Can we get a confirmation on YOTB items and mechanics?

I am personally liking YOTB. New mechanics and items are great. However after a bit of testing and trying out the new stuff I wonder if some of these changes are temporary?

Will we still be able to bring our beefalos to the caves?

Are bells permanent? Can I craft it following months in a new world?

And one last thing, I know this is a no but will we be still able to dress our beefalos after the event? I was shocked seeing beefalo outfits however I very much dislike the idea of most of these beautiful cosmetics, mechanic, items of all YOT items won't be available for another 12 years after they were added. 

Carrats, belts, clout snouts (even elite pigs) stayed, but they don't have much of a permanent use. I think we should see a new ancient crafting station that lets us build previous years' YOT structures. This would lead to an aesthetic look on worlds and would open the way of Klei to bring and add new features every 12 years (which I don't doubt).

Currently, carrats are being used to lower sanity on Lunar Island, and I haven't seen a single elite pig since YOTP ended. It is a shame that all the hard work Klei puts in these mechanics, and fun we are having lasts 28 days and no more,

I think new beefalo mechanics (spelunking with beefalo and picking stuff while mounting beefalo) will stay forever since Walter can do the same with Woby but I'm not so sure about the bell. These features really improve QOL and I very much hope that bell and naming will stay. I hope we'll get a confirmation from devs because otherwise I'm gonna craft so many bells before the event ends.

I got back into DST after a long hiatus this summer, so I don't know how year of altars work after the event has ended. My guess would be that they remain active just like the mad scientist lab is outside of hallowed nights, but I can't be sure.

I would definitely love to ride a beefalo in the caves, and maybe even start a herd and a base there (I don't know if the YotB mechanics allow it though).
Completely with you also on the beefalo outfits. Some look a little bit embarrassing to me and I wouldn't permanently dress my beefalo with them, but every once in a while, maybe for some cool screenshot in a themed base, it would be cool to have the option of dressing them up even outside of the event, and, actually, even in a server where the YotB was never active because it was started later. I wouldn't count on this happening, because it wasn't the case with the other year of events that I experienced, but I'd certainly be happy if this trend was reversed.

The ancient station that lets you relive previous events is a cool idea, although since it's a lunar new year-themed event, a station in the lunar island may be more appropriate (maybe the mysterious energy, if given a specific tribute, could act as a year-of altar? and which year of is activated depends on what tribute you give to the altar?)

22 minutes ago, SadeceAtakan said:

I think new beefalo mechanics (spelunking with beefalo and picking stuff while mounting beefalo) will stay forever since Walter can do the same with Woby but I'm not so sure about the bell. These features really improve QOL and I very much hope that bell and naming will stay. I hope we'll get a confirmation from devs because otherwise I'm gonna craft so many bells before the event ends.

But you need the bell to take the beefalo into the caves.

I think the bell and the “beefalo wardrobe” should stay as craftables in the game.

And the skins for the boofs should be weavable or purchaseable like any other skin set. This will also open the possibility for new beefalo skins in the future.

About the past events it’s true that the pig belt has been quite rare lately, and also they never fixed the pig snouts durability to be even mildly useful.

I think that in order to revive all the past lunar events (terracotta vargs, carrat race, etc) perhaps during the lunar new year all past lunar events could also be active, so you can craft other shrines and play older games.
This would also be new players friendly as, for example, someone who purchased the game last month, can experience the carrat race during these days without being limited to create a full world stuck in that past event.

54 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think the bell and the “beefalo wardrobe” should stay as craftables in the game.

And the skins for the boofs should be weavable or purchaseable like any other skin set. This will also open the possibility for new beefalo skins in the future.

About the past events it’s true that the pig belt has been quite rare lately, and also they never fixed the pig snouts durability to be even mildly useful.

I think that in order to revive all the past lunar events (terracotta vargs, carrat race, etc) perhaps during the lunar new year all past lunar events could also be active, so you can craft other shrines and play older games.
This would also be new players friendly as, for example, someone who purchased the game last month, can experience the carrat race during these days without being limited to create a full world stuck in that past event.

These ideas are lovely, I like the idea of weavable or purchasable beefalo skins. It would certainly attract people and it would do nothing other than help Klei financially.

About the clout snout, I don't think the durability change would affect much considering how bad it already is in any way.

I just hope someone will consider reworking Yot items' accesibility so everyone is happy.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I'd like a world generation option that when enabled would allow for the events to circle thought out the in game years.

For example:

• After the first in game year every new year would unlock a diferent lunar event that would be available until the start of the next year - when a different lunar event would start.
  • Starting during the 3º or 2º winter every two winters would be winter's feast - the same could be done with summer and the upcomming summer event, prefebly during the in game years in which winter feast woulnd't be available.

I don't know how halloween's event would fit in this schedule, maybe Summer Soltice, Winter's feast and Hallowed Nights would simply take turns being avaible in different in game years. 

I'd also enjoy if it could be done organicaly, maybe we would have to do something related to the event theme to make these events not currently avaible happen the first time in our world.

2 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

I'd like an world generation option that when enabled would allow for the events to circle thought out the in game years.

For example:

• After the first in game year every new year would unlock a diferent lunar event that would be available until the start of the next year - when a different lunar event would start.
  • Starting during the 3º or 2º winter every two winters would be winter's feast - the same could be done with summer and the upcomming summer event, prefebly during the in game years which winter feast woulnd't be available.

I don't know how halloween's event would fit in this schedule, maybe Summer Soltice, Winter's feast and Hallowed Nights would simply take turns being avaible in different in game years. 

I'd also enjoy if it could be done organicaly, maybe we would have to do something related to the event theme to make these events not currently avaible happen the first time in our world.

You have 2 hours to do everything in Winter's Feast (with a large portion of that being night time) and then have to wait 19 hours to get another 2 hours to try again?

12 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You have 2 hours to do everything in Winter's Feast (with a large portion of that being night time) and then have to wait 19 hours to get another 2 hours to try again?

I thought about this, It would be a problem. There would be no point in klaus respawning every 20 days during winter's feast if the event only lasted one winter season and the waiting time  to try again the event would be enormous as you noted. That said, it's just an initial ideia, it needs a lot of refining, it doesn't need to be every two winters, it doesn't need to be available only during winter, etc... it would be up to them to figure out how something like this could be better done, but this idea seems hard to pull off and, as such, difficult to happen.

I like the bell's mechanics but I think I would prefer the bell and beefalo outfits to leave after the event and you being able to bond and name the beefalo after the domestication process is completed. Of course I'd also like the domestication process to get touched upon in the March QOL update to make it easier/more manageable.

There’s been no official word on this: But- the next update will let us toggle on/off old events at our own free will anytime we want so you will still be able to enjoy all the YoTB benefits, But you’ll probably need to have it set to YoTB mode to utilize it all.

The next update is only a QoL update though: So it’s also possible the YoTB will extend until the next large update expected out in April.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:58 AM, SadeceAtakan said:

you can enable the event even after it ends

I would definitely like to have Bells and mechanisms be permanent, and the dressing would be a nice touch, but it better remain temporary so we have something unique and nice for the YOTB event.

35 minutes ago, Mthestarver20 said:

I thought that you could just edit what year you want from world settings ....(new update remember)

Being able to Craft Bells, Bring Beefalo to Caves, Pick Stuff while mounted, etc, while playing in a default (none) event world.

Archived