4 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I too. Was a bit put off by how early in the game it was needed, but it seems you're overlooking the smaller rockets in this. It's entirely feasible to eliminate the teleporters since this oil planet has everything needed to be sustainable for a while and its always been within range of the smallest rocket engines.

I think what they want is more actual rocketry going on anyway. So this theory of it being a crutch is sound and it seems reasonable to assume they might make teleporters a world gen game option like they have made suit durability.

The swap then is to add a single oil well poi in the granite biome in place of one of those minor volcanoes.

They declared that they could not decide how to allocate resources. I hope that teleporting is just a cause of "uncertainty" and not a basic mechanic of the game. I am ready to extract resources from other planets, just give me energy resources to do this. You can even leave resource teleports for beginners, but make them destructible. Then everyone will be happy.

5 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

That kind of language suggests that it is in fact a crutch currently.

I see exploring for a teleporter to be a mystery box effect. It makes me explore the place and see what other planet it will pop me into. A science kinder egg.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

I`m a fan of games providing options and to satisfy all. If the use of teleporters or playing inside rockets is optional, without forcing the player to do so = Good.

This does not necessary mean that these things are bad features or not welcome.

So one solution could be to have the ingame world generator being able to spawn a big map with various world features the player decides to spawn within the world(s),asteroid(s),planet(s).

I would like to have teleporters in bigger maps spawned and I would also like to not be forced to play inside rockets - This is what my perfect ONi would look like. My world setup dream would be every asteroid to be in the size of the base game map.

A Klei ( player`s game speed FPS ) compromise for my wishes could be that ( optional ) only the initial starting world is the size of the old base game map. Such solution could be combined with player Aresd wish to fully deactivate (not spawn) teleporters > "Spawn world with all resources in big base map + teleporters removed".

"Distributed resources across multiple ( all ) asteroids, as world generation setting" could be another world generation setting - As experienced by players in the current DLC.

I don`t want to consider mods ( for now ), it took an entire year at the end of the current base game for Klei to fix my last experienced game crashes of the basic vanilla game.

The final base game just before DLC test launch was the greatest time I had with the game, since then I`m not playing it anymore. This does not mean that I find the DLC content bad - Please see all mentioned text above, Klei is still in a longer process of merging the DLC with the base game, I still see it as 2 separate games. I only expected radiation/reactor integration + perhaps new rocketry. What I am becoming is a rework of the base game. Again...his does not mean I find content bad looking at each content piece alone, we just still dont know how Klei will be finally merging everything together.

I just want to play ONi again, a fused ONi which satisfies everything mentioned above with a final, future working save file system.

Current Steam rating facts:

image.png.b048f0c08c87fc3ebdedb64ad4111154.png

image.png.5617e6b362c6960b80e616cbaac7061a.png

image.png.1b6271ca65128b9bac1723368527fb34.png

image.png.3ec8900fd035020ef306decf36f2c5ca.png

These reviews have their reasons - IMHO I have listed the reasons in various posts over time. The general issue, in my view is, is Klei`s ongoing base game & DLC merge process ( I call it "Base Game rework" ) is carrying on till Summer, Autumn or Winter 2021. Klei needs to watch that they don`t receive base game review downgrades by players in the future, if they start removing/change things from the base game which players love(d).

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MiniDeathStar said:

Then simply don't... play it? It sounds like you're way happier with the base game anyway, might I suggest you go back to it instead of having a temper tantrum in the forums and insulting the developers?

Someday there maybe/probably will be no old base game anymore. Klei has mentioned that they are in the process of merging the DLC with the base game. IMHO the DLC is always the latest version of the game and will basically become the "new" base game ( with some deactivated "DLC" content in the then new base game ). For my details and feedback, please see my previous long post in this thread. A certain quantity of players see the current base game and the current DLC as 2 separate games.

I saw no temper tantrum from Aresd and no developer insult. He has stated what he wants, what he (does not) like or what he expects.

8 hours ago, aresd said:

Are there any plans to remove the resource teleporter? Because this moment annoys me so much that I just don't want to play this game. It's like playing cards with two decks. Yes, the game, yes, the same. Yes, the rules are the same. But it's boring and I want to puke

I like the phrase "2nd deck" - Coining this term is good, people can understand what is exactly ment by that.

