Abigail's petal debuff should be removed and given to Wigfrid

16 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

2nd highest DPS, can kill mobs en masse by pressing rmb on her flower, most popular character in DST. I think a nerf wouldn't hurt her at all.

Idk why but reading this made me laugh I'm not sure why tho I do agree wendy is very powerful the only time I see wendy players die is to starvation, darkness, or sanity which while not impossible dying from combat isn't common for wendy aside from nightmares that being said I kinda wish Bernie! Got another look I like his design but we have too little control over his transformation.

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

As a Wendy main I will admit that Abigail is over powered- but what everyone who probably doesn’t main Wendy is Completely over looking is that it takes a significant amount of time, setup costs, resources to get her to that level- I have to build Sisturn, fuel Sisturn, monitor and care for Sisturn replacing spoiled petals when needed, explore graveyards, locate lost things for a brand new Wendy exclusive Mob and craft potions to improve Abigails effectiveness-

SURELY you don’t just think Abigail becomes this unstoppable wrecking machine on her own do you???

People that play them could also argue that it takes a significant amount of time, setup cost and resources for wolf and wicker to do their things, but it doesn't make them any less strong when considering that by doing so they save way more time and maybe resources while possibly taking less risks than other characters that can't do the same. If Wes went through double the trouble you said you go to set up abigail, should he be allowed to be stronger than wendy, wolfgang or wickerbottom?
Imagine Tanos Wes, he gathers one gem of each collor, pops a ballon and half of the constant explodes.

About wendy, I played a lot of her after the refresh, you don't need to  build a sisturn, if you take proper care of abigail she won't die and it's quite easy to do so, in console there is a button to recall her to the flower if she is ever at danger of dying, her hp also regens with time at a rate of 1 per second. Even if she dies it'll only take 3-4 in games days for her to be at 600 hp again and that is without a sisturn. The potions... unless for espefic situations like bosses or a big hound wave during day time... abigail works perfectly fine without them. The potions are an extra, not a necessity, as is the sisturn, and are also not what makes wendy current interation strong - her single target higher damage output than most characters because of her interaction with abigail while also being able to deal with most small to medium mobs really easily and buff the team damage is.

4 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

People that play them could also argue that it takes a significant amount of time, setup cost and resources for wolf and wicker to do their things, but it doesn't make them any less strong when considering that by doing so they save way more time and maybe resources while possibly taking less risks than other characters that can't do the same. If Wes went through double the trouble you said you go to set up abigail, should he be allowed to be stronger than wendy, wolfgang or wickerbottom?
Imagine Tanos Wes, he gathers one gem of each collor, pops a ballon and half of the constant explodes.

About wendy, I played a lot of her after the refresh, you don't need to  build a sisturn, if you take proper care of abigail she won't die and it's quite easy to do so, in console there is a button to recall her to the flower if she is ever at danger of dying, her hp also regens with time at a rate of 1 per second. Even if she dies it'll only take 3-4 in games days for her to be at 600 hp again and that is without a sisturn. The potions... unless for espefic situations like bosses or a hound wave during day time... abigail works perfectly fine without them. The potions are an extra, not a necessity, as is the sisturn, and are also not what makes wendy current interation strong - her single target higher damage output than most characters because of her interaction with abigail while also being able to deal with most small to medium mobs really easily and buff the team damage is.

Very accurate. I honestly cant stop laughing at all the people acting like the character will become crippled or unusable. I'll say again that I used to main Wendy and the "she needs a lot of prep" argument is completely false. Most bosses need at least 2 potions and at most 4. The materials can be easily obtained in a single days time. They considerably lowered the needed distance to obtain the morning glorys. Never in my time using her did I need outside help and I cant imagine how much easier it becomes with multiple people. With a second or even third person the probability of abigail dying is far, far less. With 3 people they can all (all 4 counting abigail) can share the damage allowing the petal debuff to have 100 uptime. This is all at 0 prep! The debuff becomes more and more ridiculous the more entities present. Rather than get rid of it though... I think it should be given to wigfrid.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Rather than get rid of it though... I think it should be given to wigfrid.

