What would you want to see in a webber rework?

Unfortunately it's hard to think of something cool to give him that some other character doesn't already have, or making something dumb like a mod character.

Woodie has a weird perk of having longer loyalty times with followers, but Webber is actually the most friendly character in the game.  I think he should be able to tame a baby spider, make it his pet. I know Woby already exists, but I really feel like this concept would fit Webber.

Unlike Woby, who can temporarily transform immediatley when fed meat, the spider that Webber has will have to be grown over a long period of time. It is weak, and will be very prone to being killed if not babied appropriately.  But on growing up, it will become far more menacing, brutal, and useful to Webber.  

Even cooler would be if Webber could make it grow into a different creature depending on what he feeds it/what it does. For example, if Webber makes it fight a lot of mobs, and it WINS these fights, it will grow into an ultimate spider warrior. Unlike Abigail, it will be a single-target, ''smart'' entity that can reliably dodge attacks, and will be allowed to wear armor(cute hats!) that Webber thinks makes it look cooler.  This spider will need to be constantly fed to stay alive, if Webber fails to feed it, it will start to lose stats(think mighty wolfgang) until eventually it dies off, and Webber will have to find a new spider to raise. Another perk it might have is that if it is given a hat that has a sanity aura(even negative), it will radiate that effect to Webber and all other nearby players. In PvP he can wear down the sanity of other players, and in team gameplay he can give it a tam-o-shanter and be a walking sanity aura for the team.

If simply gorged in meat, it will evolve into a kind of spider queen, that can be planted for various benefits(and unplanted at will).  While we have pets like Chester and Hutch, the spider queen will literally be a ''plantable base'' that, when planted, grants access to a special alchemy lab, firepit, and other convenient items. So Webber won't be able to store items in it, like other followers. But he will be perfectly self-sufficient and able to park himself in any spot, temporarily, have all of the neccessities of a conventional base, and then immediately pack up and clean up after himself when finished.  When this spider gets old, it will give birth to a bunch of little baby spiders(think of the spider bits that help Webber in the Forge) and these will be permanent, non killable, non-aggro drawing, non-hitstun helpers for him in combat for a few days before they die, and Webber will have to find a new spider to raise. Something that might work is that Webber will have to ''donate'' his materials to certain spots in this queens nest(like building the celestial portal or merm king spot) and will permanently have these every time he deploys the spider nest until it dies, and will have to rebuild them into each spider queen he raises.

If fed copious amounts of glommer goop, his wings, and his flower, it will evolve into a winged, creepy spider hybrid. capable of very weak ranged attacks, and allow Webber to ride on it and fly.  This version will need to be fed silk as ''ammo'' for it's projectiles, and it will eventually get tired from having Webber ride on top of it and require rest before it lets him ride again.  This spider needs the least amount of maintenence, and while it's health is higher, does not regenerate. It will be an ineivitability that this spider will die and will make Webber need to find a new spider to raise. Maybe it could also poop glommer goop and have a sanity aura like Glommer.  You might even be able to take out the ranged attack and mounting, and make him a ''super glommer'' that gives glommer goop with no sanity penalty and a team-wide sanity aura.

If neglected as a baby, it grows into a delinquent spider(kind of like his skin) and will refuse to help Webber, walk around trying to eat his stuff that he drops off the floor, and will not allow Webber to find a new spider to raise until it is killed. This would be his disadvantage. Failing to take care of your friend turns him into a permanent follower akin to a splemunkey, he will avoid danger(and have a special unique battlecry that makes enemies aggro to Webber). He will attack passive mobs, and they will consider Webber the one at fault(like Beefalo). After a certain amount of time, he will abandon Webber and wander the world around, at which point other players can kill it for a unique drop, or it can die on its own(but will not drop the item).  What this item is I don't know, just something fun and unique and not really that game changing, like a permanent unbreakable hat similar to the Queen Crown from Hamlet. Because Webber still loves this spider, even though it hates him, its death will immediately put Webber to 0 sanity and he will be too sad to raise another pet spider for a few days due to his failure to raise this one right.

