[Poll] Should all damage increases effect the mounted beefalo?

Should Damage multipliers affect mounted Beefalo?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wigfrid's damage multiplier affect mounted beef damage?

2. 2. Should Warly's food buffs affect mounted beef damage?

3. 3. Should Wendy's petal buff affect mounted beef damage?

4. 4. Should Wolfgang's damage multiplier buffs affect mounted beef damage?

I wanted to make new playthrough with a warrior on the new warrior steed (skin). Only to find out that Wigfrid's damage multiplier doesn't carry on to the beef. Seeing how both Warly and Wendy have their respective damage multipliers carry on to the beefs it seemed like an oversight, though, not sure on which side. 

10 minutes ago, Notecja said:

You forgot to ask if Wolfgand multiplier should work on beef. And Wes. And Wendy personal multiplier, not just Abby buff. If Wigfrid, then why not them? 

To me personally Wolfgang seemed like a no brainer. I specifically asked for those who have damage increases to keep the discussion some what focused on buffs and the way they are applied to beefs. Doing Wes felt like it would open up to if beefalo domestication would then become useless.

Edit: I would like to add Wolfgang though but I cant seem to edit my poll. Makes sense why though.

7 minutes ago, BezKa said:

In my opinion, Wigfrid's damage buff comes from her training and skills in battle. The other two are magic. So her skills with spear and fight techniques can't be moved onto an animal.

Makes sense from a realistic point of view. Btw do her songs affect mounted beef?

The vote options really confuse me, sorry I can't vote by now.

Hmm, other than that, I believe Beefalos are fairly amazing in combat, I prefer to use the Ornery one over the Rider tendency cause move speed is not necessary for most boss even if you have the War Saddle on, then so far it looks already quite powerful to make that great damages without damaging your weapons.
Beefing buffing them for a character that is already well suited for combat doesn't seems like a good idea to me for that reason. I'd rather see other characters taking advantage of using a Beefalo with the current damages (if the Beef is equipped for this) as they aren't big fighters.

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Edit: I would like to add Wolfgang though but I cant seem to edit my poll. Makes sense why though.

Normally you can edit polls by clicking on edit and then go back in the poll section just like when you create your topic

11 minutes ago, ADM said:

The vote options really confuse me, sorry I can't vote by now.

Mind letting me know what confuses you? Id like to fix my poll if I can.

Hmm, other than that, I believe Beefalos are fairly amazing in combat, I prefer to use the Ornery one over the Rider tendency cause move speed is not necessary for most boss even if you have the War Saddle on, then so far it looks already quite powerful to make that great damages without damaging your weapons.

Yeah, me too.

Beefing buffing them for a character that is already well suited for combat doesn't seems like a good idea to me for that reason. I'd rather see other characters taking advantage of using a Beefalo with the current damages (if the Beef is equipped for this) as they aren't big fighters.

I see where your going. However, the reason why I specifically choose the characters with damage increases is because they are indirectly nerfed. Beef taming is detrimental outside of roleplaying reasons for Wig to some extent. 

Normally you can edit polls by clicking on edit and then go back in the poll section just like when you create your topic

Thanks!

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Mind letting me know what confuses you? Id like to fix my poll if I can.

My bad, it's just that I thought Warly's spice was not applied when you fight on a Beefalo so I did not understand why there was a keep it or remove it. Why the hell is it working like that...

1 minute ago, ADM said:

My bad, it's just that I thought Warly's spice was not applied when you fight on a Beefalo so I did not understand why there was a keep it or remove it. Why the hell is it working like that...

Ah ok! Rewrote my poll anyways. Hopefully its more clear now.

45 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Makes sense from a realistic point of view. Btw do her songs affect mounted beef?

No idea. My bet would would be no. 

Btw. I voted that Beefalo should be affected by Warly spice. Which I kinda voted on a whim- I think Beefalo should be affected, but only if it's fed a spiced dish, not if you yourself ate it. Since they only eat vegetables, it might have some sort of impact. 

5 minutes ago, Seero said:

there should be no issue with this, unless you want to make ornery beefalo useless to certain characters?

Not the detriments just the buffs. Currently Wigfrid gains no benefit from tameing a beef in regards to her damage buff. 

From a purely gameplay perspective I can see these buffs being applied to be inline with both Warly and Wendy. 

I thought about making a playthrough with Wig and a beef on the assumption that her damage buff would carry over. It doesn't. It would actually be more of a drag (plus no benefit) then how I currently do it as Wormwood. 

I find it weird how wendy's beefalo damage jumps from x1,0 to x1,54 after the petal debuff, there is no reason for it. The x1,54 damage multiplayer is used to balance wendy's x0,75 base damage multiplayer, and it's arguably too strong at that, making it go from x0,75 to x1,155 ,but in the beefalo's case there is really no reason for it to be this strong since beefalos don't consider the character's base damage multiplier. 

it's a 54% damage buff to beef's already possibly high damage.