You have not once explained why you think a character that is already over powered with tons of good perks.. needs a perk to make her even more Overpowered.

You just say take away from Wendy and Give to Wigfrid, it seems kind of Lame.. 

Wigfrid should have a Team Rally Battle Cry, That impacts team mates that are Near her and only if they are wearing her Specially crafted Helmets (Truly harnessing the Power of the Unicorn) 

But Wigfrid Herself a Tanky character with vampire Stats (which I effectively used to Solo both Dragonfly and Ancient Guardian with and with minimal healing items on hand) does NOT need a direct damage buff perk to things she is attacking like Abigails petal buff.

Not wig don't need this buff wig need easier crafts to her poweres and some tweaks in some of them like 6s or 8s of mobs being scared and the power to focus enemy attetion should catch the boss attetion to her for some seconds even if someone else hit the boss, wig is supossed to be the tank  of team although wolfgang do this better BUT she's is the tank and don't need power to make her more DPS i don't like all of her powers since i think Klei could done a better job giving here more usefulls powers but she don't need to do more  damage and wendy is only powerfull against bee queen any other mob can be easily defeated by any other character so is not valid point saying that she don't need this power because she does this unique thing better than someone else is like the comment which i hear from people who hate wicker because she can grow resources in a large scale. 

Abigail damage is only powerfull on  night, do you really fight bee queen in the dark? or more realistic do you really kill anything in the darkness? the only time we must fight in the darkness  is dear clops and talking again about bee queen, abigail can do night damage even in  the day but this makes impossible to use the regen potion  since you  can't stack abigail potions so  or you deal 40dmg on day or give her the  regeneration and again is only in one boss,  wendy is only "OP" if you have  a lot of wendys since the area damage is insane but if you put in this way,  4 wolfgang can beat bee queen even faster and  a lot of spiders nest either. 

Wig may need some powers or tweak in her skills but not abigail buff. 

12 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

Wigfrid. is. strong. enough.

And Wendys buff doesnt come into play that much given that there arent many enemies that abigail excels at killing with her AoE that needs Wendy to help her out, and if you send abigail against a boss then you are just asking for her to be killed

few bosses can kill her in few hits, a lot of them give you room to use elixirs to heal her

the debuff is good but doesnt make sense to have debuff+old damage

16 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Very accurate. I honestly cant stop laughing at all the people acting like the character will become crippled or unusable. I'll say again that I used to main Wendy and the "she needs a lot of prep" argument is completely false. Most bosses need at least 2 potions and at most 4. The materials can be easily obtained in a single days time. They considerably lowered the needed distance to obtain the morning glorys. Never in my time using her did I need outside help and I cant imagine how much easier it becomes with multiple people. With a second or even third person the probability of abigail dying is far, far less. With 3 people they can all (all 4 counting abigail) can share the damage allowing the petal debuff to have 100 uptime. This is all at 0 prep! The debuff becomes more and more ridiculous the more entities present. Rather than get rid of it though... I think it should be given to wigfrid.

I don't necessarily think they should get rid of the petal damage buff, I just think being able to easily deal with waves of small enemies, while also giving 10% damage buff to the team and on top of that deal x 1,155 damage - not counting abigail's AOE damage - to targets affected by petals to be a bit too much. The only thing I would change on wendy would be for her damage when attacking the same target as abigail to be somewhere between 0,95 and 1,05 - a small single target damage nerf.

About who this damage buff should belong to... I don't actually have a strong opinion on this, I'd be happy with either wendy or wig to have it, on wendy it's a really cool reward mechanic for working with her sister, the downside being that if abi is too low hp or dies you have to deal way less damage than other characters. On wigfrid it would also make sense, but in this case especifically thematically, her being able to inspire the team with her song to perform better with their attacks makes sense. That said, I wouldn't like if wig buffed her own damage or at most it could be half as effective on her (5%). Wigfrid is strong already, there are reasons for klei choosing to go for a tamer route for her refresh, by buffing her damage you would only be walking towards unbalance. Although, I'd be up for tweaks on some of her songs, like the fire resistance one.

