A Random Furry

Do you want Shipwrecked and Hamlet characters in DST

Do you want Hamlet and Shipwrecked characters in DST  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want all Hamlet and Shipwrecked characters in DST?

2. 2. Would you want them to be refreshed?

3. 3. Do you want specific characters?

Brago-sama    1590

I already got my favorite character from shipwrecked, Warly. (He may not be powerful until late game but that porta Crock-Pot is just soooooo fun)

But if I had to choose another, it would have to be either Woodlegs for the challenge or Wagstaff for lore purposes (I need to see Wx78s reaction)

Edited by Brago-sama
  • Like 1

Mike23Ua    8422

Here’s the thing- these characters are all Klei official characters, they are all equally trapped inside the Constant from a lore perspective.

But more importantly from a Gamers Perspective- These characters are already established parts of the franchise.. they already have people who actually want to actively play as them already.

Which no offense to Klei, but is more then I can say for Brand New Characters, Because BNC’s always stand the risk of being generally disliked, where as already established characters.. already have people waiting to play as them.

With the compendium existing giving character descriptions, favorite food stuffs, and each rework getting new belongings, skin sets and a cool animated short- I would love for them ALL to eventually end up in the game at some point.

But in the end that decision isn’t up to any of us fans to make, that’s entirely up to Klei on rather or not they want to bring Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba & Wagstaff into DST.

I hope they ALL make it in someday, and they all get cool reworks that make playing each character unique and fun.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 4

Pinegrove    1373

As good as having more SW/Hamlet characters come to DST sounds, the fact that Walter was introduced with his own version of Wheeler's air horn might mean that she and the others most likely won't make it into DST, unless fundementally reworked. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

SinancoTheBest    2606

Yea, I'd appreciate more charecters reworked from singleplayer into multiplayer, especially there's room for at least 1 more SW and 1 more Hamlet character in DST. I personally wouldn't want new original characters filling the roles of old ones; I like them when new characters are original concepts like everybody's favorite mermgirl. In any case I'm fine either way as I got my fave, Warly in the game and together with wormwood they are awesome additions to the game- I believe good reworks can make more single player characters feel really natural in DST too.

To your last question I picked Warbucks but I wish it allowed for multiple answers. In a decending order I'd want:

Warbucks: Great and mistreated character, would fit great to DST environment, bringing more to ruins/ocean adventures

Walani: Perfect fit for return of them.

Wilbur: If they bring a new constant creature character, he's gotta be it, expanding spelumonkeys and all.

Wagstaff: Would appreciate more role although he clashes a bit too much with the likes of winona.

Wilba: Would be a nice rivalry between her and Wurt, could further civilize and sophisticate pigmen.

Woodlegs:Fitting within the Return of them Theme, he can be specialized in boat warfare.

Wheeler: I feel like we really don't need her abilities in dst. I like Walter as an alternative without fundementally changing and reworking her.

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 3

A Random Furry    335
4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Yea, I'd appreciate more charecters reworked from singleplayer into multiplayer, especially there's room for at least 1 more SW and 1 more Hamlet character in DST. I personally wouldn't want new original characters filling the roles of old ones; I like them when new characters are original concepts like everybody's favorite mermgirl. In any case I'm fine either way as I got my fave, Warly in the game and together with wormwood they are awesome additions to the game- I believe good reworks can make more single player characters feel really natural in DST too.

To your last question I picked Warbucks but I wish it allowed for multiple answers. In a decending order I'd want:

Warbucks: Great and mistreated character, would fit great to DST environment, bringing more to ruins/ocean adventures

Walani: Perfect fit for return of them.

Wilbur: If they bring a new constant creature character, he's gotta be it, expanding spelumonkeys and all.

Wagstaff: Would appreciate more role although he clashes a bit too much with the likes of winona.

Wilba: Would be a nice rivalry between her and Wurt, could further civilize and sophisticate pigmen.

Woodlegs:Fitting within the Return of them Theme, he can be specialized in boat warfare.

