YotB kinda sucks

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Oh but it does impact taming: instead of YOU having to go back to your Beefalo, it now follows you everywhere- you can feed it As you quest around the entire map.

never in my life did i think i would see the day when people were complaining about beefalo taming being too easy

5 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

never in my life did i think i would see the day when people were complaining about beefalo taming being too easy

You got it all wrong friend, I’m not complaining at all, merely concerned: 

If having a Beefalo companion is meant to be this extra helpful combat Mount, then they are now a lot easier to “passively” tame as you go about your gameplay (since they now follow you everywhere)

And since: Klei has made no adjustments to enemy mob health my Concern is that their making what is supposed to be a Uncompromising Wilderness Survival game: and they’re making that a heck of a lot more casual player friendly.

If this “tame as you do stuff” feature is to stay in the game: And therefore people will more easily be able to tame and get Beefalo- then Enemy mobs should be balanced around more easy to obtain Beefalo.

Klei added Beefalo taming to single player Dont Starve not too long ago... But Solo DS doesn’t have a bell you can ring that has them loyally follow you around so you can “tame as you go places”

29 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

The thing is that the bell doesnt make it easier since if you are not riding it it will not be tamed so i dont see the point of having your beefalo arround and not riding it

Maybe if you want the most useless tendency and even then isnt useful when is better to have a salt lick

He is just exagerating about things being easy when isnt clearly the case 

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Uncompromising Wilderness Survival game: and they’re making that a heck of a lot more casual player friendly.

You are the one who complain about df and wes but now you say that wormwood and taming beefalos is easy

35 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

since when mike23ua = a presumably large amount of sample clumped into what would be called "people"

There’s also the whole fact that caves content was never designed with Beefalo intended to be down in the caves. So the mobs and dangers of cave content was not built with the consideration of taking a Beefalo into a cave. their health and damage pools or mob group numbers weren’t adjusted to accommodate for it.

Just in general: I really feel like they’re trying to take what was once a mostly brutal unforgiving survival game: and over simplifying that to the point that casual players can enjoy it all while completely abandoning the harder content Original DS fans want & expect.

Has anyone even tried AG/FW/Toad with Beef now??? It probably takes what was once a difficult fight and Casualizes it.

And THAT is my concern.. I can careless about every other moot point.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Casualizes it

Nope

The only advantage that brings a beefalo is to have more speed and no wasting armors and weapons but nothing that a wendy/wigfrid/wolfgang cant do with mag+crown+darksword/thulecite club

Vs toad you cant chop so you will waste more WP; vs fw you cant use crowd controll so you will have to be verycarefuly of how much damage takes the beef; vs ag could be better but nothing that the characters mentioned couldnt do better

How ever is true that for wormwood, wendy, warly and walter could make cleaning the ruins less grindy or, in the case of wendy, faster

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There’s also the whole fact that caves content was never designed with Beefalo intended to be down in the caves. So the mobs and dangers of cave content was not built with the consideration of taking a Beefalo into a cave. their health and damage pools or mob group numbers weren’t adjusted to accommodate for it.

Just in general: I really feel like they’re trying to take what was once a mostly brutal unforgiving survival game: and over simplifying that to the point that casual players can enjoy it all while completely abandoning the harder content Original DS fans want & expect.

Has anyone even tried AG/FW/Toad with Beef now??? It probably takes what was once a difficult fight and Casualizes it.

And THAT is my concern.. I can careless about every other moot point.

Content aboveground was not designed with beefalo in mind either because beefalo were added to the game in an update.

Also weren't you saying you didn't even know what gems did earlier? Why are you suddenly all up in arms about the difficulty of some of the hardest bosses in the game?

11 hours ago, Szczuku said:

As I said- imo this is the worst chinease event alongside yotc.

Carrat.png.634bdcd87ed14e20ae82d9593d431157.pngDid you make a typo when trying to abbreviate Year of the Gobbler or did you actually somehow, genuinely refer to Year of the Carrat? I can't begin to comprehend how someone can consider the indisputable best Chinese New Year event ever as one of the 'worst' ones.

Im so happy with this event. It brought everything I could ask for!

A way to make beefalo stay

A way to take them underground

A way to extend the obedience timer (Don't get off as often)

Only thing I didn't get was a way to extend the riding time but that's mostly due to my laziness.

I greatly enjoy the new mini-game too. Dst is getting more and more comfortable adding NPC to the game. Wouldn't be surprised if the judge spawned in the savana with a beef caravan as a way to make bells outside of the event.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:53 AM, GenomeSquirrel said:

My happiness in this event is directly related to how much time I spend lucky beast dancing.

Most fun thing when klei annonce that they fixed thing and after found out that it's not.
Like windows/linux seeds still generate different world.

Archived