Some characters have downsides that bug you throughout your entire gameplay such as Wurt's veganism or Wormwood's sanity loss when choping wood. Some characters on the other hand have downsides that will bug you and make your gameplay harder unless you learn how to utilize their upsides. Such as Woodie's increased treeguard spawning unless you're a werebeaver or Wendy's lower damage unless you utilize Abigail.

I think Wendy is fine. You can't fight bosses with Abigail unless you make some potions and let her level up.

If a player does that then they're simply rewarded for their effort, same as Wolfgang who managed to amass enough food to stay mighty or Wurt who built Flort-ifications and spawned King of Merms.

heya everyone 

so i died........but hey im back now so what we talking about?oh giving abigails petal buff to wigfrid.........why?

wigfrid is already strong as she was before her rework now with her rework she has some new songs that help her and her friends in combat  and those songs are really good if you have a group of 6 people or higher so giving her another buff isn't really needed in my opinion 

and nerfing abigail is a no from me because while she might be really strong she ain't invincible she can still die and especially if you leave her to fight a lot of things at the same time. that petal buff was added to give you a reason to go help her fight so she wouldn't die and so the fight could go on faster also because 

people are stronger when they work together *confetti*

a small buff i do want removed is the light that abigail provides when at level 3 not because i use it but because some newer players might start relying on it all the time

I think Wendy is a bit too powerful in general and her petal system shouldn't be on any character as it's just too powerful.

Warly already supplies other characters with a damage buff, no one else should really have this power over Warly.   Abigail practically plays 90% of the game for Wendy already, so having the petal system is just overkill. It's really crazy how much easier the entire game gets when you play as Wendy.

You know people always say that Wendy's single Target damage is too much damage but if you're not prepared the only bosses that she actually affects which are the ones that you would want single Target damage AR bee queen goose toadstool  and dragonfly you can also add in tree guards and spider Queens if you want.

These bosses are really the only ones affected by it because they have single target attacks so it's possible to take advantage of tanking with Wendy so that way you can have Abigail be alive for a good duration of the fight 

Honestly  I really like what @Scrimbles does in the uncompromising mod to balance out wendy  which was not removing her buff outright but instead giving all bosses aoe attacks. Having that does provide more of a fair challenge  exclusive to  wendy  and webber rather than just removing stats  since regular players don't need to worry about aoe since they are already 1v1

1 hour ago, EsaiXD said:

You know people always say that Wendy's single Target damage is too much damage but if you're not prepared the only bosses that she actually affects which are the ones that you would want single Target damage AR bee queen goose toadstool  and dragonfly you can also add in tree guards and spider Queens if you want.

These bosses are really the only ones affected by it because they have single target attacks so it's possible to take advantage of tanking with Wendy so that way you can have Abigail be alive for a good duration of the fight 

Honestly  I really like what @Scrimbles does in the uncompromising mod to balance out wendy  which was not removing her buff outright but instead giving all bosses aoe attacks. Having that does provide more of a fair challenge  exclusive to  wendy  and webber rather than just removing stats  since regular players don't need to worry about aoe since they are already 1v1

What about Fuelweaver, Antlion, Malbatross and Crab king?
Klaus is clunky to pull off because of abi possibly damaging the deers as well, but if done properly the extra damage is still extremely useful.
I can only think of 3 bosses abi is not effective against: Ancient Guardian, Deerclops and Beager.

The idea about giving bosses AOE attacks options is interesting, but a character not focused on fighting dealing x1,155 damage + abi dps is implausible when considering her other capabilities and that the average character deals x1,0.

Wendy’s Weakness is Shadow Monsters.. how many times do I have to keep telling people that? that means Crawling Horror, TerrorBeak, TerrorClaw, Shadow Boss, Etc.. Abigail will not attack these Enemies at all, Meaning the buff that Abigails petals give never goes into effect while fighting these MEANING that Wendy’s less damage downside is in full effect against these monsters.. AND I would kindly like to remind everyone that the last Big Return of Them update LITERALLY had you trigger a war zone where Shadow Monsters will spawn more frequently.

