Recent updates questions!

Updates Questions  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these updates do you think has been the best currently?

• Turn Of Tides
    • Salty Dog
    • Hook, Line & Inker
    • She sells sea shells
    • Troubled Waters
    • Forgotten Knowledge
    • Reap what you sow
  2. 2. Do you consider the following character updates as good? (Multiple choice)

• Winona
    • Wortox
    • Willow
    • Wormwood
    • Warly
    • Woodie
    • Wurt
    • Wendy
    • Walter
    • Wigfrid
  3. 3. Do you think "Applied Silviculture" and "Horticulture, Abridged" is a good solution to the Megabase Nerf?

• Yes
    • No, Should be buffed
    • No, Should be nerfed
    • Not tested yet
  4. 4. Who do you think is the next character rework?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Webber
    • Wormwood

The wicker nerf's purpose was not aimed toward megabases at all. Your poll is biased.

Also surprisingly I would say Turn of Tides is yet the best part of RoT. The rest are add-ons and one is locked behind the caves.

Can you really consider Wortox, Warly, Wormwood, Wurt and Walter as "refreshes"?

14 minutes ago, Well-met said:

The wicker nerf's purpose was not aimed toward megabases at all

It wasn't, but with the nerf it directly affected those looking to build Megabases, that's why klei introduced "Applied silviculture" so that it would be different from "Horticulture, Abridged" and that way it would not affect Megabasers

12 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Can you really consider Wortox, Warly, Wormwood, Wurt and Walter as "refreshes"?

Warly and Wormwood were already characters, they received updates when they were implemented in DST, the others are still character updates :p

1 minute ago, Adam_Webster said:

No? should i remove it?

I don't think you should, but I'm pretty sure it isn't considered Return of Them, since none of the stuff in there are canonically new. It's just a rework update.

yep, just checked and Scott did say that "Although this is not a Return of Them update, we will be using the bla bla bla." No trying to be nitpicking, just trying to clear the confusion 

12 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

yep, just checked and Scott did say that "Although this is not a Return of Them update, we will be using the bla bla bla." No trying to be nitpicking, just trying to clear the confusion 

I renamed some questions to avoid confusion (the post name is still wrong but shh... no one will notice)
Thanks for the clarification!

. (ok maybe i should change it)

Why no wormwood option for possible rework?

1 hour ago, Adam_Webster said:

Warly and Wormwood were already characters, they received updates when they were implemented in DST, the others are still character updates :p

Warly got tons of new recipes, damage, defence, gathering buffs and 2 new structures. Wormwood got his fire weakness tweaked? You should probably remove wormwood from that list.

Wormwood when being implemented to DST received an "update" that simply adjusted most of his passive abilities, I see why many people would like him to receive a character update but as the development of the update "Reap what you sow" progresses they are being presented many changes to agriculture, which is the central theme of the character.
I'm sure there will be many changes to make Wormwood fit the new system that could be considered as a rework

As much work as Klei is already doing on Wicker, they should just go ahead and get her refresh in- unless said refresh is heavy on lore (I mean she did teach Woodie how to make totems and transform at will)

Realistically I think it might be Wolfgang next- Potato Update for Potato Head.

My favorite update has been Forgotten Knowledges.. followed by Turn of Tides, basically the BIG updates adding several new mobs to fight, places to explore and things to do etc..

I didn’t vote for Wurt, Wortox, Wormwood, or Walter refreshes because they’re not refreshes.. and are still subject to getting a refresh later if Klei chooses.

Wasn’t a big fan of Warly and Wigfrid reworks, but absolutely loved Wendy, Willow & Woodies.

36 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

can we get an F in the chat for Troubled Waters?

image.thumb.png.bb75ca8b19bd112329c2d39dc51d8919.png

I mean, it added the best sanity food in the game, and allowed us to use as ingredient leafy meat which is pretty good. Also Rockjaws kinda make the waters feel a bit more alive and not as deserted, and started making the world rotate.

The new shadows were also an okay addition.

The big plants that have a ranged attack were the most promising feature that ended up being a big "meh" and probably the reason the whole update is not very appreciated (I guess we all hoped for hamlet-styled carnivorous plants).  The barnacle mechanics was also super "meh". The spittle fish and the water pump were somewhat "meh" too.

The poll, my own experience in the game, and most of the people I normally play with, makes me ponder that perhaps many of us here enjoy new sea content, but we don't like "sea exclusive" patches that much.

9 hours ago, Well-met said:

The wicker nerf's purpose was not aimed toward megabases at all. Your poll is biased.

I agree on this. I think the correct way to formulate that question would be: Do you think "Applied Silviculture" and "Horticulture, Abridged" are a good solution to the WICKERBOTTOM nerf?

1. Voted Forgotten Knowledge, because it has nothing to do with the ocean, has great aesthetics (archives turf), gave iridescent gem an actual purpose (I don't consider buffing crab king a use) and seems to be the most lore-rich and the most promising update for the future so far.

Turn of Tides - yeah, it added (still) a barren wasteland of an ocean with bad boats and lunar island that you will (still) visit only for stone fruit bushes, anenemies and glass tools.

Salty Dog - yeah, it added salt, a one-time investment for a better ice box and an uninteresting boss with "eh" loot.

Hook, Line and Inker - yeah, it added expanded fishing, but it's uninteresting and hardly worth it. 

She Sells Sea Shells - Pearl is pretty unique, indeed, but Crab King is still not a good or rewarding boss.

Troubled Waters - worst update for the ocean, but leafy meat recipes and renewable volt goat herds are amazing.

2. Voted Winona, Wortox, Willow, Wormwood (back when he was introduced I really liked his addition, but with RWYS he's become pretty bad, hopefully that will change), Woodie and Wendy. Character reworks are just the most exciting thing. Warly, Wurt and Walter are all "eh" to me. Wigfrid's rework was kinda not impactful.

3. Yeah, it's a good compromise.

4. We all want Webber next as he's pretty much outclassed entirely by Wendy. Hopefully we will get more than 2 reworks next year.

Gosh, rip troubled waters update, it was pretty decent, the barnacles are really cool, it would help if there was any reason to visit them, the shadow creatures for sea was a really good choice, and the Rockjaw? I've never even seen one...

The boat lamp and whatnot where also pretty cool, I just think its kinda sad no one voted for it, because when you look at it, it's pretty neat

2 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

Gosh, rip troubled waters update, it was pretty decent, the barnacles are really cool, it would help if there was any reason to visit them, the shadow creatures for sea was a really good choice, and the Rockjaw? I've never even seen one...

The boat lamp and whatnot where also pretty cool, I just think its kinda sad no one voted for it, because when you look at it, it's pretty 

troubled waters is not a bad update at all, but klei gave us archives and farms, so... sorry rockjaws

31 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

troubled waters is not a bad update at all, but klei gave us archives and farms, so... sorry rockjaws

Exactly, it’s not a bad update.. it’s just not one of the better ones. That could be entirely personal opinion though- I like having new biomes, mobs and things to do- Troubled Waters was Meh in comparison to something like Turn of Tides or Forgotten Knowledges.

The farming update may end up being a Meh for me too.. I don’t know because it’s not on Xbox/Playstation yet- Klei decided not to call this a Return of Them update though and I’m thankful for that...

Return of Them should have some story continuation, some lore, and a general concept and inevitable ending it’s headed towards- It would’ve felt odd to start a shadow war and then go back to farming :lol:

Archived