What don't you want from the rework?

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

What sort of twisted mental gymnastics could lead you to believe this would ever be a scenario to worry over?

The fact that Wigfrid of all characters is getting a revision pretty much *confirms* everyone is getting a refresh, good standing or not.

let's start with a fact everyone was crying for his rework on the forum and klei just decided to make wigfrid rework instead

also life showed me that many weird things can happen :v

11 minutes ago, wons said:

let's start with a fact everyone was crying for his rework on the forum and klei just decided to make wigfrid rework instead

also life showed me that many weird things can happen :v

Klei likely already had a plan laid out for the character refresh order, long ago before cries of webber even began.

life will also teach you time flies fast and waiting out an extra 2 months is absolutely nothing to be angry about.

All characters WILL get a rework, Klei confirmed this over a year ago, although- considering the circumstances of the world lately (Global Covid Pandemic) We have to understand that this was never a promise or guarantee on content.. and that any time Klei can simply say okay we aren’t doing anymore.

Personally, I would be perfectly happy with what all they have ALREADY done.. but I hope this game can still continue to get updates even years from now, like how Rainbow Siege and GTA Online are well past their 6th year of content updates.

From a business perspective- Why make a brand new game sequel, when you can just add more and more to the game you already have out? 

From a gamers perspective- it keeps you playing and enjoying your game without having to retire it for the next game.

But anyways I’m random as heck and start saying something that leads to another thing.. and I’m losing track of my topic-

All Characters will get a rework.. this was Confirmed here-

2C3C549A-5CCD-44D5-A035-11D1097F2909.thumb.jpeg.b2e4a5575bcb00bfbae0d86f7ba0094f.jpeg

However... I do not know if that also includes DLC Characters- Walani, Woodlegs, Wilbur, Wheeler, Wilba & Wagstaff.

it would be safe to say NO..., but then we have to look at Warly’s addition into the game which was considered as a Rework, and he is from the Shipwrecked DLC.

Then Theres also Wormwood, which was counted as a new DLC character for Dont Starve Together- However.. He was also from the Hamlet DLC.

So honestly??? It’s entirely up to Klei as to if they do or do not count as a Rework. But we at least know that, Wilson, Wes, Wolfgang, WX78, Webber, Wickerbottom & Maxwell are still in line for a Rework.

(Unless Klei announces differently)

AB02E3E5-6AF8-4659-955E-C724FB016E9F.thumb.jpeg.2705babc200feaceee441858d95ede49.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Klei likely already had a plan laid out for the character refresh order, long ago before cries of webber even began.

life will also teach you time flies fast and waiting out an extra 2 months is absolutely nothing to be angry about.

Of course Webber too will get a rework but considering we're approaching that quarter of the year where seasonal events relentlessly follow each other, i.e. Hollowed Nights-Winter's Feast-Chinese New Year and Klei staff might still be stuck to working mostly from home with Coronavirus numbers rising again in most of the UN member states, I think we likely won't get a rework until February-March 2021 or if they manage to squeze one in their tight schedule of events and ROT updates, they might again choose a character that may require less tweaking like Wickerbottom, Maxwel or Wormwood then characters with infinite potentials and great avenues for improvement Webber, Wes and WX-78.

I get a little irrationally upset whenever a character gets an all new tab with like 6 items in it, wormwood already had one and winona's fit since she's all about building stuff anyway, i'd prefer if no other characters got new crafting tabs in their rework, as such I don't really want wigfrid to get one lol

1 minute ago, Lbphero said:

I get a little irrationally upset whenever a character gets an all new tab with like 6 items in it, wormwood already had one and winona's fit since she's all about building stuff anyway, i'd prefer if no other characters got new crafting tabs in their rework

So far Winona got engineering, Warly got Seasonings and Wendy got Ectoherbology. Willow and Woodie didn't get new tabs.

I'd say Wigfrid is one of the unlikely ones to get one since what she can potentially do is likely to be confined in Fighting, Tools, Survival, Seafaring and Pseaudo Science tabs.

The characters I see more likely to get new tabs are Webber (Spiders tab if they expand much more into spider related crafts), Wes (Baloonomacy tab from pile of ballons like codex umbra and grinding mill that can include many balloon crafts), and WX-78 (Robotics if they expand the character more in the area and cant fit everything into science)

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

i'm not angry, more like, idk, upset a bit but not much tho :v

I just don't want Winnie or any other "role" to be added onto an already great character. She's a method actor and her role hasn't ended yet. If she gains the ability to "swap" abilities it would cheapen her backstory rather than add to it.

Giving her a larger hunger drain might also make her too much like Wolfgang and make early-game too hard for most players.

On 8/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, BoySyrup said:

Don't make her Wolfgang 2, she doesn't need to be as busted as Wolfgang.

(Also giving her different roles would not fit her character of being obsessed with the singular role of Wigfrid)

Tbh as the cast has been getting better and better Wolfgang is seeming less and less OP as the months go on well to me atleast.

But on a more Wigfrid note rather than messing with her damage modifier I feel like a interesting idea to explore is giving her combat techniques like unlocking mighty power of stab not bash with spears.

I don't want her to be OP (cough Wolfgang cough), I don't want to see her downside get changed; as it is it is practiclly perfect, both to her personality and theme.

I'd like to see a new downside to define her personality a little more too, maybe a fear of some kind. along side some new Valkyrie-esk weapons, armours and buildings too, and it'll be great!

Archived