So, unlike Wurt, who creates a Merm kingdom and pays tribute to her king, to gain a world-wide buff along with her people, and Wendy, who can call her self-sufficient, immortal sister to take on waves of enemies,  Webber will raise his own personal friend and through the power of disgusting spider friendship will make a singular entity that can travel the constant with him. He can't make friends with anyone, but he raises his own personal friend and depending on how their relationship matures the spider grows up differently.

While this won't exactly make Webber much of a ''Team'' player, it will give him a unique roll as a character who doesn't need to be babied by other players, in a way this is actually beneficial to the team as he isn't going to be raiding their fridge since he can just get his own meat very easily,  but will force him to keep the human players at arms length, which I think should be part of his design.

The idea of these spider evolutions is that they represent something Webber might feel he lacked, I don't know much about his backstory but it seems he misses his family. The Spider Queen will represent that and give him a nice cozy home to be in again.  The spider warrior will represent his families nurturing nature to protect him from harm that he doesn't have anymore, and the flying spider will be like his house pet that he no longer would have...however the imagry of this is twisted because his ''family'' is a bunch of hairy abonimations, that demand constant food from other creatures and probably don't actually have the capacity to feel the emotions that Webber projects on them.  This would make it appropriate to the twisted, Tim-Burton-like themes Don't Starve has always had, so it would even fit this.

• Webber should be able to pick up spiders and put them in his inventory without killing them. Maybe with a trap, maybe with his bare hands like a stunned bird/rabbit/Carrat. Like most held animals they'd need to be fed to avoid starving in inventory, and they'd eat meat exclusively. Other characters wouldn't be able to pick up wandering spiders even if they were stunned or sleeping, but they might be able to hold the spiders if Webber gave one to them or put it in a container. And, of course, they could be murdered in inventory to obtain their regular drops with no risk of taking damage.
  • With this ability to pick up spiders, he would finally be able to take cave breeds of spiders to the surface again as he can do with befriended ones in singleplayer Reign of Giants. The only reason he lost that ability in the first place was technical limitations on shard migration.
  • I've said on a few occasions that I want spiders to be able to wear hats. This is about 50% because I think it's adorable, and 50% because it would be useful if you could upgrade a particular spider (especially a Shattered Spider, Spitter, or Cave Spider given their special abilities) with the abilities of a hat: mostly armoring it with a battle helm/football helmet/etc or casting light with a spare miner hat, since sanity hats and insulation hats wouldn't do it any good, though outfitting lots of spiders with feather hats to attract lots of birds might have some benefit.
  • Yeah it would be nice to be able to draw spiders out of their dens during the day without aggroing them, wouldn't it? Maybe Webber would be able to craft a cheap Spider Bait item to set down on the webbing, or maybe he could just knock politely like the polite young man he is instead of punching the den.
  • It would be nice if Webber could build structures that Spitters, Cave Spiders, and Shattered Spiders could spawn from on the surface, though maybe not Spilagmites and Shattered Spider Holes exactly in the same way that Wurt doesn't make regular rundown merm houses. Especially because naturally generated Shattered Spider Holes appear to be spider queens entombed in lunar crystal, which would be both disturbing and improbable for Webber to duplicate on the mainland. I mean, I guess he can douse regular spiders in Lunar Experiment already, but you need a Hallowed Nights structure to make that stuff.
  • Befriended spiders don't attack Chester or non-riled-up Abigail and won't try to eat hatching smallbird eggs; ideally they would also have a delay before eating other meaty foods on the ground, but especially not the egg that has to be on the ground to hatch. They should also get a new animation to indicate that their friendship is close to expiring.