Any additional Shadow monsters Klei adds to the game will also impact this downside.

I strongly feel like this game would benefit greatly from ripping a page out of Pokémon’s book. 

(Aka- Every character in the entire game has mob types that they’re stronger then any other character choice at fighting, and then there’s a mob that they are the weakest character in the entire game against fighting.)

Your wanting to remove Wendy’s team buff that is actually pretty good at helping a team, and apply it onto Wigfrid who already has her own abilities to help a team with, I truly don’t get why- and you still haven’t explained why you feel it should be taken off Abigail and put on Wigfrid.

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

abi does damage to shadow chess pieces and fw

That should probably be patched then, because Abigail won’t attack normal shadows or the newer RoT Shadows at all-

The only reason it Shouldn’t be patched is for Solo players maybe? I dunno *shrugs*

bosses and shadows are 100% permanently avoidable. the lesser creatures are not and this is where abigail shines the most

I don't think anyone even wants abigail to stop maiming lesser beasts for free. all that's wanted is for her to not apply that debuff thingie that  completely negates any semblance of a downside for wendy.

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

bosses and shadows are 100% permanently avoidable. the lesser creatures are not and this is where abigail shines the most

I don't think anyone even wants abigail to stop maiming lesser beasts for free. all that's wanted is for her to not apply that debuff thingie that  completely negates any semblance of a downside for wendy.

With the debuff abi is useful in a multiplayer enviroment and makes the player fight

Having 40 aoe damage with debuff will change nothing about abi facerolling everymob

Shadows are not avoidable since the bug fix

Having an abi with less flat damage but maintaining the debuff will make her strong but weak enough to make wendy fight with her

Having all bosses with aoe damage to prevent using abi is an horrible idea

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

That buff was added to encourage players to attack things alongside Abigail rather than just standing idly by at 1% Hp and letting Abigail do all the work for you while you sit and watch.

It encourages other players to actually FIGHT the things Abigail is attacking.. for example: It is significantly easier for me to kill Dragonfly if a NOOB player who has no clue what they’re doing joins the world as Wendy and uses her Riled up mode to attack the Dragonfly- I get the needed damage buff, the other player doesn’t have to do much of nothing else but keep Abigail alive.

I like it and I think it makes the game more easily accessible to the solo or two to three group players.

Though if it’s as broken as y’all claim- maybe the buff is rendered ineffective if 4 or more players are in the server.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That buff was added to encourage players to attack things alongside Abigail rather than just standing idly by at 1% Hp and letting Abigail do all the work for you while you sit and watch.

no one is saying the first variant of the wendy rework was good or wanted to keep that.

I think a lot of people are just going by the title at this point. They keep bringing up wendy's buff when fighting along side abigail. This is NOT about that. Its about that debuff being applied to everyone else! Its completely broken as it does not scale appropriately with the number of players/mobs. What Im saying is that it would make more since for wigfrid to have a perk that boost the damage of others. So far no one has come up with a good argument other than "oh no thats my favorite character dont nerf her!" Or "It encourages other people to fight too!". I can say that, NO, people are NOT encouraged to fight alongside abigail when dealing with small mobs. Why would you? Waste durability on a weapon when you can have all those spiders dead for free? Even when fighting bosses on her own she can, for example, kill dragonfly in a day ON HER OWN (wendy+abi). She does NOT need the extra damage (the damage increase applied to mobs not wendy! Stop confusing the two.) that is coming out of thin air for no reason. It would be far more balanced if it was turned into a tonic instead. On the other hand Wigfrid giving others a damage boost makes more sence and if Wendy got one why not the litteral BARD. If the answer is "because shes already powerful!" Then why in the seven hells does Wendy have it when we all damn well know shes incredibly strong without it. Do you realise how hypocritical most of you are sounding?  

56 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Do you realise how hypocritical most of you are sounding?  

