• Webber Snowfallen
    • Winnona Snowfallen
    • Winnona Merrymaker
    • Warly Snowfallen
    • Wortox Snowfallen
    • Walter Snowfallen
    • I don't have a favorite skin
    • WX-78 Merrymaker
  2. 2. What skin do you think needs better visual improvement?

• Wilson Snowfallen
    • Willow Snowfallen
    • Wolfgang Snowfallen
    • Wendy Snowfallen
    • WX-78 Snowfallen
    • Wickerbottom Snowfallen
    • Woodie Merrymaker
    • Wes Merrymaker
    • Maxwell Merrymaker
    • Wigfrid Merrymaker
    • Webber Snowfallen
    • Winnona Snowfallen
    • Winnona Merrymaker
    • Warly Snowfallen
    • Wortox Snowfallen
    • Walter Snowfallen
    • They are all good
    • WX-78 Merrymaker

Celebrating recent 2021, hopefully everyone have a great holidays! What skin do you like the most in the winter collection? Also tell which skin, if any, you would like to have a bit of visual improvement.

1.png.44fe9c862f033ab075f0d7f60233a6ef.png2.png.dc1175bc311ee7a8bf2fa8ebc6b1053c.png3.png.62b28a73a5353df3b69d9552c8411697.png4.png.e2efbd2b8f62446c7140bf679825aa5f.png5.png.2b4246c043bf4c184fb01a9370390fc9.png6.png.bd4fc2e736dd1874baded82c96482521.png7.png.7634f128ff0b5aaff6101ef327c4af41.png8.png.15349b4768bbfe74d21457a0f5489f7f.png9.png.452ceddfc0b8e1aad98861422a3d1bc8.png10.png.de22d68be95c2711f85796d5e3cff603.png11.png.bef377f3c88b57c58836b3a867f49ef0.png12.png.4412e9b9d17e9a3887f9bb4d2aea6364.png12_1.png.f6884d4716a853a96b81255bdd78990b.png13.png.531551954440d89986c9ae364db753d3.png14.png.a2d68f1518deae62f1d44a9971167d6c.png15.png.1ca5ac144871c9a5e87e31fd97760407.pngNut.png.012e4f1d4b532846f44f6124f084b09a.png

my faves are willow, walter and warly just because the components work so well with other clothing items, my least favs are walter and wes because both have problems with their faces which is the most imortant part of most established character designs(wes' cheeks dont match any other wes heads or any other survivors. walter still only has one eyebrow for a lot of his animations)

for sure though all of them have good and bad points which makes it hard to be definite on best and worst

I think the first snowfallen set is flawless. i remember seeing it in a lot of ppls top three in the favorite skin set thread. (for me its prob 4th after verdant, roseate and triumphant). My favorites of the set are Wickerbottom, Wendy and Willow. their heads are so unique, especially Wendy's hair. The Merrymaker set is also really well done, Wigfrid is the standout for me followed by Maxwell (Wes is still rocking that same parrot beak however which i cant get over xD). I really really hope Wormwood and Wurt will get to join either of these collections next year. 

The second snowfallen set im less enamored by probably partially because i dont play any of those characters. Winona's head and rings are really nice. Walter looks cute but his missing eyebrow is a huge eyesore for me. 

19 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Walter's missing eyebrow has lead me to have a headcanon that Walter has Trichotillomania

No, its just made so that the eyebrow doesnt overlap with the hair (that's the drawback of abandonning hair_front instead of fixing it), when he blinks you actually see his second eyebrow. Strangely enough that is not the case for the snowfallen, maybe they just forgot, but you can see it in the salute
BkDfJny.png

Just now, Fuffles said:

No, its just made so that the eyebrow doesnt overlap with the hair (that's the drawback of abandonning hair_front instead of fixing it), when he blinks you actually see his second eyebrow. Strangely enough that is not the case for the snowfallen, maybe they just forgot

I know, but I still like to think that he does have Trichotillomania.

I hate Wortox's horns hide when using some hats, like Walrus'. He should always show those beauties.

Also, hooray for more skins that change his tail to fluffy. I'd really love Klei if they made the tail a sepparate part (like beard) and it matched the skin's color.

7 hours ago, gaymime said:

my faves are willow, walter and warly just because the components work so well with other clothing items, my least favs are walter and wes because both have problems with their faces which is the most imortant part of most established character designs(wes' cheeks dont match any other wes heads or any other survivors. walter still only has one eyebrow for a lot of his animations)

for sure though all of them have good and bad points which makes it hard to be definite on best and worst

Why did you have to point out that walter only has one eyebrow? Now I cant unsee it, thanks.

Wigfrid's is the only one I really like. I'm not a fan of seasonal skins in games. Every game with skins does it and they always look weird to me out of season. It sticks out even more to me because this game has actual seasons. Wortox's bothers me the most because I feel like it was a missed chance to do a wendigo skin.

4 minutes ago, FairyInABottle said:

Wigfrid's is the only one I really like. I'm not a fan of seasonal skins in games. Every game with skins does it and they always look weird to me out of season. It sticks out even more to me because this game has actual seasons. Wortox's bothers me the most because I feel like it was a missed chance to do a wendigo skin.

that would be in really bad taste though and i am thinking klei isnt that tone-deaf, you know?

14 minutes ago, gaymime said:

that would be in really bad taste though and i am thinking klei isnt that tone-deaf, you know?

How so? DST has a lot of horror elements. Shadow monsters, cannibalism, delusions, insanity, suicidal thoughts, etc. It's a game about surviving starvation. A monster born of cannibalism fits. Just give him a skin with a deer skull for a head. If anything it'd be nice to see Native American mythological creatures represented more often.

2 minutes ago, FairyInABottle said:

How so? DST has a lot of horror elements. Shadow monsters, cannibalism, delusions, insanity, suicidal thoughts, etc. It's a game about surviving starvation. A monster born of cannibalism fits. Just give him a skin with a deer skull for a head. If anything it'd be nice to see Native American mythological creatures represented more often.

wendigos aren't just regular spooky things though. they are both a serious and dark representation that is taken seriously by the people whose culture they come from as well as a shorthand for some really messed up and medically dubious(at the very best) excuses to ostracize and villianize first nations people

it would be like giving one of the survivors a nazi skin. it is not impossible and there are many people who wouldnt be upset but it would be really inappropriate and not acceptable to do

Archived