[POLL] August QOL review

If you rated one star please tell in the comments what changes you didn't like  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Rate how good was the update

• ⋆⋆⋆ (Excellent/Good)
    • ⋆⋆ (Ok/Mixed)
    • ⋆ (Poor/Bad)
  2. 2. Are you hyped for the next character refresh?

• Yes!
    • No, I wanted someone different
    • I am fine with any character refresh

Just now, Well-met said:

Nothing super amazing but it's still welcome.

3rd option for the second vote seems redudant

Not really. I want to see the difference if people want the Wigfrid refresh from the people that are "not really interested in refreshes" to avoid vote inflation.

I'm thankful for the changes. Definitely glad bats now are more useful and they're worth keeping nearby despite their annoying noises lol. Maybe bat farms will be a thing now. 

Edit: nevermind bat wings have low drop rate again lol

Wasn't expecting Wigfrid to receive the refresh but im definitely hyped to learn more about her lore specially.

My wild guess is that she will be able to craft other battle related gears like armor, Maybe even a shield since there is one hanged in that house in the sneak peek.

The I am fine with any refresh is a good choice, I selected it.. 

And here’s the reason why- Potential list of Refreshable Characters: 

Wigfrid, Webber, Wilson, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, WX78, Wes, Maxwell. (And if we can count DLC..) Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba, Wagstaff, Wortox, Wormwood, Wurt.

I also choose that the update was good, why? Because Klei did a lot of visual improvements to make things look nice- Plus Beard skins for Wilson & Webber.

AND finally my mad Moxxi top hat... I will bite your finger off if you try to take it off my head. <3

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The I am fine with any refresh is a good choice, I selected it.. 

And here’s the reason why- Potential list of Refreshable Characters: 

Wigfrid, Webber, Wilson, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, WX78, Wes, Maxwell. (And if we can count DLC..) Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba, Wagstaff, Wortox, Wormwood, Wurt.

I also choose that the update was good, why? Because Klei did a lot of visual improvements to make things look nice- Plus Beard skins for Wilson & Webber.

AND finally my mad Moxxi top hat... I will bite your finger off if you try to take it off my head. <3

none of those you mention beyond maxwell are getting a refresh.

Most don't even exist and wortox, wormwood and wurt were made after Klei decided to have a better grip on characters.

17 minutes ago, smeagolheart said:

I love Wigfrid as she is, I am nervous about tinkering with her she's pretty powerful and balanced already.  There's other characters with more significant issues than her, why her.

Refreshes not only involve new in game mechanics but also come along with lore and probably skins. Seeing she is so popular and still not knowing so much about her was kind of a missed chance. 

I do agree other characters struggle a bit mechanic wise more than Wigfrid. But lorewise I am really intrigued to know how an actress got into the Constant. She was eventually getting a refresh anyways... Her compendium hinted that too

i wouldve loved to see more item/craft recipe tweaks like the rabbit earmuffs and batbat since in theory those should be easy to do since its just number tweaks. that said im really happy with the rabbit earmuffs finally no longer requiring science, that'll be nice for when i join public servers in winter :D the cookbook i also really like, once u make everything once u'll no longer have to toggle between wiki and the game for recipes 

Pretty sure all characters from the default game cast are going to get a refresh- 
Refreshes are not aimed at making a character any more or any less OP...

They are Aimed at making a character feel even more unique and different from other choices you can pick, Each Refresh so far has added brand new gameplay elements & Craftable items for every character.. 

I am not bothered by Klei’s choice in who they want to refresh- It’s not about winning a Popularity contest.. it’s about what Klei wants to do with their characters.

I actually started playing Characters that have yet to be reworked a whole lot less when I heard that they would be being reworked.. I used to love playing Wigfrid but I didn’t want to get used to how she plays NOW and then end up not liking how Klei has always envisioned her.

These Reworks are Klei’s interpretation of how they want their characters to be represented.. some people for example- Did not like Woodies Rework, but that’s what Woodie is now and they’ll either have to accept it and learn to live with those changes, or find a different character they enjoy more.