Well, Wigfrid is honestly pretty Overpowered in her own rights.. with the new Stagecraft songs, she doesn’t really Need the damage buff thing too.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Songs

The only problem I personally have with her songs on Xbox is how there can literally be nothing worthwhile to fight around for long periods in between one another, and the Inspiration required to use these songs drains too quickly to effectively USE the song scrolls outside of a boss fight.

I really wish they would look into “slight” improvements to Wigfrid.. but Sanity gain and Health Vampirism for an entire team that is near her plus songs that make enemies run away from her in fear, are powerful enough as they are I think.

(By the way I’m a Wendy main first, Wigfrid main second)

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

I think a lot of people are just going by the title at this point. They keep bringing up wendy's buff when fighting along side abigail. This is NOT about that. Its about that debuff being applied to everyone else! Its completely broken as it does not scale appropriately with the number of players/mobs. What Im saying is that it would make more since for wigfrid to have a perk that boost the damage of others. So far no one has come up with a good argument other than "oh no thats my favorite character dont nerf her!" Or "It encourages other people to fight too!". I can say that, NO, people are NOT encouraged to fight alongside abigail when dealing with small mobs. Why would you? Waste durability on a weapon when you can have all those spiders dead for free? Even when fighting bosses on her own she can, for example, kill dragonfly in a day ON HER OWN (wendy+abi). She does NOT need the extra damage (the damage increase applied to mobs not wendy! Stop confusing the two.) that is coming out of thin air for no reason. It would be far more balanced if it was turned into a tonic instead. On the other hand Wigfrid giving others a damage boost makes more sence and if Wendy got one why not the litteral BARD. If the answer is "because shes already powerful!" Then why in the seven hells does Wendy have it when we all damn well know shes incredibly strong without it. Do you realise how hypocritical most of you are sounding?  

The petal makes her actually contribute to the team directly then just allowing them to ride off the coattails of her spoils. It allows her to actually contribute to combat in a meaningful way instead of just being the a weaker Wilson with a temporary boost of 40 flat damage, the petals allowing for both the player and the their teammates to feel that they are helping the entire team with their abilities instead of just being additional meat sack with a weapon. This is in combination with the fact that it makes her more engaging with the fact that it forces the Wendy to fight with Abigail in boss fights instead of just having the two be separate entities, a point you tried to hand wave away as not being as important as the idea that teamwork works better with more team. I understand that you are trying to say that you don't need it if all they are focused on is small mobs, and you are right. it would be pointless if there were only small enemies to battle, but that is not the case. DST is filled to the brim with baddies that aren't that small, and require whole lot more then the average spider to take down, and that is where the petals are supposed to be the most utilized. It helps makes sure that the Wendy in question isn't entirely screwed when facing bosses, as she is in RoG. She just simply has to watch on as the bosses rekt Abigail and then has to clean up after the minimal damage they did with her lower damage, it just makes the two cooperate more, as they should. Wendy helps Abi survive, and Abi helps Wendy kill faster. Even if they can kill Dfly in a day, that most likely was done with things like optimal equipment and proper resource management, two things that should be considered an outlier instead of a general trend. It also just works better for what Wendy's kit originally was intended for, but simply doesn't for Wigfrid.

Wigfrid was never made to focus on the sheer numbers but rather differing effects that could contribute to your survival during a fight, a fact only reinforced with her rework as all of her scrolls never directly make any impact on making a fight shorter or longer, but rather allowing the player to get away with less resources needing to be used. To simplify, even with her initial design in RoG, her main perk was focused around the idea of increasing survivalability of a fight/lessening the amount of recovery during and after instead of actively trying to make a fight last short then intended. While she does have a damage boost, that doesn't mean that she is built around that. Wendy, on the other hand, was always about assisting other while they did the bulk of the work. While she could survive in RoG, she was always relying on Abigail to keep her safe. The rework further this idea as all they changed improved how Wendy interacts and helps with Abigail, while leaving Wendy entirely unchanged. The petal buff, in turn, is not out line with the rest of her character design it allows others to assist Abigail like she does.

