What don't you want from the rework?

Anything that modifies Wigfrid's solid core. Like Wendy's, that core needs to be left as-is, because Wig's design is possible the best out of all DS/T characters. No need to complicate with weird mandatory stuff as Woodie was (Beaver broken into 3 separate components just because - like the circulated alternative-role Winnie concept), only optional elements building on top of her viking/valkyrie persona: some new weapons/armors and maybe a battlecry would suffice.

What I don’t want to see out of a Wigfrid rework is the devs messing up her code so I can no longer wear Wortox tails on her.

C3C777A9-5A3F-44A8-BDC1-4F56DBCDA88C.thumb.jpeg.57387fc11798625d698856f18299f2e8.jpeg

Other then that- I have to understand and respect that these are Klei’s characters and they’ll design them the way they feel like they should be designed, yes they may listen to fan feedback from time to time- but ultimately this is their creation, and their vision for their creation- and I have to respect that.

You guys know that if the rework doesn’t go over as well as Klei hoped that they’ll re-look at it and tweak small things till we are happy with it.

Just like Wendy’s rework originally turned her into a lower HP = Higher Abigail damage glass canon type character.

A concept that doesn’t really FIT Wendy, but would fit Wigfrid, the closer she gets to death... the harder she fights to avoid joining her fellow failed Vikings in Valhalla.

(Yes I know Wigfrid isn’t a REAL Viking Warrior, but she THINKS she is.. and that should be enough to merit the perk, so long as they also show brief subtle glimpses at what she’s like for real.)

However... I would love the Glass Canon mechanic to go onto an un-implemented character that console players don’t have access to yet, but PC players have been enjoying for awhile now with a mod.

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

A concept that doesn’t really FIT Wendy, but would fit Wigfrid, the closer she gets to death... the harder she fights to avoid joining her fellow failed Vikings in Valhalla.

A viking does not fear going to Valhalla. It is an honor granted to only the best of them, to fight alongside Odin in the final battle. They are not "failed vikings."

Most of the ones said here, and also:

Anything that would take away or INTENSIFY her carnivory.

By that I mean, like, now she can only eat _pure_ meat and _not_ meat-based crockpot meals that have veggies and fruit in them.  Like the opposite of how they made it so that now Warly can ONLY eat crockpot foods (whereas in Shipwrecked, he doesn't _like_ plain ingredients and gets sick of them quickly, but CAN eat them).  If they make it so that FLYING towards the crockpot as soon as possible doesn't save my frelling life, I might not play Wigfrid ever again.  She'd be too annoying.  I don't want to be _required_  to hunt every....single.....day...........

I can see a BERZERK! mechanic that only kicks in when she's really close to death, but not because she's _afraid_ of Valhalla. I think of it more as a Final Fantasy style LIMIT BREAK!  (dramatic music)  Basically it would sacrifice defense points for more attack, I think.  Like she's hitting harder because she's not paying as much attention to her own well-being. 

Mind you I'm not saying I would VOTE for that; just that I can see it as a possibility.

...Notorious

7 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

Extra roles. Wigfrid has become the actress' one and only persona and a deviation to that would ruin her entire concept. 

Exactly this. Even her name that we know her by is part of her Valkyrie role; another role played by the same actress would literally not be Wigfrid. Plus, we already have Woodie or Warly if people want to re-spec into different roles as they play without changing characters; we don't need a third shift-between-different-modes character.

I don't want any of her existing abilities to be removed or downgraded in order to balance her new abilities. In particular I'd like her to keep her innate damage resistance, her ability to regain health and sanity periodically during combat, and the little winged spirits that have a chance of dropping when she kills a foe. I don't want to lose the innate damage buff either, but it's more of a QoL nice-to-have element than an essential in my mind, maybe because I'm not a Wigfrid main and I'm used to the standard amount of DPS. I also like her character-specific gear the way it is, but that's already something she can provide to the rest of the team so I don't honestly expect it to be nerfed.

6 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Plus, we already have Woodie or Warly if people want to re-spec into different roles as they play without changing characters; we don't need a third shift-between-different-modes character.

How does Warly swich his character? From a gourmet connisseur chef to an obese binge eater?

17 minutes ago, wons said:

the only thing i don't want is an annoucment from devs that says "webber will never get reworked, **** you"

What sort of twisted mental gymnastics could lead you to believe this would ever be a scenario to worry over?

The fact that Wigfrid of all characters is getting a revision pretty much *confirms* everyone is getting a refresh, good standing or not.

Archived