21 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:
  • Webber should be able to pick up spiders and put them in his inventory without killing them. Maybe with a trap, maybe with his bare hands like a stunned bird/rabbit/Carrat. Like most held animals they'd need to be fed to avoid starving in inventory, and they'd eat meat exclusively.
  • I've said on a few occasions that I want spiders to be able to wear hats. This is about 50% because I think it's adorable, and 50% because it would be useful if you could upgrade a particular spider (especially a Shattered Spider, Spitter, or Cave Spider given their special abilities) with the abilities of a hat

these would actually be great though could i change it up a bit and say that a picked spider becomes homeless when dropped, cannot be given to anyone else(of if it is then it is converted to meat/silk/glands on completion)?

oh boy, i had few ideas from a bit long time:

NO SPIDER WARS, it's awfull and ridiculous, why would webber make his friend go kill each other? it gives him all things he needs to survive

nerf his hp stat to 150hp

-12% slower chopping and minning

no spider egg and monster meat as an starting item

spider warrior transformation and lunar spider transformation
I wanted to make all spider related transformations (shell spider, spitter and dweller) but i think it would be really hard to make it fun, worh it etc.
so warrior and lunar are the only ones

how webber would get the spider warrior transformation?
so webber had to kill spider queen first (alone, without any help from other players) then he would get a special blueprint, blueprint that only webber could use, it would be for 

"silk cocoon" a structure that would help webber get the transformation
first webber would have to find lumpy tree (it would force the player to go into the wild. If it was normal evergreen, player would just plant it so that's why he has to pick lumpy tree)) and right click cocoon on lumpy tree, the cocoon will be built and player just have to go into it and wait (it would work like sleeping)

"that's all, just wait?" no nononononono, NO!
the player have actually prepare, why?
when the cocoon is built, it would spawn the web turf, if ANYTHING (including players and other webber) besides spiders would step on it the transformating would cancel, 25% materials needed for crafting cocoon would be droped on the ground and the player have to start again

"ok, but how the player would defend himself while he sleeps?"
make some defence, walls, traps and such, it would make the player to think and prepare

"why other players including other webber can't go near it?"
they can burn the cocoon, chop the tree (it can also cancel the whole thing)

"ok so what's the crafting of the cocoon?"
>40 silk
>spiderhat
>1 spider egg
>and 8 pig skin (it would make the player to go kill the pigs, as a proud spider he is!)

"ok, so, let's say everything went fine the cocoon wasn't even seen by anything, so what?"
after 1 day of sleeping, the player gets his lovely transformation, now he's spider warrior and his stats are
>25% dmg resistance
>1.25 dmg multiplayer
>225 max hp
>75 max sanity
>higher spider "friendship" (webber's spider would no longer "betray" him because of the queen)
>1.50 faster hunger drain
>haste chopping/minning mechanic
"but why?" spiders can't chop nor mine, pigs hate webber so it can help webber get the logs and rocks faster in mid game
so that's how the haste works:

webber starts chopping/minning and how long he does it, he faster does it (and his hunger drain is faster for the balance) the haste is cancel when webber starts doing anything else than minning/chopping

ok so what's the lunar transformation?
works pretty similiar, webber has to destroy 1 lunar spider den (alone ofc) then in the den's place spawn and a small area (like crater or something) the lunar cocoon is only available in lunar altar crafting, webber has to put the cocoon in the crater and has to do similiar things as for the normal cocoon while sleeping

the lunar webber's stats and perks:
>225 max hp
>120 max sanity (but he's sanity is actually that one from the lunar island, everywhere) and has sanity increase 6,75/min
>-20% walking speed
>1.50 dmg multiplayer
>can't have items in head, body and hand slot
>can chop trees and mine, dig with his bare hands (like werewilba does)
>2.25 hunger drain
>higher spider "friendship" (webber's spider would no longer "betray" him because of the queen)
>30% damage resistance

