A trash can needs to be implemented

13 minutes ago, Notecja said:

The point is, as some point most trash is lagging older worlds and/or weaker servers/computers.

For example I cannot drown spiderhats, don't really need them, they can take a lot of space in chests and right now only way to get rid of excess is eye-plant.

You can also give them to bunnymen, pigs or merms

2 hours ago, Notecja said:

The point is, as some point most trash is lagging older worlds and/or weaker servers/computers.

For example I cannot drown spiderhats, don't really need them, they can take a lot of space in chests and right now only way to get rid of excess is eye-plant.

Yes, there is a mod called "Quick Drop" which lets you drop as many items as you want in a single block. That's what I use for now.

13 minutes ago, Well-met said:

the best way to clear spiderhats is simply wear them and tank the sanity. The hat lasts like one minute.

To much minutes if you want to clean a bunch from a spider farm or  from all the fights in forest and swap (i dont usually make silk farms so my forest and swamps are always filled with them)

I prefer give them to mobs or lureplants so i dont have to tank sanity or waste time waiting

Why leaving armor and tools on low percentage in first place? The issue isn't with lack of trash can, it is with how players approach using resources and being frugal. 1% axe is as effective as 100% axe at hitting a tree once.  #savethe1%

10 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Why leaving armor and tools on low percentage in first place? The issue isn't with lack of trash can, it is with how players approach using resources and being frugal. 1% axe is as effective as 100% axe at hitting a tree once.  #savethe1%

This ^

Whenever I have low durability armor I just save it for picking cacti with, and I use the low axes for spawning Treeguards via cutting down Old Evergreens.

Sure, most of the need for a bin can be avoided with better planning, organization and using up tools but the fact of the matter is items do clutter up and its very common to end up with many hound teeth, bee stingers, tools and other unnecessary stuff lying around at the base and it'd be 1914201845_AncientRefurbisher.thumb.jpg.a27e9a415976d3bc451e5b3602ec9a85.jpgnice t1409426260_refurbishercolored.png.596b6e4021c0325764f832a582cf0591.pngo have a structure to remedy it. I mean other Moonlens structures don't fill vital roles either; you can figure out when the full moon and new moon is coming through counting instead of a moon dial, you can share maps to record your naval explorations instead of using an ocuvigil and you can walk to places instead of teleporting there with deserter. They are all convenience structures. Therefore having a convenient repurposing machine would be perfectly in theme  with the other structures we have in the game.

Lets call it, Ancient Refurbisher? It'd take in irorganic items and give out random minerals and sometimes even rarer goodies like gems.

4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Sure, most of the need for a bin can be avoided with better planning, organization and using up tools but the fact of the matter is items do clutter up and its very common to end up with many hound teeth, bee stingers, tools and other unnecessary stuff lying around at the base and it'd be 1914201845_AncientRefurbisher.thumb.jpg.a27e9a415976d3bc451e5b3602ec9a85.jpgnice t1409426260_refurbishercolored.png.596b6e4021c0325764f832a582cf0591.pngo have a structure to remedy it. I mean other Moonlens structures don't fill vital roles either; you can figure out when the full moon and new moon is coming through counting instead of a moon dial, you can share maps to record your naval explorations instead of using an ocuvigil and you can walk to places instead of teleporting there with deserter. They are all convenience structures. Therefore having a convenient repurposing machine would be perfectly in theme  with the other structures we have in the game.

Lets call it, Ancient Refurbisher? It'd take in irorganic items and give out random minerals and sometimes even rarer goodies like gems.

I like this Id still prefer an ends well in dst.... Recently things like rot were given a new purpose thanks to the compost bin. Hounds teeth are pilling up and hound waves have become more of an annoyance than anything else. Sure you can delete them all with a lure plant, but that keeps hound waves as nothing but an annoyance. I'm all for recycling them like we do with rot now.

Archived