What would you want to see in a webber rework?

Well, Keep the spider wars, I don't mind it,  they aren't intentional for the character, the players created them, but a sanity loss for the fallen spuder friends would come in handy to at least not get rid of a good spider loot resource, and still make sense that they are your friends.

We have some pretty good suggestions here, I don't know  if would be a bummer if Webber had kinda of an Evolution Mechanic, like Wurt or WX, where he turns into a Spider warrior,and his stats change,but nothing very drastic, maybe a little damage increase, but nothing compared to Wigfrig or Wolfgang's damage, I play Webber a lot and I'm happy with the character so I really don't know what to suggest,but that he need a rework, he really needs. 

Strange to say but webber is probaly going to be a hard character to refresh his base is a minion character but if they allow him to build all the den types he becomes a massive hazard to non webber's even more so people who are bad at fighting or don't explore much and assume they're normal spiders. But if you go the route of giving him personal abilities they'd need to be impactful as it would be the main aspect of his gameplay.

Also I don't think spider wars should be punished there are plenty of out of character actions we can do in game just to name a few

-Walter doesn't like killing living things as references by his fighting quotes and you could I repeat could be a pyromaniac as Walter heck other characters will even call you out on how out of character it is

-Wurt can murder Fish and Merms worse yet if you don't live near a pond this is the only way to get fresh water fish so the game unintentionally encourages.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:03 AM, wons said:

spider warrior transformation and lunar spider transformation
I wanted to make all spider related transformations (shell spider, spitter and dweller) but i think it would be really hard to make it fun, worh it etc.
so warrior and lunar are the only ones

how webber would get the spider warrior transformation?
so webber had to kill spider queen first (alone, without any help from other players)

I don't really like the idea of transforming the spider, unless ALL spiders get that ability. And I don't want to be encouraged to kill Mommy Long-Legs, either. That's mean.

I like a bunch of ideas here and on that linked thread. The night vision mechanic proposed Canis sounds really cool. So does sleeping in spider dens, projectile/placeable web, and any way to get unique spiders between caves/surface. I would also like friendly spiders not attacking Chester and Abigail.

And I would like incentives to not kill spider friends. Spider wars are mean for someone calling them friends. If he can have a multiplayer-friendly way of utilizing spiders in a non-infighting manner, I would really like that. I don't know what, but I know that's the result I want.

i don't know where I mentioned it, if it was here or discord. But a webber should have a way to make temporary web bridges over gaps in the caves or on the water.

This was branched out from a thought that I had for webber to have 1 loyal spider captain which never loses loyalty even when not fed. But the spider captain has augmented powers from whatever variety of spider that is befriended that time. For example, the web bridge spider would be a captain who started off as a spitter spider.

If you main webber, I'd like to discuss this idea and see what other powers a spider captain should have.

3 hours ago, chirsg said:

i don't know where I mentioned it, if it was here or discord. But a webber should have a way to make temporary web bridges over gaps in the caves or on the water.

This was branched out from a thought that I had for webber to have 1 loyal spider captain which never loses loyalty even when not fed. But the spider captain has augmented powers from whatever variety of spider that is befriended that time. For example, the web bridge spider would be a captain who started off as a spitter spider.

If you main webber, I'd like to discuss this idea and see what other powers a spider captain should have.

I like the idea for the bridge but I don't think it should work over water.

6 hours ago, chirsg said:

I like the bridge idea, and would be fine with them working over any gap that's small enough to have the web connect on either side. Spider captain is interesting but I'd prefer to see it implemented like Pipspooks. A mob you can find rather than one he starts with. If it's not some random spider he has for no reason but a cool unique spider friend he finds, that would be pretty cool.

Jumping off other suggestions and existing mechanics, Have it spawn from an indestructible source so it doesn't need to be invincible like Woby. More like a Tallbird nest or Glommer Statue. To let it get between caves and surface, give it a "backpack" form so you can equip it and carry it with you.

On transformations. If it's a special adapting species, then all of them. All of the spiders. I don't want that for Webber himself because his Spider is a normal spider. But it'd be fine for a special new species.

And one other thing I remembered I want. Can he please get his Shamlet Mask from Hamlet in DST? It can be renamed if needed. Jst keep its functionality. And let it be shared with Wortox and Wurt players just like Wurt can share her clever disguise. I know there are mods for that, but I want it in unmodded games.

I understand why he got it in Hamlet. But it would be great to have for multiplayer for similar reasons. Other people might want pig helpers and that makes the three monsters nervous.