If you are riding a beefalo with ornery tendency (50 auto atk damage) + a war sandle (16 auto atk damage) any other character would be dealing 66 damage per auto atk with the beef, wendy on the other hand deals 101 damage per auto after the petal's debuff. Lets consider the player attacks 2 times per second - it varies from 2 to 2,5  if i'm not mistaking, depends on conectivity - while other characters would deal 132 dps wendy would be dealing 202 dps after the petal's debuff.

54% extra damage not counting abigail's damage seems overkill,  the 10% extra damage  from the petal debuff that applies to allies  should be reasonable enough in this situation.

Or maybe wendy and abigail are in truth part of triplets and have a twin beefalo brother/sister, that would explain this synergy, hehehe.

Hmm im indecisive
because they used to do that in the past when they initially  made beefalos tameable
it really just made it rather pointless to tame beefalos    for certain characters because damage was  based on the characters modifier
and characters that already had a damage modifier didn't really need the extra damage on the beefalo. 

this topic was actually done and it was changed to what it is now.

single player don't starve still has the old school beefalo taming.  but i think its better that beefalos keep thier native damage. and can only increase based on external sources. 
feeding  and buffs.

there really is no reason to not allow wigfrid and wolfgang to do it since  they would do more than dark sword damage.    but i dont think a wolf would want to rely on the beefalo since it could actually be slower than  him, and beefalos attack slower too.

38 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

important question, does spiced dragonpie affect beef? havent been paying attention ngl and i was wondering if like a dragonpie with spicy or garlic powder grants buffs to beefs and to extension pigs

Nope, it's because there is not a lot of mobs (if not just any, unless under specific conditions) that have the debuffable component which is required to apply Warly's spice buffs. I'm sure mounted Beefs works quite differently, but it would works for any mob that get it added. I'd really like that.

39 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

Snip

Im starting to think this may be, in fact, an over sight on Klei's part. An oversight that has to do with how beefalo mounting was coded. The only perks that are affected are those that are applied after the fact. I imagine that it is hasn't been revises due to it not being detrimental to those characters in particular (Wendy/Warly). 

If these characters are to remain as is, I don't see why, Wigfrid and to that extent Wolfgang, cant get the same treatment.

The biggest outlier is Wendy's damage; which gives me this conclusion. The game isn't acting as if its an outside entity, but Wendy herself. The mounted beefalo replaces the characters or it may be more accurate to say it becomes them.

Beefalo's then can be concluded to be a add-on to these characters. An extension of themselves that first overwrites the base stats of the character that decides to mount them. Then its stand to reason that both Warly and Wendy are loophole-ing their way to added benefits. Should Wigfrid then be penalized because of how her buff was coded? 

48 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

The biggest outlier is Wendy's damage; which gives me this conclusion. The game isn't acting as if its an outside entity, but Wendy herself. The mounted beefalo replaces the characters or it may be more accurate to say it becomes them.

Yeah from what I know the beefalo and character are merged together when you get on, then separated when you get off. Kind of like SW boats.

Character damage applied to the beef has no sense

Abi debuff should count as 50%, not 10% like with wendy, because is the beefalo who is atacking. Another player using a beefalo with a wendy in the team will do this damage 

Volt goat jelly eat by a player and giving the beef the bonus damage has sense because conductivity but without the pepper spice bonus

Beefalos should be able to be affected by veggie dishes with spices

3 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

No Wig boost to Mounted Beefalo means there is pretty much no point at all taming a Beefalo as her unless you are using it purely for faster travel times. For this reason alone I think they should definitely receive her boost.

What is the problem of having one tendency weaker for certain characters (and the op character) when there is other as you pointed. As wigfrid use the speed one, is for what mounting beast was done, fast travels. Wigfrid doesnt need more help, is already a very dumb character 

3 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

As a Wig Main I will see yöu ön the glöriöus field öf battle >=(

By dumb i mean how simple she is, i didnt want to offend you

See it in this way. Instead of fecompensating players that want to counter a character downside by using a more complicate mechanic, having character damage multiply will punish this characters and prizing the stronger ones like wolfg (who already has little sense so imagine a beef with damage x6)

For example, in my case, i play as wurt and i tamed a speedy beefalo because i dont need damage having my warriors that already make fighting bosses a quick work

I think that right now is very well balance, i would only buff the fatty tendency to have more choices not just damage or speed (and little people tame speed ones)

Beefalo shouldn’t get Warly food buffs when the player eats them, and Wendy has no reason to get more than 10% bonus damage in the first place.

It completely undermines her one downside of having low damage when she has a minion with a strong aoe attack and with a beefalo can easily surpass Wigfrid’s damage output without even accounting for Abi’s dps.

Right now Wendy is arguably the best combat character in the game due to having the second highest damage and aoe damage.

Archived