[Poll] On Year of the Beefalo Features

no time for title  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the current beefalo features (bell, being able to bring beefalo underground and when you disconnect) to remain even when the Year of the Beefalo event has ended?

12 hours ago, Toros said:

Did... you not know you can hit a beefalo and run away to accomplish the same thing without the bell?

I swear if I had a dollar for every time you were confidently incorrect I’d have been able to buy majority shares of Klei before tencent did.

You punch a Beefalo and run away and every Beefalo in the area is going to chase and attempt to Murder you.

You bond one with a cowbell have it follow you to a pen, break the bond, bond another have it follow you rinse repeat etc: You can move an entire horde into your base without having them all angrily chasing you.

The Salt Lick will lure groups of Beefalo to its location, the Beefalo horn will lure groups of Beefalo to its location, but this.. this is an infinite durability tool.

Taming a Beefalo still requires feeding it sticks or grass but the difference is: instead of having to bring collected sticks and grass back to your Beefalo’s location you can have that beef loyally follow you everywhere (including into caves) you can effectively tame a Beefalo now AS YOU ROAM the Map: Instead of having to return to it and stuff more food in its mouth you can just run around the map stuffing more food in its mouth as it tags along behind you.

The cowbell I hope is event only.. but the Beefalo head, body, horn & tail customization I would’ve paid good money for that Klei.. :wilson_cry:

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Taming a Beefalo still requires feeding it sticks or grass but the difference is: instead of having to bring collected sticks and grass back to your Beefalo’s location you can have that beef loyally follow you everywhere (including into caves) you can effectively tame a Beefalo now AS YOU ROAM the Map: Instead of having to return to it and stuff more food in its mouth you can just run around the map stuffing more food in its mouth as it tags along behind you.

That's how most of us tame beefalos since before the bell was even introduced... We bring the beefalo with us because domestication increases even if it is starving for as long as you're riding it. The fact that you can gather while on the beefalo makes the process even easier.

Archived