Wheeler: I feel like we really don't need her abilities in dst. I like Walter as an alternative without fundementally changing and reworking her.

It does allow for multiple now, and I originally intended it to do so

Edited by A Random Furry
  • Like 1

Dr. Safety    4161

I always feel kinda bad chiming in on this topic, because I was lucky enough to have the one singleplayer DLC character that I loved officially added into the game, and I remember the feeling of really wanting him. It feels selfish to say that I don't want any more of them added but I'll at least state my reasoning.

To me, I look for characters whose playstyle fit within the realm of DST and is a playstyle not already represented. For example, I think Wagstaff is a really cool character, but the upside of building gadgets already belongs to Winona. By that same token Walter and Wheeler are similar enough, all that is missing is Wheeler's little dodge slide thing, which isn't enough to warrant adding a whole character around it. As for the Shipwrecked crew, Wilbur has no place in DST. Woodlegs and Walani would fit a seafarer playstyle that is not yet represented, but they each have issues. Woodlegs would be tough since living pretty exclusively on the water would be boring no matter how much content is added in RoT. Walani I feel could be pretty OP since the boss fights on the water seem to be more centered around killing the boat than killing the player. Having a character on a surfboard would essentially be a character all about cheesing ocean boss fights, which just seems like bad design. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

Russian_Philin    13077
1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

*ahem* Excuse you! It's Warbucks, the affluent explorer!!!

I'd like it back, too. And why couldn't it just be improved as a game character and slightly change the lore, if it strained the developers.:wilson_cry:
Although on the other hand, we now have an interesting character Wheeler and not very interesting character Wormwood.

Edited by Russian_Philin
  • Thanks 3

cropo    194

I'd really like Wilba. I always thought a pig character that could become a werepig should be a given in Don't Starve and Hamlet finally provided.  Yeah yeah ''But Woodie!'' but there's other characters that share similar roles and concepts to them, especially the earlier characters and I like how her wereform emphasizes speed and passive auto regen over Mooses slow tanky worse AOE than abigail style.  It would also add to the monster characters, we'd basically only be missing a bunnyman(or you could just give Wilba a bunnyman skin like Webber and the batilisk skin).

Warbucks would be nice to, but only because I don't think it's fair he got shoveled out of the game but that's an entirely different discussion there.

Edited by cropo
  • Like 2

CaptainChaotica    5688

Well, fine, then...I'll just keep using my stupid mods...

(well they're not MY mods and they're not actually stupid; I just felt like sulking in the corner because of the tone of a lot of these responses.  : P)

...Notorious

• Potato Cup 1

bubben16    842

DST already has a rather bloated cast of characters, and bringing over more characters wouldn't really help that situation. You have characters that have perks similar to the ones not in DST, so you aren't missing out much. I think if they should add one more character, make it Woodlegs so we can have a character that's linked to the whole sailing system they've been building up now. That's really the only thing I can think of right now that isn't covered by other characters, and I am sort of surprised none of the new characters has had anything for boats, since it's the main feature of all these updates basically. I understand that a lot of people like the DS characters, and would love to have them in DST, but there does come a point where you can have too many characters, and I feel DST is already sitting extremely close to that limit.

cropo    194

I don't think DST is ever going to have too many characters. New characters are their best source of income as well, because you can sell skins with new characters. I mean if you put a gun to my head and asked me ''New characters, or new content?'', I'd totally pick new content but...I mean it'd still be nice if they were ported imo. It would be rather harmless and Klei could profit off of it. I also wouldn't mind some characters sharing similar roles with others, I like Wolfgangs perk because I love higher damage but I just really think Wolfgang is bad from an aesthetic perspective, if they added another character like him but had looks I like I'd be happy even if it bloated the character pool.

But yeah I would rather them prioritize new content over new characters, and highly prioritize reworking some of the older characters to adding in new ones that don't even have meaningful perks(sorry Walani).

• Thanks 1