(both transformations doesn't stack)

oh, and some spider buildings

spider fort
cost: 2 cut stones, 4 boards, 1 spider egg and 4 silk
can't be upgraded
spawns: 4 spiders and 2 warriors
spiders from spider fort are neutral for non-webber players

spider cave
cost: 4 bone shards, 2 hound's teeth, 1 spider egg and 10 rocks
spawns: 3 shell spiders and a spitter
spiders from spider cave are neutral

dweller's den
cost: 1 spider egg, 4 bone shards and 12 silk
spiders from it are neutral

moon spider's den
cost: 5 moon rocks, spider egg and 10 moon glass shards
(only avaliable for webber in lunar altar crafting tab)

spider egg's crafting would be changed to 12 silk, 5 glands and 3 papyrus

what do you think? (sorry for my english tho)

16 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

I just want a balance between brand new features and shortcomings so they stay balanced.

Either that or we need to knock the best down a few pegs so future buffs look more justified 

I feel like at this point taking the new and reworked characters into consideration Wolfgang, Wicker, and Wx would become kinda crappy compared to them if they got nerfed tho tbh I never really considered wx to be that amazing dst wise

Just thought about it what if webber could mutate to appearances similar to the existing spiders gaining new strengths and weaknesses based on the mutations

a lot of nice ideas in this thread. there are a lot of ways klei could go with webber. im not 100% sure what id want to see but there are a few things i think would be very nice. 

- sleeping in T3 spider dens 

- "knocking" on spider dens during the day to bring spiders out 

- give webber some kind of way to use the poison debuff on enemies like maybe an unique blowdart made with spider drops. 

I agree with wons that from a "lore" perspective spiders wars really are kind of weird when u think about it cuz they're webber's kin... though im not sure how that could be alleviated in a satisfying way since collecting spider drops from the wars is basically one of webber's (if not the only) biggest perks 

11 minutes ago, Ohan said:

a lot of nice ideas in this thread. there are a lot of ways klei could go with webber. im not 100% sure what id want to see but there are a few things i think would be very nice. 

- sleeping in T3 spider dens 

- "knocking" on spider dens during the day to bring spiders out 

- give webber some kind of way to use the poison debuff on enemies like maybe an unique blowdart made with spider drops. 

I agree with wons that from a "lore" perspective spiders wars really are kind of weird when u think about it cuz they're webber's kin... though im not sure how that could be alleviated in a satisfying way since collecting spider drops from the wars is basically one of webber's (if not the only) biggest perks 

spiders wars arent a no sense when you see spiders eating their sisters corpses and also is the only good perk that has right now

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

spiders wars arent a no sense when you see spiders eating their sisters corpses and also is the only good perk that has right now

Webber forcing his own "kin" to murder each other on purpose for his own gain doesn't make sense at all and spiders don't naturally fight each other either, besides there's already like 3 characters that are pretty good at spider farming and such perk is boring anyways.

1 minute ago, Lammarr said:

Webber forcing his own "kin" to murder each other on purpose for his own gain doesn't make sense at all and spiders don't naturally fight each other either, besides there's already like 3 characters that are pretty good at spider farming and such perk is boring anyways.

that can be apply to all mob wars 

22 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that can be apply to all mob wars 

There's still a real big difference, Wilson for example doesn't care about pigs and forcing them to brutally maul each other wouldn't affect him in any way, Webber on the other hand DOES care about spiders and treating them like farm animals wouldn't fit his character. Also yeah, mob wars are still stupid though.

If we want to argue about spiders fighting with eachother- in Wurts short we see spiders fighting in beggining. Not very good argument, but kind of shows that spiders are even less smart than pigs. That's why they don't do much and are friendly for a short time. And always try to kill chester. Can't bring spiders to base even on solo world. 

Besides, I'd have nothing against killing the kind of a creature that literally ate me and fused with my body. To make them fight amongst themselves to my amusement would be even better. Though with Webber being a kind and calling them friends... 

