Abigail's petal debuff should be removed and given to Wigfrid

48 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

You are saying wendy have better dps than wigfird, but that only when she fighting dummy that stand still and deal 0 damage. In real game situation, abi die in the first 10 secs of the fight when she fight any mob that equal or larger than treeguard without any potion. After that , with .75 damage modifiers, i believe "wes"dy will take quite a long time to take down any bosses. The .4 extra damage modifier are for wendies that know how to protect abi during the fight.

Vs smaller mobs, ofcourse that was abi design to do.

if abi dies in 10seconds you are doing something wrong

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if abi dies in 10seconds you are doing something wrong

If you are doing nothing wrong, then you deserve the damage buff.
that the whole point, do you even read?

And there are nothing wrong with it, treeguard deal 105/150/186 damage every 3 sec, and if you dont make sure you are the one agroo treeguard right before it hit, it deal damage at 1/4/7/10 secs after combat start, at middle size tg deal exact 600 damage to abi. at large size it deal 744 damage to abi.

So if you kite treeguard normally without synching with abi, it only take 4 hit, which take 10 secs after combat stat to kill abi.

45 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

If you are doing nothing wrong, then you deserve the damage buff.
that the whole point, do you even read?

And there are nothing wrong with it, treeguard deal 105/150/186 damage every 3 sec, and if you dont make sure you are the one agroo treeguard right before it hit, it deal damage at 1/4/7/10 secs after combat start, at middle size tg deal exact 600 damage to abi. at large size it deal 744 damage to abi.

So if you kite treeguard normally without synching with abi, it only take 4 hit, which take 10 secs after combat stat to kill abi.

I dont consider her op because having more damage than wigfrid. Actually is fun to have the mechanic of making a good job have a damage bost

She is "op" because she has more damage than wigfrid AND also negates hound atacks and splumonkeys without any player interaction. Hound waves are one of the most important surviving limitators of the game and she counters it easily and without any work to obtain it, is a mobile free trap field

Also is "hard" to lose her in most of boss fights because of how slowly bosses atack so you can keep the aggro on you and, if she is hurt, will be only 60, 75 or 100 damage/600 total hp but that isnt the point. That is what makes her more fun than before

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

She is "op" because she has more damage than wigfrid AND also negates hound atacks and splumonkeys without any player interaction.

I think you misunderstood and think that wendy is not combatant. Wendy is 100% combatant along with wigfird and wolfgang. Again, as i said, she only deal more damage than wigfrid if target is dummy that stand still. As a combatant specially vs herds of enemies, that was abigail design to kill hound or splumonkey.

Wendy have no special ability related to cooking/building/farming (her sisturn may give boost of sanity, but mainly for recover abigail, a combat ally). Now you expect to remove this combat ability of her?
Also you misunderstood wigfird ability. She is not mean to be dps, she is mean to be tank, that why her battle helm is super cheap + easy to farm and she gain healing in battle song.

And as combatant, there are nothing wrong for wendy to deal as much as damage or even higher damage than wigfrid in some cases.

14 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

I think you misunderstood and think that wendy is not combatant. Wendy is 100% combatant along with wigfird and wolfgang. Again, as i said, she only deal more damage than wigfrid if target is dummy that stand still. As a combatant specially vs herds of enemies, that was abigail design to kill hound or splumonkey.

Wendy have no special ability related to cooking/building/farming (her sisturn may give boost of sanity, but mainly for recover abigail, a combat ally). Now you expect to remove this combat ability of her?
Also you misunderstood wigfird ability. She is not mean to be dps, she is mean to be tank, that why her battle helm is super cheap + easy to farm and she gain healing in battle song.

And as combatant, there are nothing wrong for wendy to deal as much as damage or even higher damage than wigfrid in some cases.

Please read again what i said. I find fun to have good dps what i find a non sense and boring is that abi counters huge hound waves (and other dangerous situation with multiple enemies) for free nut in adition to this she has wigfrid damage to kill big bad boys so she is the best at crowd controll and she is one of the best boss killers 

But being good at killing bosses is fun, being afk and survive a hound wave no

I'm confused about is people are arguing stuff that Wendy already had. Like she was already a boss at killing hordes of enemies she already could kill ant lion on her own before the rework and in reality the only thing that stopped you from really going ham was that you could only summon four abigails before you went insane and that Abigail had no shield and she would get stun locked. She still gets stun locked if a lot of things hit her but then you're able to dismiss her but for that duration your without an Abigail most likely surrounded by a whole bunch of enemies or a boss. And you're most likely going to have to run away until she heals up.