Overall, could it work? I guess, but it also wouldn't fit into Wigfrid's idea of survivability in face of outputs, and would tip the precious balance that she has maintained for so long, allowing for the petal boost whenever she wants, on top of her innate damage modifier, which would broken if it is only contained within one character instead of spread out into multiple.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well, Wigfrid is honestly pretty Overpowered in her own rights.. with the new Stagecraft songs, she doesn’t really Need the damage buff thing too.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Songs

The only problem I personally have with her songs on Xbox is how there can literally be nothing worthwhile to fight around for long periods in between one another, and the Inspiration required to use these songs drains too quickly to effectively USE the song scrolls outside of a boss fight.

I really wish they would look into “slight” improvements to Wigfrid.. but Sanity gain and Health Vampirism for an entire team that is near her plus songs that make enemies run away from her in fear, are powerful enough as they are I think.

(By the way I’m a Wendy main first, Wigfrid main second)

She isn't overpowered, the songs are nice and add some great lore but outside of the health regen one they are honestly not that strong.

She has a meaningful downside that does require playing around even if there are plenty of fairly simple solutions to get around it. She has a unique playstyle. Yes she is strong but I really wouldn't call her overpowered, if anything Wendy is just as strong. I honestly think the only genuinely overpowered character is Wolfgang, yeah WX can get crazy good stats but he has no unique structures/items etc and is just all about pure survival (increased stats, can eat food that is going bad, can eat gears in emergencies) and Wicker just got some pretty big nerfs with the farming update. Double damage is simply too much and trivializes a large portion of the game, in the recent thread about Crab King Beeclops showed me that Wolfgang can literally just out damage Crab King's healing spell without cancelling any part of it (he heals something like 800 per heal..) by just hitting him the entire time while its raining and with volt jelly. No other character can do this and it makes me wonder what other crazy things he can do against other bosses by skipping entire attacks or phases entirely.

You are probably right that she doesn't need another damage boost in the form of a song though as nice as that would be.... I just wish she would get some tiny update giving her a new song or replacing the useless fire one. Most other reworks or updates lately that got plenty of feedback received tweaks and minor updates based on what the community had to say - Wigfrid did not receive any tweaks at all.

Completely agree that it is unfortunate we cannot use songs outside of boss battles and the whole inspiration/song mechanic doesn't work against mobs. Pretty sure most of us Wigfrid mains will always be disappointed by this but what can you do.

28 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Completely agree that it is unfortunate we cannot use songs outside of boss battles and the whole inspiration/song mechanic doesn't work against mobs. Pretty sure most of us Wigfrid mains will always be disappointed by this but what can you do.

Honestly I sort of wish that the songs had a durability on them on how many uses they could be used for. 
The inspiration meter is great in theory.. but unless Klei Seriously plans to heavily spruce up the empty familiar biomes of the world up with exciting new mobs and content before we see return of them’s conclusion- then the only use the songs ever actual get is when she is always engaged in a battle or boss fight.

Now as someone who has played games My entire life-time I easily see patterns in things, or well: I like to dream of how much better a feature could have been-

For example.. Wigfrids song that scares away enemies would have been great for something like startling away cookie cutters that are headed to munch down your boat, the problem with that is the songs all require Inspiration she does not have to use..

Scraping the Inspiration meter entirely and giving stagecraft scrolls a use durability MIGHT would help.. but then again- I’m no game designer and I don’t know how broken that might would end up being, and I also obviously have no idea what Klei’s plans to add, change or remove throughout the course of their updates are.

A 3 second, Abigail petal-like “Battle Cry” where she boosts her team mates who are near her and wearing her helms might be decent.. but even that would struggle to be effective if the inspiration meter remains to drain so quickly in between bouts of combat and it also sounds like what the Startling Song should do (boost team damage while causing enemies to run away in fear BECAUSE you have boosted team damage)

Basically if any of you play SMITE: Erlang Shang’s combat shout.

But if you do the maths.. Increasing the durability of weapons is technically the same thing as a damage buff- your still getting more effective use out of your weapon against the foe your facing

so honestly I don’t know what she needs. I just hope that Return of Them updates improve her (such as adding more fire based enemies to make fireproof song more useful)

Archived