I think Webber's biggest perk is simply that spiders aren't a big problem. He can walk around caves (insane in few minutes, true) and at least one kind of monster that just so happens to be all around the labirynth isn't hostile. I've always seen it as avoiding one of the most annoying nuisanses in the game that is a swarm of mobs that just walk around half of the day. And also the monster meat is good emergency food.

Giving him even more structures seems like a bad idea. It's already a problem when your local Webber wants a spiderfarm- always too close or too far or whatever else. To have even more types of spiders, that Webber will most likely plant all in one place will deem the area unapproachable by any other character. And whole point of spiders is that they're just mindless animals and it's strange enough that Webber can craft spider eggs now with just some silk and spider guts. 

Webber should have more to offer in ways of adapting to his surroundings- the way you can find spiders everywhere, no matter where you go. How exactly that should work I'm not sure. 

I'd like to see webber as a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde character.
Alert: all numbers are made up, the concept really matters.

He constantly loses sanity (-10/min) trying to control his monster side; he loses sanity (extra -10/min) while fighting. He gains sanity (+20/min) doing "human" stuff - like digging, chopping, cooking, eating, ecc... - and for the follow 2 seconds. 

At 100% sanity, his human component is dominant.
His speed in doing "human" stuff is increased (+50%), damage decreased (-15%).

At 0% sanity, his monster component is dominant.
His speed in doing human stuff is decreased (-50%), walking speed increased (+30%), damage increased (+50%). It gains a insanity aura of -30/min (not affect himself) in a considerable range. 

In between, the stats changed according the % of sanity: at 50%, his speed is increased by +15% and damage by +~20%. Insanity auta of -15/min in a medium range.

He has a portable "Spider Tend" (instead of Spider Eggs): it looks like a tend and works like a Straw Roll (only for webbers), so you can move around and place whenever you want. It can be upgraded with (10) nighmare fuels at portable "Spider Fortress": in addiction, offering meat food, you can summon spiders, up to 5. You can summon spiders warrior offering gourmet food. More hunger the offering restore, longer the spider fight for you. 
Sleeping or summoning spiders decrease the spider tend/fortress durability; his durability can be repaired with silk/nighmare fuel.

He's still a monster and he has a bear.

6 hours ago, AlienMagi said:

I'd like to see spiders lose the ability to demolish stone walls (it never really made sense).

Hopefully in a way that doesnt introduce a new farming exploit.

I'd be okay with spiders continuing to be able to destroy walls when the walls are between them and a target, but I wish they would stop targeting walls when there's nothing else nearby to attack.

18 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:
  • Befriended spiders don't attack Chester or non-riled-up Abigail and won't try to eat hatching smallbird eggs; ideally they would also have a delay before eating other meaty foods on the ground, but especially not the egg that has to be on the ground to hatch. They should also get a new animation to indicate that their friendship is close to expiring.

I agree so much with this point, mainly because most of the time in pub servers I've seen webber players shunned from community bases because of their spiders friends. It would be nice if their minions weren't agressive towards other players (abigails, chesters included) and viceversa, it could even prevent a tiny bit of griefing. I also think he should gain sanity from being near spiders dens or followers, or from using them to do his bidding. 

On 8/23/2020 at 3:25 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

I've read this a lot of times through the years, and I still don't understand the point.

For the memes :P

I've also been thinking that maybe he could mutate spiders into the specific kind that he wants, but changing the role of a minion by giving it something, sounds more like a mix of the current Abigail, and maybe future Maxwell rework.