Wendy was always powerful because everything in the game comes at you in hordes. Most characters don't respond well to hordes most would just make teeth traps or or some other things to help deal with Hound waves or any other group of enemies

Wendy's downside still is apparent she's not good at fighting bosses try solo any boss in the game with Wendy and Abigail and you will still have a harder time dealing with them then you would any other character

We're talking about how when they can survive on her own yet other characters are able to completely amass armies of mobs(wurt webber wicker) or killer death traps(wicker winona) or others are able to farm resources limitlessly(wurt maxwell woodie wicker woodworm)  there are others who are in more into in the combat and surviving fights better (wolf wigfrid wendy wortox ) and you got your general survivalists that really dont have any real conclusive benefits  but all have a small aid to survivalist thier own ways  (Wilson willow Walter warly wx)

You really got to look at what you're fighting for hence why we really should not be trying to step on each survivors toes because everyone has their niche.

Everyone likes to play the game differently but just because people say they want to try and optimize it's usually the reason why we fight between our survivors.

It's very the Christmas season I say we all just find our optimized play style what we like to do and just roll with it whether it be farming killing or survival

Hi, Wendy main here: I would like to know how people are using Abigail to kill bosses. Please and Thanks :)

Because every time I try it.. Abigail dies and then I die BECAUSE I let Abigail die.

You guys must consider Controller limitations when discussing proper game balance- if your playing on a Controller you have to be standing within spear slapping distance of Abigail to get the prompt to return her back to her flower for safe healing, And with that being pretty much impossible: She’s in the fight for the long haul until dead.

So whoever has been using Abigail to kill bosses (which she is most definitely NOT intended to do and from my experience BERNIE is actually better at fighting bosses than Abi..) I want to see you do it on a Playstation or Xbox and bound to Button Prompts to summon/return, Soothe/Rile Abigail.. I also want to know what potions your using and what strategies your using

Because #Wendy Main.. and I can tell you for a fact Treeguards and Spider Queens (let alone bosses) make quick work of Abigail an that’s even WITH potions applied to her.

I mean I honestly would love to see someone playing an Console using a Xbox controller beat bosses with Abigail, because in my experience with it... I’ve failed miserably.

Wigfrid on the other hand... all I needed was two Snurtle Shell Armors and 2 Football Helms, a Single Hambat and 4 healing foods, to Murder Ancient Guardian with.

32 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

But being good at killing bosses is fun, being afk and survive a hound wave no

Abi doesnt that counter hound wave, abi can only deal vs hound wave when she have full 600 hp. When she at 150, around 3~5 hound is enuf to kill abi.
And because abi is strong vs spider or monkey doesnt mean she is that op. The are bunch of mobs wendy cant deal with even with abi. Worm wave, tentacles (abi cant deal damage to them while they hide, and wendy cant agroo them while they on ground right before they target abi), shadow creature(with .75 damage modifier, wendy have harder time to deal with nightmares), bosses that deal aoe (bearger, deerclops) or even normal bosses when you dont have enough friends to tank for abi.
Also it impossible to make sure you make 100% agroo on boss right before it hit because how abi tick damage work (she does tick every 0.966 secs, and that tick either deal damage or not, so if you run away from boss right before it hit, there still a chance abi deal last tick before she run) Trust me, i even made a client side mod to caculate abi damage and by learning how abi damage work, it impossible to hit it frame perfect unless you know exactly how many frame when boss start attack to abi attack. On averange, there 33% change boss target abi when only wendy + abi target him, but if on bad synch, there 96.6% chace boss always hit abi.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hi, Wendy main here: I would like to know how people are using Abigail to kill bosses. Please and Thanks :)

Klaus:
-unsummon abi the first half part of the fight, summon abi when klaus summon krampus to deal with them, then unsummon abi until klaus resurrect.

Treeguards: - unsummon when ever she below 300 and fight normally.

Most bosses: -  Let abi play at passive mode, you have to dodge .5 sec earlier than other fighter. Example, vs treeguard, normal you hit 3~4 times then dodge, while if you with abi, hit 2~3 times then dodge. If boss doesnt attack when you dodge, it fine, bait it one attack and return to normal pattern.
Worm wave: - Unsummon abi when you heard the worm wave, and try to run to nearest place with most mobs. Only summon abi when you are sure you only fight 1 worm at a time. If there are no mobs near by, you have to fight normally by run in circle method and only summon abi when 1~2 worm left.

