A trash can needs to be implemented

1 hour ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Why not? Just because it doesn't cause lag, doesn't mean I don't want to throw it away

and if you don't want it for lagg prevention, than why not just shift drop all items you don't want to 1 single spot, where you can place your lureplant when you get to spring season?

1 hour ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I bet they thought about it as a reason to implement this mechanic. And even if they didn't, It doesn't mean you shouldn't use certain mechanics in ways that they were not implemented for. Expecially, if it's not a glitch, but pretty straight forward mechanic like item digestion. As Hornete stated above, it's part of the charm of DS that you have to use your environment to your advantage and don't have simple solutions for everything, only requireing more materials.

I know that, I'm saying that just because it is a mechanic by a certain thing doesn't mean it SHOULDN'T be added. Like for instance, what about on a boat? Lunar Island? Cave Dwelling? There should be a trash can. Just because another thing barely meets the quota doesn't mean there shouldn't be.

Sincerely,

Cactus

1 hour ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

and if you don't want it for lagg prevention, than why not just shift drop all items you don't want to 1 single spot, where you can place your lureplant when you get to spring season?

I still want a way to get rid of items instead of dumping them in a corner. I don't want to wait 40 days. So I have to play around 5.33 hours to get a trashcan? Yeah no. Plus the portability aspect of it is non-exsistent.

Sincerely,

Cactus

3 hours ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I know that, I'm saying that just because it is a mechanic by a certain thing doesn't mean it SHOULDN'T be added. Like for instance, what about on a boat? Lunar Island? Cave Dwelling? There should be a trash can. Just because another thing barely meets the quota doesn't mean there shouldn't be.

Sincerely,

Cactus

I still want a way to get rid of items instead of dumping them in a corner. I don't want to wait 40 days. So I have to play around 5.33 hours to get a trashcan? Yeah no. Plus the portability aspect of it is non-exsistent.

Sincerely,

Cactus

why do you need a portable trash can before day 40

20 hours ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Sincerely,

Cactus

Sincerely,

Cactus

You can give a Viking Burial to your items for the low price of 4 boards.

Just make a ship, fill it with all items you don't want, row a few times/place a sail/hit it with another ship and burn it, then see all your unwanted items sink into a watery grave forever to be lost in the depths of the Constant.

Or just wait a few extra days for a Lureplant.

1 minute ago, CremeLover said:

You can give a Viking Burial to your items for the low price of 4 boards.

Just make a ship, fill it with all items you don't want, row a few times/place a sail/hit it with another ship and burn it, then see all your unwanted items sink into a watery grave forever to be lost in the depths of the Constant.

Or just wait a few extra days for a Lureplant.

Yeah, you got a point. Just seems like alot of extra work though......

1 minute ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Yeah, you got a point. Just seems like alot of extra work though......

It might be a bit resource intensive, though it comes with no limit of the items you can get rid of, as there no stack limit.

I really don't know what items can accumulate that fast for you to consider them a big enough problem to need to get rid of them ASAP.

It usually takes me a few years to start drowning in silk/teeth/stingers before I need to actively pursue an avenue to remove them from the world.

17 hours ago, Cheggf said:

why do you need a portable trash can before day 40

I'm meaning portable as in I can place it anywhere. I can't place a lure plant on a boat and it eat things. If I place it, I have to wait. 

It's like in real life where you go to throw something away and there's not a bag in the trash can. It's annoying. I don't want to wait to throw my stuff away, I want to throw it away when I want to throw it away. Otherwise, I will just drop it on the ground. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

12 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I'm meaning portable as in I can place it anywhere. I can't place a lure plant on a boat and it eat things. If I place it, I have to wait. 

It's like in real life where you go to throw something away and there's not a bag in the trash can. It's annoying. I don't want to wait to throw my stuff away, I want to throw it away when I want to throw it away. Otherwise, I will just drop it on the ground. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

I drop stuff on the ground, and when it starts to accumulate, I make a trip to the lureplant away from my base with all the trash in my inventory, so I don't need to make trips constantly.

If you have that much trash, you can set it up closer to your main hub. I prefer to use the space for building which is why I set it up further.

This mod can come in handy for the location of the eyes.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273382163

If it is urgent and can't wait till day 40, there's always the boat method.

Just now, RoughCactus69 said:

Sincerely,

Cactus

What are you throwing away before day 40?

3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

What are you throwing away before day 40?

Day 40 is around 5.5 hours into playing. There's plenty to throw away by that point. Do I have to state exactly what?

Sincerely,

Cactus

11 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

I drop stuff on the ground, and when it starts to accumulate, I make a trip to the lureplant away from my base with all the trash in my inventory, so I don't need to make trips constantly.

If you have that much trash, you can set it up closer to your main hub. I prefer to use the space for building which is why I set it up further.

This mod can come in handy for the location of the eyes.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273382163

If it is urgent and can't wait till day 40, there's always the boat method.

Yeah, it's not urgent, I just think it'd be handy. I play on PS4 by the way, thanks anyway though! 

Sincerely,

Cactus

Day 40 is around 5.5 hours into playing. There's plenty to throw away by that point. Do I have to state exactly what?

I have asked you multiple times now to do that, yes. I'm on a public private server that's midway into spring and there isn't a single item that needs to be destroyed yet, I can't imagine having so many that you need a garbage can in the first autumn or winter.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

I have asked you multiple times now to do that, yes. I'm on a public private server that's midway into spring and there isn't a single item that needs to be destroyed yet, I can't imagine having so many that you need a garbage can in the first autumn or winter.

