[Game Update] - 451611

3 hours ago, Pyrex042 said:

Without renewable water, I'm using PDirt in the Sublimation Station to produce PO2, then using Deodorizers to filter it to O2.  Getting 1kg/sec of O2 out means feeding 1.3kg/sec of Sand to Deodorizers.

I'm probably just going to keep crushing rocks for Sand until we get Supercoolant, and which point I'll condense the PO2 to LOX and purify it that way.

The chain is kind of yucky, and I suggest the no-sand free-water chain from the previous page instead, but if you insist on doing it with PDirt instead of PWater, there’s another way:

PDirt->POx->Puft->Slime->Distiller->Algae->Oxygen

Edited by Lupbert

@Lupbert That works, and it's sand-free, but the Algae ends up being less important than the PWater.  PDirt->Sublimator->Puft->AlgaeDistiller would need 16 Pufts and a bunch of Algae Distillers, converting ~1200kg/cycle of PDirt into 244kg of Algae and 490kg of PWater.  Boiling it and electrolyzing it gives me 435kg of O2, and the 244kg of algae provides another 219kg.  Given that power is not a problem, that's not a bad option.

But I'm probably just going to wait for supercoolant and purify the PO2 by liquifying it. :)

Edited by Pyrex042

13 minutes ago, Pyrex042 said:

But I'm probably just going to wait for supercoolant and purify the PO2 by liquifying it. :)

Fullerene for supercoolant can be made using graphite on the water planet and other materials like aluminum and sulphur(I think? Either way less important than graphite).

1 hour ago, Pyrex042 said:

Boiling it and electrolyzing it

Bluegh. If you're aiming for minimum consumption the electrolyser is one of the worst choices. 

1 hour ago, Pyrex042 said:

But I'm probably just going to wait for supercoolant and purify the PO2 by liquifying it.

Depending on your willingness to use the 10% logic, you could theoretically create the LOX with water, no? 

@Yunru I'm not quite sure what you're proposing.

PDirt->Sublimator->LOX is probably the best solution for my asteroid.

PDirt->Puft->PWater->Boil->Electrolyzer is theory-crafting a way around needing Sand until I can get Supercoolant.  It's doable, but it's an impractical amount work to go to for turning PDirt->O2.  It'd be easier to cook my surplus Dirt into Sand and stick with the Deodorizer setup I have running now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pyrex042 said:

@Yunru I'm not quite sure what you're proposing.

PDirt->Sublimator->LOX is probably the best solution for my asteroid.

PDirt->Puft->PWater->Boil->Electrolyzer is theory-crafting a way around needing Sand until I can get Supercoolant.  It's doable, but it's an impractical amount work to go to for turning PDirt->O2.  It'd be easier to cook my surplus Dirt into Sand and stick with the Deodorizer setup I have running now.

I haven't heard anyone mention the pips and oxyferms for the CO2 so, there, it's been mentioned. However it sounds like you have a dry ice making setup, so it's probably the least of your concerns. However, this would produce some O2 at least.

I'm beginning to think we're just posting here hoping a pre-patch patch drops.

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

Why not just (well, "just"):

PDirt -> PO2 -> Slime -> Algae -> O2 & PWater (looping back to PO2) 

With Algae Terrariums and whatnot? 

Well, dealing with another 490kg/cycle of PWater->PO2 would require another 10 Pufts and at least (per the wiki) and a minimum of 205 horizontal tiles (at a max of 2.4 if/tile/cycle) of surface area to offgas it.

And that's just the first cycle.  2/3's of it turns back into PWater again.

Limiting it out, ~25 extra Pufts and ~500 horizontal tiles of offgasing space.

Which...  No.  Just no.  :)

Edited by Pyrex042
  • Like 1

@Pyrex042,

Polluted water bottle arrays dropped using the tank deconstruction method. Or a really troubled plumber. You would need only 31 20t bottles and bottles greater than 20t don't generally combined. So you could stack them.. as well. This whole thing being toilsome.

A bit cheesey, I think there is a capped amount of mass that will off gass or sublimate from a given mass, so there's that to consider. That may change the math slightly, but the principle is the same. A 20t bottle is like having 20 horizontal tiles off-gasing.

I used a compact system once with just a bottle of polluted water in it and some deodorizers.

So you could significantly reduce the horizontal space required.

This of gassing reliance has some bugs, as if off gassing may or may not be continuous depending on factors I haven't figured out yet, but it did break on me a couple of times. 

When it was working I was able to get around 400g/s off a 16t bottle, but that largely had to do with only being able to remove as much from the room with the 4 deodorizers. A gas pump system would be more energy intensive but significantly more effective in collecting the maximum amount of gas from the system.

