Halloween Skins

5 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I wouldn't mind if they released a batch of skins just for the DLC characters, being Wurt, Wormwood, Wortox, and Walter. If they have any time left over, some more Halloween themed item skins would be sweet, too!

Don't forget about warly!

I definitely want them to finish the first halloween set where the characters are dressed as mobs.

Wortox: Beefalo (because horns and his short)
Wormwood: Poison Birchnut (because plant)
Warly: Bearger (because he is hungry)
Wurt: Bunnyman (because she hates meat)
Walter: Wee MacTusk (because ranged combat and doggy... shame Wolfgang got it before Walter could...)

8 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I definitely want them to finish the first halloween set where the characters are dressed as mobs.

Wortox: Beefalo (because horns and his short)
Wormwood: Poison Birchnut (because plant)
Warly: Bearger (because he is hungry)
Wurt: Bunnyman (because she hates meat)
Walter: Wee MacTusk (because ranged combat and doggy... shame Wolfgang got it before Walter could...)

I think instead of Wortox wearing a beefalo costume, he should just look like he absorbed a beefalo's soul

As for the costumed look, i think he should be dressed a clockwork knight, as they have no souls and they have a kinda similar head

Still want that totally normal tree wormwood skin. >.>  

outside of character skins though- I want some new spooky belongings stuffs.. 

for example- Tooth Trap can be turned into Skeleton hands reaching up out of the ground to wrap its boney hand around its foes Ankles.

This is my FAVORITE Time of the year for a reason... come on Klei bring on the Spooky!

Theres a lot of potential for more creepy Wormwood skins like obviously totally normal trees or seaweed monsters like mentioned above but i wouldnt say no to a fun/cute pumpkin/jack-o-lantern Wormwood! His hollow eyes and mouth could glow at night (without giving light obv) as if hes filled with fireflies! 

I have a few suggestions for skins if that's ok

•  Webber: A musical conductor skin (in reference to a famous composer of a similar name: Lloyd Webber).
  • Walter: A man with a hook for a hand (in reference to one of his stories).
  • Willow: A firefighter.
  • Wormwood: A robot.

To be honest the Hollowed Nights collection is one of the skin collections closest to being complete. So ideally I'd like them to give remaining five characters a Hollowed nights skin; Wolfgang, Woodie, Walter, Wormwood and Wurt. I'd prefer that to a completely new halloween collection.

Wolfgang can be a bodyguard/enforcer.

Woodie can be a forest killer.

Walther can be a popular halloween costume like a pirate.

Wormwood would make a perrrfect Living Log/Totally Normal Tree inspired skin.

Wurt has shark and anglerfish skins already so he can be given a pirana or alligator one with sharp teeth.

And besides these I wish we get the costume collection expanded to the post-Winona charachers too.

Huh, I totally forgot about that! Up to this point I still considered the latest Halloween skins as new ones.. Hm. 

I can't think of any skin ideas apart from a Cool Cryptid Costume for Walter, maybe from one of his stories? That would be very neat. Perhaps they will give him more spooky campfire stories to tell when Halloween comes, too. 

7 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

In what ways and how do you think RoT could be improved upon? 

I don't know. There are people more knowledgeable for this question around here.

All I know is that game companies do not have limitless man-hours. Any work put in a feature is work not put in other features. Eventually DST will no longer receive as many updates and that might come in sooner than most might believe.

I apologize for being a naysayer, I just can't help it. 

I would like something related to Wilton for Halloween.

7 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

In what ways and how do you think RoT could be improved upon? 

More islands? More life in sea? Flying fishes accidentally landing on boat? Icebergs? Sea set pieces? Better Crab King? Maybe catchable northern lights (aurora? which is correct?) to fit them in empty bottles?

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I apologize for being a naysayer, I just can't help it. 

You shouldn't feel like you have to apologize, I totally understand where you're coming from. RoT still needs tweaks and I hope that is what Klei will be focusing their effort on with the future updates, instead of starting a brand new concept and leaving RoT feeling not completely finished. 

17 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Super unpopular opinion but if Klei would stop spending so much effort on seasonal events, maybe RoT would be way better by now.

Pretty sure they barely actually add anything new to the events, they just make the event active (with acception like year of the carrat). As for the skins, they help fund the game itself so without them we would have probably stopped getting updates years ago.

The only gripe I personally have about holiday events is that the Mad Scientist Lab would have been a good idea for a Wilson-exclusive set of items and is instead tied to Halloween.

As for new Halloween skins I think some Easter Egg level ones are in order, such as Wortox having one for his old design and Wigfrid having one of Winnie.

Archived