[Poll] On Year of the Beefalo Features

no time for title  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the current beefalo features (bell, being able to bring beefalo underground and when you disconnect) to remain even when the Year of the Beefalo event has ended?

I really really doubt Klei would remove the stuff like being able to pick saplings/grass/other pickables, and pick up items while on a beefalo,being able to bring them underground after the event is done.

The pageant stuff of course, but the general changes to beefalo, I don't see them getting disabled

this one i thought of on a whim due to the roadmap post ngl, but usually they just satiate my wild curiosity

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I rather think you feel you have some sort of "quest" to accomplish with these polls, to the point you rush them out as fast as possible.

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

I really really doubt Klei would remove the stuff like being able to pick saplings/grass/other pickables, and pick up items while on a beefalo,being able to bring them underground after the event is done.

oh wow... i didnt even think to try this. this is game changing in a big way.

51 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not home and can’t play the update yet: but if the bell is a instant taming device- I would rather that NOT remain after the event is over... I wanted easier taming, not instant taming.

So you... voted on a poll that is about something you haven't tried yet, but just assume how it works?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not home and can’t play the update yet: but if the bell is a instant taming device- I would rather that NOT remain after the event is over... I wanted easier taming, not instant taming.

It´s nothing like that. Taming is unchanged I think. The bell just makes the beefalo follow you, even into the caves and makes it the beefalo disappears when you log out I think. But you can´t ride it with it. 

2 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

Does with work the same with big Woby.. I'm curious.

It should! Since beefalo and Woby are pretty much coded the same (Heck, big woby even crashes because the game tries to do costume stuff with her but crashes since Woby can't get dressed up)

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

It should! Since beefalo and Woby are pretty much coded the same (Heck, big woby even crashes because the game tries to do costume stuff with her but crashes since Woby can't get dressed up)

Oooh, so that's why my game crashed. Anyway if that's true it would be a considerable QoL change for Walter!

6 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

The Bell for boofs is an amazing and unbelievably needed addition honestly.

I think it’s over-kill, too easily exploitable- used to you need to kill a Beefalo.. get its horn and then use it for a limited duration of horn blows to get a Beefalo to follow you.

Now you just ring a bell call it to you and it follows you ANYWHERE, then you can kill it off alone by itself discreetly away from its herd.

the bell is something i would like to see disabled completely after the event... but the custom head, torso’s, horns & tails for Beefalo need to stay: heck man I would’ve paid money for these as a skin set Klei.... 

Your fans want MOAR BEEF (skins)

I think it’s over-kill, too easily exploitable- used to you need to kill a Beefalo.. get its horn and then use it for a limited duration of horn blows to get a Beefalo to follow you.

Now you just ring a bell call it to you and it follows you ANYWHERE, then you can kill it off alone by itself discreetly away from its herd.

the bell is something i would like to see disabled completely after the event... but the custom head, torso’s, horns & tails for Beefalo need to stay: heck man I would’ve paid money for these as a skin set Klei.... 

Did... you not know you can hit a beefalo and run away to accomplish the same thing without the bell?

I swear if I had a dollar for every time you were confidently incorrect I’d have been able to buy majority shares of Klei before tencent did.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have never once seen anyone ever use a beefalo horn to try to kill beefalo, and I assume it wouldn't even work because it makes all of them follow you. People kill beeflao by either feeding them so they slowly follow, or punching them so they quickly follow.

People can already feed it a single grass to lure it away...

Edit: Ah, someone literally just said this.

You have always already been able to do this by feeding a Beefalo and leading it away. The bell does not really change anything whatsoever in this regard.

Actually being around and active during this event should be rewarded like any of the other events allowing you to keep special crafts and abilities in your world, losing any Bells you have after the event ends would suck...

The difference is that you have an infinite durability tool that causes them to follow you (and quite effectively I might add) anywhere including into caves.

You can effectively pen in an entire horde taking them to your base one by one without having a single Beefalo Aggro onto you.

It removes the need of your aforementioned methods of hitting with something, feeding sticks, using Walter or crafting Salt Licks.

every single one of the above methods of kiting, feeding, taking to base and capturing in a pen, becomes a completely passive easy as pie method of moving Beef right where you want them.

So yes: I sincerely hope that the Bell is only around for the duration of the event, but the customizable beef I hope stay forever :) 

The difference is that you have an infinite durability tool that causes them to follow you (and quite effectively I might add) anywhere including into caves.

You can effectively pen in an entire horde taking them to your base one by one without having a single Beefalo Aggro onto you.

It removes the need of your aforementioned methods of hitting with something, feeding sticks, using Walter or crafting Salt Licks.

every single one of the above methods of kiting, feeding, taking to base and capturing in a pen, becomes a completely passive easy as pie method of moving Beef right where you want them.

So yes: I sincerely hope that the Bell is only around for the duration of the event, but the customizable beef I hope stay forever :) 

It really seems to me like you pre-emptively voted before you knew what it did, and now you're trying to justify that vote instead of admitting you voted pre-emptively.

I haven't played the event yet, but based on reading words it seems like the bell can only cause one to follow you so you'd need to make several bells (3 gold + 1 flint) instead of just feeding them a piece of grass or something. Then they'd all be bound to bells, too. But even if one bell can make an entire herd follow you, who cares? That isn't powerful. Punching a beefalo will make an entire herd follow you. Feeding a small amount of grass or twigs to a herd will make an entire herd follow you. Blowing a beefalo horn will make an entire herd follow you. I really doubt the bell is going to make moving beefalo some overpowered thing.

Yeah so it does what a Beefalo Horn does but instead of ALL at once you have to do it one at a time which is much more time intensive.

It simply isn't overpowered like you think.

Archived