Long story short, you have to learn how to unsummon abi with the right time. Having abi living sometime turn to be a pain because she mess up how mob target you right before she die. You have to be the real fighter, while abi only your support.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because every time I try it.. Abigail dies and then I die BECAUSE I let Abigail die.

thats an off topic question but i think you should make a thread on it because it is a good question and could give people lots of info

6 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Worm wave: - Unsummon abi when you heard the worm wave, and try to run to nearest place with most mobs. Only summon abi when you are sure you only fight 1 worm at a time. If there are no mobs near by, you have to fight normally by run in circle method and only summon abi when 1~2 worm left.

Is better to dont unsummon her and try to do the maximum damage to all of them until abi is low health. She can deal a huge amount of damage before she needs to be pokeballed

Example, vs treeguard, normal you hit 3~4 times then dodge, while if you with abi, hit 2~3 times then dodge. If boss doesnt attack when you dodge, it fine, bait it one attack and return to normal pattern.

Vs most bosses you need to dodge at the right moment to prevent aggro changing like for example with DF, spider queen or FW. Timing is so important with her and is what makes her so fun. 

If you do that vs treeguards abi will die easily, you must keep the aggro on you and to do that you need to cancel animation in the right moment the boss hits. What you said is only applied vs aoe damage bosses and is not that useful because you lose dps. For toad could be worth since you will not waste that much weapon durability but for a treeguard, spiderqueen, DF, klaus, FW (she must be in his back not near you) and any other non aoe boss is just better to kite perfectly. 

When she at 150, around 3~5 hound is enuf to kill abi.

And why she would be that weak? Because a mistake, normally you always have wendy at full power and is what makes her interesting but is so hard to kill her so that will only happend few times

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Learn the timing of the bosses atack to do it perfectly or tank so you always need  to have the aggro

If you only do 2 or 3 hits like other told you your dps will be low and she will die easily

13 hours ago, Tranoze said:

You are saying wendy have better dps than wigfird, but that only when she fighting dummy that stand still and deal 0 damage. In real game situation, abi die in the first 10 secs of the fight when she fight any mob that equal or larger than treeguard without any potion. After that , with .75 damage modifiers, i believe "wes"dy will take quite a long time to take down any bosses. The .4 extra damage modifier are for wendies that know how to protect abi during the fight.

Vs smaller mobs, ofcourse that was abi design to do.

Treeguard is a boss monster Abigail will destory anything below the boss level with just you helping her and with skillful management she can help in boss fights as well.

I put enthesis on tree guard being a boss btw due bosses getting massive bonus damage on non player characters.

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Is better to dont unsummon her and try to do the maximum damage to all of them until abi is low health. She can deal a huge amount of damage before she needs to be pokeballed

lol.. LOL...
Abi cant deal damage to worm while they in hide mode. While they in attack mode abi can deal 1 tick of damage or 2 tick of damage depend on their current attack pattern, and vs worm wave, which have around 3~5 worms you can only agroo one and abi will agroo 2~4, each worm deal 75 damage, and let say they have 3 worm on abi, they only need to attack 3 time total for abi to die, which abi can only deal 3 tick for 120 damage per worm.
Maybe shield will keep her alive little bit longer, but in all cases she die and deal not even close to 1/5 total worm hp.

And after that, you have to run and synch worm attack again, right after you synch worm attack on wendy. Basically keeping abi alive make you have to synch worm attack twice (which require running in circle for a while).

Vs most bosses you need to dodge at the right moment to prevent aggro changing like for example with DF, spider queen or FW. Timing is so important with her and is what makes her so fun. 

Maybe you play in local server with 0 ping so your dodge style is quite different from mine, but it ok.

And why she would be that weak? Because a mistake, normally you always have wendy at full power and is what makes her interesting but is so hard to kill her so that will only happend few times

You literally asking abi to face tank worm wave, and you also say normally you have abi at full power?

18 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Treeguard is a boss monster Abigail will destory anything below the boss level with just you helping her and with skillful management she can help in boss fights as well.

I put enthesis on tree guard being a boss btw due bosses getting massive bonus damage on non player characters.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Mobs
Mobs, or "Mobiles", are game entities which move around
Technically all bosses other than crabking(which stand still) are mobs.

