The alignments of the DST characters. (With explanation)

Lawful good

Wolfgang

In the past he was a soldier, but from several quotes we know that he has kept his spirit of camaraderie. An idealistic character (he was a communist), he inspires the idea that he would be willing to sacrifice himself for the other survivors. Maybe.

image.png.89a83e1bbf3193914bf04ce0e5a755f6.pngimage.thumb.png.bc8f910acb7bac792034e9c96833cc24.pngimage.thumb.png.56ae2d9e6eab3b40e05bf3e3e5f4350e.png

Winona

Engineer and perhaps, even before that, miner. Winona has always professed a commendable deontological ethics and her entire existential path is in an attempt to save her sister. His existential mission is that of a martyr. She will suffer for our sins.

image.png.8a5e62dbecf0a94219048f53b75dead9.pngimage.png.ff0140c5d12ff4b550a6d08abced08e2.png

Walter

Simple person, few questions but many good intentions. Fear of pain is the only bugbear of a pious soul.

image.thumb.png.9845de0608c5248e1c3cbedbbd691934.png

Neutral good

Woodie

He lived alone, the hermit of the woods. Woodie is definitely a good man, cursed by the world and fate. Beyond the established order, a good man tries to make a living by cutting wood.

image.thumb.png.2e1125499254ab9922621723ee522e54.pngimage.png.8ed6598a41d85cdcd992e2f912d7ef8f.png

Webber

A strange mixture between beast and man, endowed with an unexpected sensitivity and a certain childhood. Too good for this world.

image.png.de897d0eb29bf4cd20eecd0640f4e152.png

Wormwood

Desperate for friends or the like, he still does not grasp the terrible truth: there are no others like him in this world. On this.

image.thumb.png.4e22d54634bd7decce56235bdb741e1a.png

Warly

The kitchen follows very specific rules. But a good dish is a requirement of the spirit rather than the palate.

image.png.6ff08bbdae2c69af789d88b05922e097.png

Chaotic good

Wortox

Benign demon, able to bend space-time according to its capric. Devoted to mocking mortals and their fleeting worries, he has decided for some inscrutable reason to remain in the Constant and oppose THEM.

image.png.0a923b2b0744571425faf3f0aadaa18c.png

Lawful neutral

Wickerbottom

Follower of the order as such, the order for the order.
Everything can be learned, cataloged, and ultimately learned for the zealous librarian.
Ethical issues to others, only knowledge has value. But knowledge without order is impossible.

image.png.1fd75b617e0c55a3e76acc2b636aca9c.pngimage.png.35fc229b43392bea01c6774057e6fa6d.png

Wigfrid

Follower not of the law of men but of the Gods, she is only a conduit for something beyond. Judge, executioner and headsman of mortals.

image.thumb.png.b569574b308d6ebc9423bed19ef7161d.png

Wurt

Reason of state above all. The good of many, the misfortune of the expendable. She has a great picture in mind. A picture that does not include pigs.

image.png.19a5283c8d64734b4abf42d7e665bbb4.png

True Neutral

Wilson Percival Higgsbury

Beyond good and evil, far from the concubiscible impulses of the soul or from the blunders of moral judgment, there is the scientist: without malice or benevolence, he seeks the rational order insisting in nature. The perfect order within the mind of God.

image.thumb.png.9f696d5f55905c17e1813f01b461e32d.png

Wes

"..."

image.thumb.png.617d3cdc5a7befcf5476cf5b4d98b736.pngimage.png.291123eba07fdcb22813db6538b57288.png

Chaotic Neutral

Willow

Mind misled by abandonment and abuse, a destructive fire burns in her gaze, free from sadism or cruelty. Fire for fire, simply.

image.thumb.png.d1c790c56ac597e6db6d9fb9b7fe6f31.pngimage.thumb.png.08eb611684c5d5b5165dac71518f516e.png 

William Carter

The fool does not know what is about to begin... William has always been an individual out of the box, with too little moral...

image.thumb.png.38f98d31c2628b2fa1d0c16bfd60f5b2.png

Wendy Carter

A tormented soul, which has followed every rite, every blasphemy, every unclean ritual, in order to violate the laws of nature and revive those who were dead. But the chaos of the mind cannot lead to anything concrete; only a well-organized mind can hope to successfully investigate the mysteries of life and death.

image.thumb.png.5b554eff281937463658d49d60a03d72.png

Lawful Evil

WX-78

A machine without empathy, built to be as efficient as possible.

image.thumb.png.f3abe9a3841028f6e6dfcfb635a93262.png

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Good post!

Wouldn't Maxwell be neutral evil though? at least partially. Even though he has reedemed himself some, he still shows quotes of being somewhat of an anti hero.

Thanks! : D
Let's say that Maxwell was problematic to include... I too was undecided with Evil Neutral, but it seems that Klei has definitely "set aside" him as an enemy, in favor of Charlie, so I don't know... surely William was less "corrupt"

8 minutes ago, Well-met said:

wx is chaotic evil

If it were, it would mean that it could kill all survivors in their sleep as soon as it judged they were no longer useful. Only a rigid set of pre-registered rules can guarantee a "peaceful" coexistence with a being TOTALLY devoid of empathy.
So I lean towards the legal-evil. The chaotic is too "unpredictable" :'D

After living with other survivors, Maxwell did not just became one of them - he unserstood value of the human life. Something that he never estimate before. According from quotes and new animatic, Winona see Maxwell as danger and egoistic person only. Suprisingly, Maxwell comeback for her when she was in danger and got her out of shock state, immediately convinced her that its better to just leave. 