I actually really like this. It sounds like a lot of fun to have spitter armies (I hate spitters but hey they would def be cool as friends)

He could also craft new types of spidery stuff, like a type of webbing anyone can toss around and instantly creates an area that gets enemies stuck for a few seconds, creating temporary bridges of silk to connect two pieces of land across small water or void gaps, like many types of real spiders do, or introduce the concept of poison damage into DST casting new weird effects onto enemies, besides damage over time (paralyzing, confusion, friendly spiders popping instantly from the corpse of dead enemies, etc)

Honestly I'm not quite sure how to make him original on the "minion" side though, now that Wurt is a thing.:indecisiveness:

Casting Web would be one of my DnD ins DST fantasies so I'm pretty much all for it! xD

Now the other effects, I'm not so sure about those. Spitters are really powerful + web + poison, paralysis, etc would be quite a lot of mobile DPS + crowd control + damage over time in one character. And it would only be fair IF also mobs could apply those effects on players to balance things out a little bit. Besides, poison or something along those lines would work really well in DST regardless if connected to Webber or not.  

On 8/23/2020 at 5:26 PM, BezKa said:

If we want to argue about spiders fighting with eachother- in Wurts short we see spiders fighting in beggining. Not very good argument, but kind of shows that spiders are even less smart than pigs. That's why they don't do much and are friendly for a short time.

yes they did in wurt's trailer but it doesn't mean that ALL spiders hate themself, probably it was just an argueing stuff (we, humans also do that don't we? ;)
webber in his quotes doesn't say nothing really mean towards spiders, yes he was eaten by one but spider mind and his human mind are fused into one

1. Yo can sleep in dens tier 2 and up (day only)

2. If your sanity is 90 or above, you have small night vision

3. You can tame and ride spider queens

(Doing so will be considerably easier than taming a beeflo) [Takes 8 days, no non meat, glands and silk speed it up to a max of 5, can spawn spiders in combat, no saddle needed but one can be equipped, less bucking off, slower but does more damage, ect.)

4. Goats, Pengulls, and Bearger are/is hostile

5. Not Afraid of the dead

He/They was/were dead for a large amount of time

6. Need 2 hearts to revive (will have texture changes for when 1 heart has been used)

7. Dens now need 12 silk, 5 glands, and 3 papyrus

8. He loses sanity from spiders dying (1-3 per death),

This should balance out how much wars can get him

9. He can make spitter (2 eggs, 2 rope, and 5 boards) and brute nests, (2 eggs, 2 rope, and 5 cut stone) which have 2 levels, (level 1 has 2 of their respective spiders and level 2 has 4 of their respective spiders, and they never turn to queerns) [Rangers dens have boards at the top,  bump, and bottom, and brutes have cut stones at the bottom, bump, and top]

10. Super spiders

Webber can make Super spider dens (which have 2 black widow-like spiders that look like Webber's gladiator skin, and can not be befreinded) [2 Spitter Eggs, 2 Brute Eggs, 8 rope, looks like a combination of the previous two but with holes, and] Which upgrade with the 4 stages of the den

Stage 1: Baby spiders, can't fight and are prone to dying

Stage 2: They are the size and have the abilities of normal spiders, with small red markings and  have spiked hair

Stage 3: They are basically warrior spiders, but have more health and are slightly bigger than normal spiders, and can poisen enemies

Stage 4: They are the same size as the player, and they do more damage and jump farther. There markings are more noticeable

They will always respawn with one less level than their nest, but they gain it back in a day or two

11. You can Attach Normal nests to trees, but they only upgrade to level two before becoming queens and upgrade slower

12. Takes slightly more damage (Slightly more than grass suit protects)

13. Super spiders are neutral, and will not attack players randomly

This makes them good for hound waves

14. No dusk sanity loss, slightly reduced night sanity loss

This and #2 makes him great for caves, and very useful for rushing ruins

15. Befriended spiders no longer target other players

They will attack if non Webbers touch them, kinda like with Webber touching Abby

16. Spiders are now out all the time in caves (save for cave spiders)

This is definitely NOT influenced by the time I got killed by a worm because it was summer and I did not have a spider following me already

17. You can knock on dens to get spiders out

On 8/23/2020 at 5:03 AM, wons said:

oh boy, i had few ideas from a bit long time:

NO SPIDER WARS, it's awfull and ridiculous, why would webber make his friend go kill each other? it gives him all things he needs to survive

nerf his hp stat to 150hp

-12% slower chopping and minning

no spider egg and monster meat as an starting item

spider warrior transformation and lunar spider transformation
I wanted to make all spider related transformations (shell spider, spitter and dweller) but i think it would be really hard to make it fun, worh it etc.
so warrior and lunar are the only ones

how webber would get the spider warrior transformation?
so webber had to kill spider queen first (alone, without any help from other players) then he would get a special blueprint, blueprint that only webber could use, it would be for 

"silk cocoon" a structure that would help webber get the transformation
first webber would have to find lumpy tree (it would force the player to go into the wild. If it was normal evergreen, player would just plant it so that's why he has to pick lumpy tree)) and right click cocoon on lumpy tree, the cocoon will be built and player just have to go into it and wait (it would work like sleeping)

"that's all, just wait?" no nononononono, NO!
the player have actually prepare, why?
when the cocoon is built, it would spawn the web turf, if ANYTHING (including players and other webber) besides spiders would step on it the transformating would cancel, 25% materials needed for crafting cocoon would be droped on the ground and the player have to start again

"ok, but how the player would defend himself while he sleeps?"
make some defence, walls, traps and such, it would make the player to think and prepare

"why other players including other webber can't go near it?"
they can burn the cocoon, chop the tree (it can also cancel the whole thing)

"ok so what's the crafting of the cocoon?"
>40 silk
>spiderhat
>1 spider egg
>and 8 pig skin (it would make the player to go kill the pigs, as a proud spider he is!)

"ok, so, let's say everything went fine the cocoon wasn't even seen by anything, so what?"
after 1 day of sleeping, the player gets his lovely transformation, now he's spider warrior and his stats are
>25% dmg resistance
>1.25 dmg multiplayer
>225 max hp
>75 max sanity
>1.50 faster hunger drain
>haste chopping/minning mechanic
"but why?" spiders can't chop nor mine, pigs hate webber so it can help webber get the logs and rocks faster in mid game
so that's how the haste works:

webber starts chopping/minning and how long he does it, he faster does it (and his hunger drain is faster for the balance) the haste is cancel when webber starts doing anything else than minning/chopping

ok so what's the lunar transformation?
works pretty similiar, webber has to destroy 1 lunar spider den (alone ofc) then in the den's place spawn and a small area (like crater or something) the lunar cocoon is only available in lunar altar crafting, webber has to put the cocoon in the crater and has to do similiar things as for the normal cocoon while sleeping

the lunar webber's stats and perks:
>225 max hp
>120 max sanity (but he's sanity is actually that one from the lunar island, everywhere) and has sanity increase 6,75/min
>-20% walking speed
>1.50 dmg multiplayer
>can't have items in head, body and hand slot
>can chop trees and mine, dig with his bare hands (like werewilba does)
>2.25 hunger drain
>30% damage resistance

(both transformations doesn't stack)

oh, and some spider buildings

spider fort
cost: 2 cut stones, 4 boards, 1 spider egg and 4 silk
can't be upgraded
spawns: 4 spiders and 2 warriors
spiders from spider fort are neutral for non-webber players

spider cave
cost: 4 bone shards, 2 hound's teeth, 1 spider egg and 10 rocks
spawns: 3 shell spiders and a spitter
spiders from spider cave are neutral

dweller's den
cost: 1 spider egg, 4 bone shards and 12 silk

moon spider's den
cost: 5 moon rocks, spider egg and 10 moon glass shards
(only avaliable for webber in lunar altar crafting tab)

spider egg's crafting would be changed to 12 silk, 5 glands and 3 papyrus

what do you think? (sorry for my english tho)

This is pretty good!

I especially like the new spider egg crafting recipe

Archived