2 hours ago, Nuclearpower said:

I am going to interplanetary Launch  LOX to any Destination i want..... and if Klei is only half as awesome as i think they are ----= FULLY Automated..... ! :-) ........ Oh man i Love that game :-D

+1000

Not sure if Klei already allows fully automated rocket automation :confused: Any status dlc feedback on possible rocket automation would be welcome :p Is it already possible :confused:

Edited by babba
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, babba said:

+1000

Not sure if Klei already allows fully automated rocket automation :confused: Any status dlc feedback on possible rocket automation would be welcome :p Is it already possible :confused:

I will Use the Interplanetary launcher !!! I can imagine that they will take a Crapload of power....... hrrrrrr....... want nuclear Reactor so badly ...... give me that stuff ......

• GL Happy 1

39 minutes ago, Nuclearpower said:

I will Use the Interplanetary launcher !!! I can imagine that they will take a Crapload of power....... hrrrrrr....... want nuclear Reactor so badly ...... give me that stuff ......

How do you want to have the "Interplanetary Launcher" work or how do you expect it to work :confused:

The easy developer way would just to pipe in resources in to the canon and make the resources appear at a receiving station.

What about if the launch requires 10(0) ton metal containers, which need to be manufactured, filled with substance(s) and then are shot, by the canon, to another planet :confused:

These containers could be so heavy that we finally could have a little railway ( with railway elevators ) in the game, to be able to move them around.

image.png.fe3b1863385ff24de6e3efa32c91e6aa.png

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, babba said:

How do you want to have the "Interplanetary Launcher" work or how do you expect it to work :confused:

The easy developer way would just to pipe in resources in to the canon and make the resources appear at a receiving station.

What about if the launch requires 10(0) ton metal containers, which need to be manufactured, filled with substance(s) and then are shot, by the canon, to another planet :confused:

These containers could be so heavy that we finally could have a little railway ( with railway elevators ) in the game, to be able to move them around.

image.png.fe3b1863385ff24de6e3efa32c91e6aa.png

Yes, nothing like having a storage compactor shot out of a canon to another planetoid. I bet that thing is going to be costly to operate.

• GL Happy 1

I wonder how come no one here mentioned Resin?

I've generated 2 new maps and debugged all of them to find any Resin, but couldn't, had to add via debug tools to see the properties. Anyone?

Or is it that the new Tree is supposed to leak resin, because resins' liquid state is only at 20C.

Can't wait for some issues to be fixed in the next update to start new colony...:applause:

1 hour ago, babba said:

I would expect it to be (more Klei realistic) something like orbital cargo module. 200kg bullets, 0-600kg slider to set max mass to start sequence and 480 w needed when "sequence" starts

Edit:

@Eldenissio It seems that the tree will leak resin but for now it just creates black holes :lol: (heat resin to 125 to see what happens ;-) )

Edited by sakura_sk
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

@Pyrex042,

Polluted water bottle arrays dropped using the tank deconstruction method. Or a really troubled plumber. You would need only 31 20t bottles and bottles greater than 20t don't generally combined. So you could stack them.. as well. This whole thing being toilsome.

That's certainly better but it's a lot of dupe labor, and a lot of micromanagement to maintain the right volume of bottles everywhere.

But it would still require a ton of space, and at least one additional dedicated full-time Rancher.  Pufts only fit 6 to a Stable, and I would need a minimum of 41 tame & happy Pufts (7 Stables!) to handle both the initial PDirt and cyclical PWater offgassing.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

I would expect it to be (more Klei realistic) something like orbital cargo module. 200kg bullets, 0-600kg slider to set max mass to start sequence and 480 w needed when "sequence" starts

Edit:

@Eldenissio It seems that the tree will leak resin but for now it just creates black holes :lol: (heat resin to 125 to see what happens ;-) )

Many different ways Klei could implement stuff - I would welcome a little railway and anything to do with heavy cargo and being able to build more infrastructure in the game. Bulldozers, bridge building, fire engine ( fire fighting )...Anything players could love to toy around with. :p

I remember the day Klei implemented rockets, my eyes nearly popped out :love_heart::love-struck::love-struck::love-struck::love_heart: If we could build space shuttles, with telescope arms for satellite deployment + able to build space stations aahhhhh uhhhhh ehhhhhh huiiiiii :adoration:

Edited by babba

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

I think it's going to take a lot more than 480w.  I'll see if I can find it, but I was reading a post where someone was digging through the test branch, and it looks like you'll need to use the nuclear materials to produce "high energy particles" and those will be the fuel the interplanetary launcher will use.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1