No one is left behind

imo since wurt and probably even webber are technically animals acting mostly on base animalistic impulses to defend and expand territory for the rest of their brood i'd say she'd fit True Neutral more than Wilson would fit Lawful Evil due to his tendencies to stoop to questionable research methods.

3 hours ago, Notecja said:

I believe Wigfrid is rather chaotic neutral.
She is perfect for killing everything around...
Pigs, spiders, gobbler, more spiders, a boss, another boss, another pigs to kill, a hounds to kill... Whatever her spear meets is dead.

i dunno, that sounds decidedly evil to me

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

i dunno, that sounds decidedly evil to me

OP put her on lawful neutral. But only rules that Wigfrid follows is "No veggies" and "I play valkyrie", but otherwise doesnt seem to me as lawful. Not sure about evil part, since on true evil side I would consider griefers/Deerclops/NPCs. 

10 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

Thank you; as a D&D player it is almost natural for me to try to "determine" the character alignments of the things I play :'D

Yes!  I thought I was the only one who sometimes would go and find one of those alignment quizzes and answer it _as a character_, as well as I know them anyway, instead of as myself, to see what  THEY come out as.  It's weirdly fun.

...yes, I really am that nerdy.  Shut up.  : P

...Notorious

3 hours ago, Notecja said:

OP put her on lawful neutral. But only rules that Wigfrid follows is "No veggies" and "I play valkyrie", but otherwise doesnt seem to me as lawful. Not sure about evil part, since on true evil side I would consider griefers/Deerclops/NPCs. 

mass murder with no concern is defos something i consider evil so maybe it is a perspective thing?

11 minutes ago, gaymime said:

mass murder with no concern is defos something i consider evil so maybe it is a perspective thing?

Being perfect for killing/fighting isn't bad itself, at least in survival game on basic setup. But players are who do mass murder in game. xD 

On 11/4/2020 at 12:45 AM, Notecja said:

Wigfrid plays a Valkyrie: in Norse mythology the Valkyries are female beings in the service of Odin, who decide in battle who must die and who must survive. They are judges of mortals, as such I believe Wigfrid is "legal".   :]

On 11/3/2020 at 6:00 PM, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

You forgot that Woodie worked on a railroad.

I did not know; it wasn't an argument about Woodie's past anyway. In any case, I do not agree with the thesis that he killed his wife; let alone the spirit of the wife is "inside" lucy.
Woodie is crazy. CRAZY.
:P

image.thumb.png.dbe7fa5ff559d694c8419fdd2268e92e.png

(Woodie fan art, I ignore the author but I find that he perfectly embodied how Woodie should be: desperate.)

On 11/3/2020 at 5:00 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

imo since wurt and probably even webber are technically animals acting mostly on base animalistic impulses to defend and expand territory for the rest of their brood i'd say she'd fit True Neutral more than Wilson would fit Lawful Evil due to his tendencies to stoop to questionable research methods.

Wurt and Webber seemed anything but beasts to me.
Also: Why should animals act without malice, cruelty, sadism, or altruism? Are we sure they are properly human qualities (or defects)? Or do we still sin of a certain narcissism that places our species at the center of creation?
Personally, I am the first to ask myself what bizarre thoughts go through the brain of a few grams of my cat.
Inscrutable thoughts, of a really strange being.

1 hour ago, Pop Guy said:

Wigfrid plays a Valkyrie: in Norse mythology the Valkyries are female beings in the service of Odin, who decide in battle who must die and who must survive. They are judges of mortals, as such I believe Wigfrid is "legal".   :]

She is not a Valkyrie, only plays a role. Imagine Joker playing a role of Valkyrie and deciding who dies and who survive. Imagine Wilson/Any other character playing role of Valkyrie. We could have a long discussions how different would be that playing that role by every character, but I believe playing role doesn't change what somebody got in its heart. As for Wigfrid from her short she had a desire is to shine in her role, to be on front pages no matter what and to be great... But she is not a true Valkyrie. Basically she sold herself to Maxwell.

7 minutes ago, Notecja said:

She is not a Valkyrie, only plays a role. Imagine Joker playing a role of Valkyrie and deciding who dies and who survive. Imagine Wilson/Any other character playing role of Valkyrie. We could have a long discussions how different would be that playing that role by every character, but I believe playing role doesn't change what somebody got in its heart. As for Wigfrid from her short she had a desire is to shine in her role, to be on front pages no matter what and to be great... But she is not a true Valkyrie. Basically she sold herself to Maxwell.

I don't think even Wigfrid knows exactly what's in her heart. :]

Hey Popguy, what do you think the other Sw/Hamlet are in

Wagstaff: Neutral Evil

Wheeler: Chaotic Good

Wilba: Lawful Neutral

Warbucks: Lawful Evil? 

Walani: Neutral Good

Wilbur: Chaotic Neutral (poop throwing isn't lawful)

Woodlegs: Chaotic Evil

Archived