27 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

lol.. LOL...

relax, i dont laught at you so i expect the same for you

Abi cant deal damage to worm while they in hide mode. While they in attack mode abi can deal 1 tick of damage or 2 tick of damage depend on their current attack pattern, and vs worm wave, which have around 3~5 worms you can only agroo one and abi will agroo 2~4, each worm deal 75 damage, and let say they have 3 worm on abi, they only need to attack 3 time total for abi to die, which abi can only deal 3 tick for 120 damage per worm.
Maybe shield will keep her alive little bit longer, but in all cases she die and deal not even close to 1/5 total worm hp.

she has 600 hp so she can survive 8 atacks, the shield can block some of them. You dont need to have her the entire fight just enoght to do massive damage when they come out but doesnt atack making the fight A LOT shorter. Ofc she will die quickly if you are not carefully (they have no aoe damage you not all of them will atack her) but is worth instead of wasting a lot of dark swords. When you notice abi being weak just call her back and keep the fight without her, it will save you a lot of resources and she will be full hp when you arrive to the next clockwork/splumonkey fight with her hp regeneration.

when i started playing wendy i always called her back but i tried what im told you and makes the worm waves a joke

which abi can only deal 3 tick for 120 damage per worm.

you are forgeting that you should be dealing damage too and her debuff helps a lot to make the fight faster

Maybe you play in local server with 0 ping so your dodge style is quite different from mine, but it ok.

if i have to take in count >200 ping for every balance topic... if you connection is bad just tank or use abi in the way it works for you

You literally asking abi to face tank worm wave, and you also say normally you have abi at full power?

yes, you have plenty of time to call her back. In +1500 in game days i didnt have so many situation with abi low and even when i happens she still have a debuff and i can prevent mobs having their aggro on her

only at the very beguinning when i was making experiments with her, after trying how to fight with many mobs/bosses you learn the timings and how much room you have to call her back

and AGAIN what im saying is that i dont see the sense of having more durability (shield and being able to call her back or summon her right after defeated)+ elixirs+ resistance debuff+ OLD DAMAGE. She is a tool so she should have a little less damage and keep the petal debuff so, just what the desing was made for, the twins should fight together (the abi damage based on wendy health was about that but people complained about she being nerfed because they couldnt one shot spiders without doing any effort and others abusing being at 1hp and abigail doing +80 damage) no just watching wendy doing /dance meanwhile the portable tooth trap does all the job for free but i think i didnt explain myself clear with all the boss stuff, i love that abi is able to be used in boss fights, makes the gameplay fresh aswell as i love being able to use weremoose form to fight bosses, etc. Everything that changes the gameplay is welcome

and for those who said that she is suppose to kill hordes because is her job, will be the same if she has 100 damage? anyways she is suppose to kill hordes...

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

she has 600 hp so she can survive 8 atacks, the shield can block some of them.

What i said is abi agroo about 3 worms during the worm wave, and each worm deal 3 attack for total 9 attack.
And when you are busing dealing with 1~2 of the worm that abi not agroo yet, it not easy to unsummon abi right on time. Then after that you have to resynch all worm attack again, which is a pain that i'd rather fight worm like other survivors until only 1~2 worm left alive.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

and for those who said that she is suppose to kill hordes because is her job, will be the same if she has 100 damage? anyways she is suppose to kill hordes...

nice logic, abi should deal 100000 damage and ignore anytype of defense. Any mobs killed by abi should drop 10000x more loots.

1 minute ago, Tranoze said:

What i said is abi agroo about 3 worms during the worm wave, and each worm deal 3 attack for total 9 attack.
And when you are busing dealing with 1~2 of the worm that abi not agroo yet, it not easy to unsummon abi right on time. Then after that you have to resynch all worm attack again, which is a pain that i'd rather fight worm like other survivors until only 1~2 worm left alive.

dont try it if you dont want but for me works like a charm and i will recomment it. I will not do the math but that little help makes it faster

1 minute ago, Tranoze said:

nice logic, abi should deal 100000 damage and ignore anytype of defense. Any mobs killed by abi should drop 10000x more loots.

isnt my logic, is the "this game is a sandbox" statement

I think this thread has gone on for long enough, has gone wayyyy off topic & should probably be locked now- (Sorry Op things like this just happens sometimes)

Also- To all who celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas! To all who Celebrate some other Holiday- Happy Holidays! And to all who don’t celebrate any holiday at all, Bah-Humbug.

(Also please everyone “try” to stay on topic and be polite- it’s the holiday season.. spread some joyful holiday cheer, not disagreements & arguments. :wilson_love:)

Archived