Possible simple solution idea for Klei in the World Generation Options: 2nd deck spawn on/off ( off = 2nd deck resources will also be spawning in 1 big starter base game map + Teleporters do not spawn ).

Game design 101: "What productive can be extracted from a player rant?" > Provide a solution to the community.

Edited by babba

1 hour ago, babba said:

Someday there maybe/probably will be no old base game anymore. Klei has mentioned that they are in the process of merging the DLC with the base game. IMHO the DLC is always the latest version of the game and will basically become the "new" base game ( with some deactivate "DLC" content in the then new base game ). For my details and feedback, please see my previous long post in this thread. A certain quantity of players see the current base game and the current DLC as 2 separate games.

I saw no temper tantrum from Aresd and no developer insult. He has stated what he wants, what he (does not) like or what he expects.

Base Game and DLC merging is about making the codex same, so that you do not have to re-download the game to switch from DLC to base game. Base Game will remain as it is after the DLC release, albeit some balancing changes (possibly suit durability option), improvements (possibly the diagnostics panel) and bug fixes. 

However, there will be a base game like classic start option in the DLC with all resources in one big asteroid. Looking at datamined information also hints that systems like radiation are being developed in a way so that people who use the single world also can find a use for them. 

• Like 1

"Radiation" - The unfulfilled dream I`m waiting for since ages...looking forward to it in survival mode :cheerful:

a.) Vote for codex

b.) Vote for destructable codex furniture

c.) Vote for "I want both"

Edited by babba
  • GL Happy 1

I just want to say, in my opinion.... Klei is by far the best Studio when it comes to create Games that are unique, beautiful and highly addictive...... I learned more about physics from this beautiful Game then in 3 Years of School.....

And you can feel the Love and Effort they made to create it...... I hope that they can go on that way.... And i want to say a Big Big Thanks to all of them. 

For me this game has far more worth then the 20 Bucks !!! I think it is Art and it will be the only game i would allow my Kids to play as long as they want.

• Big Ups 1

As a guestimate I think on the final DLC release day, whenever that will be...There will then be a(nother) fresh save game start for base game and dlc players. It`s the biggest blocker holding me off from playing ONi at all, although I`m dying to play the final fusioned base/dlc game. Klei give reactor now in survival, in big dlc map ! :black_eyed: ...and I ignore all the savegame restarts :indecisiveness:

Make quick hack and add "Babba World Toys`r`us" to world gen: Big DLC map, 1000 tiles of lava rain, ice blocks + regolith coming down, all resources, all rocket parts, radiation/reactors, 22 geysers and volcanos. Savegame valid for 7 days.

3 hours ago, evilcat19xx said:

Is there any way to add the new moonlets/planetoids to our current games without a need to restart the game?

Edited by babba

10 minutes ago, babba said:

It`s the biggest blocker holding me off from playing ONi at all

That make sense. Starting a new Oni playthrough needs lots of time and a real commitment. 

6 hours ago, babba said:

Current Steam rating facts:

Btw, if you dig deeper, you can see most of the recent reviews are negative because KLEI is merged with Tencent and not because of the DLC. 
That is why I do not like the "review bombing" strategy. 

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

Thats interesting. They should give Ipsquiggle and corp friends all a new house, pool & porsche, so that I get my described "Babba World Toys`r`us" from my previous comment added in to the game now. :love-struck:

"Babba World Toys`r`us":

Make quick hack and add "Babba World Toys`r`us" to world gen: Big DLC map, 1000 tiles of lava rain, ice blocks + regolith coming down, all resources, all rocket parts, radiation/reactors, 22 geysers and volcanos. Savegame valid for 7 days.

2 hours ago, evilcat19xx said:

That make sense. Starting a new Oni playthrough needs lots of time and a real commitment. 

Btw, if you dig deeper, you can see most of the recent reviews are negative because KLEI is merged with Tencent and not because of the DLC. 

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, evilcat19xx said:

Yeah, Steam ratings are worse than useless because of nonsense like this. Happens to lots of games where idiots throw a tantrum because of completely unrelated stuff.

There are also games where DLCs get bad ratings because of unpopular changes in an accompanying free patch that everyone gets. Changes that have been undone or tweaked later, but the bad reviews stay

• Like 1