Again, it isn't NEEDED! It's just a nice thing to have. Why do we have a Rain-o-meter? Why do we have a Thermal Measurer? It's just a nice thing to have. 

Anywho. Since you asked.

Things:

• Low durability helmets/armor/tools (Not Burnable) 
  • Rot (Like 1-2 pieces)
  • Small amounts of stingers
  • Un-eatable food. (Candies that can't be eaten, definitely as a Wigfrid main.)
  • Nitre in low amounts
  • Un-needed stuff. (Thulecite Fragments n' stuff.)

I could keep going, but you get the point.

Sincerely,

Cactus

Things:

• Rot (Like 1-2 pieces)
  • Nitre in low amounts

1. break them

2. burn it

3. craft repair boards, stack them, drop them in a meteor field or just come back in a while when you're going to have a lureplant

4. leave it on the ground for mobs to eat

5. make salt licks, or just keep it since you have a low amount anyway?

6. drop in the sea (or don't rush ruins)

Sincerly, 

Me

2 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Why do we have a Rain-o-meter? Why do we have a Thermal Measurer?

Because believe it or not, there used to be a time before everyone had a hundred client mods that tell them information they aren't supposed to know, and even to this day most players don't understand how the seasons work so without the mods those would be the only things telling them information about the seasons.

3 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

It's just a nice thing to have. 

It would be a bad thing to have both for the reason Hornete said and this reason:

On 1/14/2021 at 5:33 PM, Cheggf said:

Frankly I don't think a trash can that's easier to access than the already easy to access ones would be a very good idea, it would encourage people to throw anything they don't think is very useful away. But public players think a lot of stuff is not very useful.

You want to throw away rot, stingers, nitre, and thulecite fragments. Nevermind however you're amassing a bunch of nearly broken tools but can't just break them or take them to the next tool use session, you want to throw away valuable things. Maybe not a problem if you're hosting your own game, but your mindset will be shared with others and those people aren't always going to be on private servers.

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

1. break them

2. burn it

3. craft repair boards, stack them, drop them in a meteor field or just come back in a while when you're going to have a lureplant

4. leave it on the ground for mobs to eat

5. make salt licks, or just keep it since you have a low amount anyway?

6. drop in the sea (or don't rush ruins)

Sincerly, 

Me

Or here me out. There could be a trash can! Seems like a much easier option.

Sincerely,

Cactus

5 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Why do we have a Rain-o-meter? Why do we have a Thermal Measurer? It's just a nice thing to have. 

no, it has the use of knowing in which season we are and how much time is left and the rainometer to know if it will rain to prepare ahead for fights, without using mods

the trash 

6 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Things:

• Rot (Like 1-2 pieces)
  • Nitre in low amounts

shift+left click on all of that in a single spot and wait to spring to get your organic trash can

22 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

• Un-needed stuff. (Thulecite Fragments)

bruh

Anyways, half of the stuff in your list can be burnt or fed to a compost machine, though you might be kicking yourself in the rear later for disposing of some of these items.

Sincerely,

1bubbainpa

18 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Or here me out. There could be a trash can! Seems like a much easier option.

The much easier option is you don't carry thulecite fragments with you out of the ruins, then out of the village, then out of the wilds, then out of whatever bordering biomes and however many more, then up out of the caves through a loading screen, then back to your base, then think "Thulecite fragments? Yucky! Oh Kleeeei, let me delete these please!".

2 or 3 (never tried burning Christmas foods) of the things you want to delete are flammable, and of those one is even usable as fuel in fire pits.

2 of them are droppable in the ocean.

1 of them is a problem brought on by you being really weird with your tool usage.

And only one of them is really garbage. The much easier option is you just stop chopping one tree down then putting the axe on the floor, not having Klei do all the spritework and coding for a new item so that you can use resources to craft it to throw away these things you shouldn't be throwing away.

If you're on PC, which I assume you are since you can't fathom the idea that the Thermal Measurer is a structure, there are a wide variety of mods to choose from.

Having 2 rot and 3 nitre isn't a problem, and I don't know why you're acting like it is.

Actually I’m gonna agree with the trash can idea and the reason why is pretty obvious- Console technical limitations. 

We ALREADY can’t set our world settings to anything above default due to the fact it may make our systems explode.. so any loose items left laying around is just there to cause unnecessary lag.

Like for example: I play with random season start times and random season lengths- this is HIGHLY Important because normally I could just keep so many items I need for the predictable default weather seasons on me & not have to juggle inventory slots.

However: the moment you play on random season and season lengths you need to be prepared for everything: this means the Nitre, and the Eyebrella you normally wouldn’t be carrying around with you at all times have to be in your inventory and taking up inventory slots so you can handle the random weather as it happens.

As a result: Many, many MANY low durability weapons, armor, and items get thrown on the ground so they can be replaced with newly crafted 100% durability ones.

Sure: I may regroup back to that area later pick up that 3% axe and finish using it but for the most part: I would really love to be able to for example hold in Y on my Xbox controller to completely destroy it.

Lag is a SERIOUS problem for PS4/Xbox- and this is just one little feature that would help contain it.

not to mention it would help if Klei added other things to the game like almost completely cosmetic termites that eat loose wood, twigs, Pinecones,rot left laying around too long.

So TL:DR forget the Trash Can idea... just give me a prompt where I can hold in a button for X amount of seconds to send items to the void of no return.

Archived