My one and ONLY Wish with these Reworks, is that they would also allow an option to choose their Non-Reworked versions.. that way even if you dislike a characters upcoming rework, you can still play them as they were before the rework.

The new Cookbook has almost no impact on my gameplay, it should rather be accessible for everyone without crafting as it doesn't affect the gameplay unlike other tools.
Despawning Rockjaws feels sad as I enjoyed it having Rockjaws on my boat or in my zoo.
Rabbit Earmuffs being craftable without science is a nice QoL as it will help players who join during winter to survive more easily.

The only thing which ruins the QoL update for me is the huge tweak on Batilisks: Gathering Batilisk Wings for Bat Bats became about 8 times easier now; Cave Holes turned into sort of overpowered food sources; Guano biome is useless now.

So I see a new dedicated pollmaker has appeared on the scene. While at first i felt a mix of apprehension and skepticism I soon realized how proud I was of their work. The art of pollmaking shall be in safe hands, and I can now rest easy.

1442424612_images(33).jpeg.566bc195c2b76222a5ad2854094e738f.jpeg

Seriously though, excellent work :) thougb I'd prefer giving the update two weeks to age before releasing a postmortem poll (which I might do btw).

As for the update itself, while it has good content I was expecting other things entirely so I only have myself to blame for my current disappointment.

Lightning will no longer make me start crying profusely and breaking my fists on my desk because the container closed unexpectedly, so it is a great update. I was surprised to see how many mods were incorporated into the base game, too. Drop items, less blinding screen flashes, I think there was a mod for the backpack thing, and the cookbook is a little like the crockpot helpers.

14 hours ago, Brubs said:

Edit: nevermind bat wings have low drop rate again lol

It's still a lot higher than it used to be, and I wouldn't even really say it's that low of a drop rate for how frequently they spawn. It went from 15% to 75% to 25%.

10 hours ago, Cheggf said:

It's still a lot higher than it used to be, and I wouldn't even really say it's that low of a drop rate for how frequently they spawn. It went from 15% to 75% to 25%.

I know 25%>15%.

When bats had 75% chance of dropping their wings, Bat farms were a possibility because it was a good food income, regardless the Bat Bat usage. But i guess Klei didn't want bats to sustitute the Bunnymen or Pig farm. (Bunnymen always drop 2 carrots and 75% chance of dropping meat)

IMO there were other ways of tunning the bat's wings. Maybe reducing their health given when cooked, idk. Let's face it right now they are more of an annoyance than anything else. There's better ways of getting food, better ways of getting guano/poop and Bat Bat's niche use wasn't improved

I was really hoping they would do something about bugs with shadow pieces. In my oldest world of 3k days meteors destroyed my rebuilt rook and knight off screen before i could mine them on a full moon and the the marble pieces used to repair them are gone from the world meaning i can never do shadow pieces or Fuelweaver. A simple fix would be to add all three pawns for Rook Knight and Bishop into the tumbleweed loot pool/ remove the prerequisite of needing to have obtained the sketches prior. The only statue i was able to mine was Bishop therefor the only pawn i have ever found in tumbleweeds is 6 Bishops. Fix this please that way for old worlds like mine that had the suspicious marble pieces bug out somehow we can just farm tumbleweeds for the statues instead. The same thing happened to the Pawn and Queen statues, meteors destroyed them and their sketches off screen and they aren't in the tumbleweed loot pool because i never actually picked them up. I submitted this to bug tracker and a moderator couldn't duplicate it so he called me a liar that just wanted a way to bypass the rebuilding of clockwork statues. Like really dude? I have no problem switching to walter and riding them over. The point was that my 3k world is broken because meteors destroyed my repaired statues off screen and the marble pieces to repair them are gone. I can never do Shadow pieces or FW now and it kills me.

Sorry about that rant. The update was meh as i had high hopes for a shadow piece rework of sorts. The bat bat reduces cost is cool though i never realized how good that weapon is. Everything else was meh i don't play webber so idc about beards but my friend loves them. The updated textures all look nice too except for grass walls they are way too bold they don't go good with tan fences anymore.

Archived