As a Webber main, i feel obligated to answer this thread:

1. Give Webber a way to buff his Frlendly Spiders.
Instead of using spiders to fight, which i'm guessing was the main idea of allowing him to have Friendly Spiders, 95% of the time i see Webber's just making Spiderwars for free Silk and Glands, and while i'm not complaining about this, i just think it's a waste of potential not having a way to make Spiders more beneficial for Webber because, let's be honest, spiders to fight other enemies are kinda useless, and let's not even talk about bosses.

2. Give Webber an "Area of Peacefulness"
What i mean with this is like, an area where if other players are near him Spiders will not attack those players. This would "Sort of" allow him to plant his Spider Nests more near the base, without having to go to the other side of the map to not create a potential threat to your teammates, and could potentially make Spider Farm more easy, since spiders will not get distracted to attack a teammate in the wars. (And i know what i've said in Point 1, but this is in the Scenario where 1 it's not possible)

3. Don't make Webber lose sanity on Afternoon.
I mean, he's a spider, spiders come out in the Afternoon, that sanity drop kinda doesn't makes sense.

4. A special crafting tab for Spider Stuff. 
Maybe adding a Silk Thrower that works like Ewecus projectile, a Spider-Backpack-Nest to spawn spiders every once in a while, a mask to fool the Pigmens (Just like in Hamlet), etc.

5. This is just me being stupid imaginative, but...
If a "Permanent" companion (obviosly one that if dies comes back after 5-10 days, like Chester or Abigail) gets added to Webber, like a baby spider or something like that gets added i ain't complaning eh?
It doesn't necessarily has to be a "Battle Companion", but could be something like the Golden Whale from Castle Crashers (I mean, that he drops Silk every 2-3 days, or maybe feeding him would make him to give you Silk in exchange, or something like that, idk)

6. Give Webber a way to upgrade his own abilities.
For example, give him the ability of Jumping (Like the Warrior Spider), spit poison (like the Spitter Spider), yada yada yada, you get the idea. (maybe this could be stupid OP, so i would recommend adding a downside for doing this, like, requering a loss of 125 of HP per upgrade, taking a time of not being able to do anything for a few seconds, and, obviously, don't make these "Morphs" permanent.)

7. Allow him to have more than 1 item on his hands.
He has 5 free hands when holding a Spear, why not allow him use a Torch on the other hand?

For some nerfs, i think that he should have a limit of Friendly Spiders (in the case that way to buff them is implemented), maybe lose sanity if he kills spiders by himself, etc.
While i think that changes like, the "Area of Peacefulness" or the Permanent Companion could make Webber an OP character in some ways, i think that the other ideas are pretty good to make Webber more "Remarkable"

Keep in mind i'm not the best player on DST, so maybe some of these ideas are ridiculous, so please take this with a pinch of salt.

give him a special den that spawns high dmg/hp spiders, but it cant be upgraded and when its destroyed it just drops the egg.

traps made from silk that slows enemies attack speed and walking speed? or maybe like a turf idk

he can make special cones with silk and they grow up into trees like the ones in hamlet? then he can climb up when they are fully grown and sleep but they one use.

he can throw silk at his enemies and when he hits them thrice they get stunned or just go in random directions. this doesnt apply to bosses.

I once threw an idea of giving him a 'leap' similar to one that Spider Warriors/Wheeler use.
I also wondered how would insta-gathering from Gorge work in-game for him.
And when it comes to combat, i'd toss an idea of making Spider Nests a crafting station (like Pseudoscience), that'll allow Webber to make weapons webbbed (which, slows down foes) or craft traps for mobs (Spidermines or a trap that works like Ewecuss Flegm)

When it comes to downsides however, i'd prolly make him easier to make insane. Ex, going without a meat/prey will cause his 'spiderside' to go nuts on him.

edit; also lol, just noticed some folks here suggested the same thing

On 9/12/2020 at 11:12 AM, PandoPon said:

i'd toss an idea of making Spider Nests a crafting station (like Pseudoscience), that'll allow Webber to make weapons webbbed (which, slows down foes) or craft traps for mobs (Spidermines or a trap that works like Ewecuss Flegm)

I'm making a list of things I've seen suggested and this is going on my "I love it" category. Nests as a crafting station sounds so perfect I can't even. I don't care what the craftables are, I just want it to work like that.

When killed, Webber drops two souls. I take this to mean that Webber isn't totally 'fused' between boy and spider. Therefore, I would like to see some differences between the two parts. Even something as simple as dialog, but I would like it to be more akin to Woodie's curse, where the full moon, or eating too much monster meat triggers the more primal, spider side of Webber. With added abilities of faster walk speed, and more attack damage at cost of hunger or sanity. 

Alternatively Webber should be able to hire spiders like Wurt can hire Merms.

Archived