Best healing choice for wormwood?

Its been a while I played dst and I recently bought wormwood. But now I am having a lot of problems playing him recently because he can't heal from dishes. I have opt out for bee boxes and spider farms for healing items but I'm having no luck. They require papyrus/ stones which are rather rare. what should I do? How do you play him? What are your priorities? Please share

What do u mean specifically when u say ur having no luck with spiders/bees? do u mean just the secondary resources required? i agree papyrus can be tricky to collect especially if u have a bad world gen but rocks should always be plentiful. try using a couple of bramble traps near several spider dens, their AOE damage will make short work of large numbers of spiders. You can also use ur bramble husk + beekeeper hat to kill huge swarms of bees very easy thanks to the aoe of the body armor 

Outside of fights when playing as Wormwood, I use the Tent or Siesta Lean-to to heal myself as Wormwood. During fights I rely on Healing Salve or Honey Poultice. His Compost Wrap ain't such a good choice because it takes alot of time to be applied, making it not that effective during fights.

Fur roll. Go down to cave, make bunnies kill each other and obtain two bunnypufs early. Craft fur bedroll and sleep when you fail in combat early. Later on, gland farm and stonefruit is all you need for ton of salves.

17 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

His Compost Wrap ain't such a good choice

i hate that this is true... i wish it worked more like jellybeans, heals a lot but as a heal over time. we already have salve and poultice for in-combat direct healing. This way compost wrap could be an alternative to sleeping if u want to stay active 

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

i hate that this is true... i wish it worked more like jellybeans, heals a lot but as a heal over time. we already have salve and poultice for in-combat direct healing. This way compost wrap could be an alternative to sleeping if u want to stay active 

It feels more like Klei made Compost Wrap to give Wormwood an alternative recipe for Healing Salve, because it was hard to gather Spider Glands or Silk early on in DS: Hamlet. Later on to balance it out it became as strong as Honey Poultice, and in DST Klei wanted to flex with a newer & better healing animation, which made this item useless (outside of fights, Tents are doing a way better job). Making it work like Jellybeans might make it weaker than it is right now since the healing effect won't stack with itself.

I half forgot about hamlet lol! yeah i can see how the wraps were initially made to be an alternative to healing salves in a world without spider dens. 

4 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Making it work like Jellybeans might make it weaker than it is right now since the healing effect won't stack with itself.

do u mean the wrap HoT wouldnt stack with itself? im not sure why that should be considered  if it heals 100 hp over 2 minutes or whatever is appropriate in comparison to Jellybeans why would u want it to stack? 

if it were a HoT the incredibly long (but fun to look at) animation wouldnt be much of a hindrance either cuz u could pop it before a fight or whatever. also "lore-wise" a heal over time would make more sense for a "compost wrap" since compost/fertilizer in a garden takes time to become effective its not something instant 

A part of what is already said, i like to use batbats. They are so easy to craft if you have a guano biome close or a cave entrance near and wormwood has no problems with sanity, also i keep the guano to have little quick healings meanwhile food is cooking

Just now, Ohan said:

I half forgot about hamlet lol! yeah i can see how the wraps were initially made to be an alternative to healing salves in a world without spider dens. 

do u mean the wrap HoT wouldnt stack with itself? im not sure why that should be considered  if it heals 100 hp over 2 minutes or whatever is appropriate in comparison to Jellybeans why would u want it to stack? 

if it were a HoT the incredibly long (but fun to look at) animation wouldnt be much of a hindrance either cuz u could pop it before a fight or whatever. also "lore-wise" a heal over time would make more sense for a "compost wrap" since compost/fertilizer in a garden takes time to become effective its not something instant 

I see it as a great idea. Since is not useful as a regular healing item making them a weak jellybean will improve a lot the gameplay without loosing that hilarious animation (i like how happy looks wormwood with poop in the face)

Currently in a 130+ days solo play with him, here is what i found to be the most reliable healing sources:

1) Healing salves - make a bunny/spider farm and just collect glands every few days, gather some light bulbs from a cave, burn them and get a stack of ashes, stone is very easy to get, and there you go, lots of healing salves.

2) Tent - extremely good at regaining health, easy to make if you have access to a spider farm (See above).

Later in the game:

1) Bat bat, very useful in long boss battles as a switch weapon.

2) Life amulet - if you kill Klaus every winter, you will get 2-3 of them.

3) Jelly beans

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

It feels more like Klei made Compost Wrap to give Wormwood an alternative recipe for Healing Salve, because it was hard to gather Spider Glands or Silk early on in DS: Hamlet. Later on to balance it out it became as strong as Honey Poultice, and in DST Klei wanted to flex with a newer & better healing animation, which made this item useless (outside of fights, Tents are doing a way better job). Making it work like Jellybeans might make it weaker than it is right now since the healing effect won't stack with itself.

Problem with compost wrap is that you will quickly find yourself running out of nitre.

(Some people may have mentioned the same stuff as I have)

Well, it depends... I'd say if you're playing Wormwood and have a Wickerbottom player and reed trap setpiece in the world, your best option would be honey poultices (Because Wickerbottom can mass farm reeds). If you're lucky enough to get a bat-bat then you could use that, too. Otherwise use healing salves or just spider glands. His compost wrap is just too expensive in my opinion and isn't really worth the materials and time you need to invest and only get 30 health in return, plus it takes a while to apply. Now, for late and mid game you could use jellybeans.

By normal means use a tent and glands/salves. If beequeen was killed, jelly beans are easiest.

Warly is a really good combo with wormwood for grim galette. It swaps sanity and health. Since wormwood can achieve full sanity easily by planting things, he can craft living logs until he has <21 hp and then eat a grim galette to gain full health. Note you'll be insane though.

If your playing with other people- Wortox 

If your not playing with other people- Tents, Lean-To or the games actual dedicated healing tab...

The only thing I’m upset about is that Wormwood is the only character who does not heal from eating food.... why is that even a thing..? If we have an actual Medical Tab meant to heal you anyway?

If I’m in my kitchen washing a sink full of dishes and accidentally cut my finger on a knife in the bubble filled water, I don’t think going to Taco Bell and buying a Doritos Locos Taco then taking a nap is going to heal it.

No.. Peroxide, Gauze, Bandaids & Time to heal will heal it.

I would prefer an option to choose rather eating food items heals you... Instead of having to play as Wormwood to get that added Challenge.

The TL:DR- Use Healing Tab.. and Learn to Wear protective Armors to avoid taking too much damage, Or Just get a Wortox to heal you all the time.

21 hours ago, Ohan said:

It's reasonably useful in Hamlet, but that's because I don't think you can even get bees in Hamlet and spider glands only come from scary gorilla things instead of regular spiders. In a RoG setting it's mostly useless because better healing items are so much easier to get, although I've heard of some people putting it to good use in the ruins.

Personally I mostly use tents and occasionally a poultice or salve if someone made a bunch of them/collected lots of the ingredients. If the players in question are available, Walter's portable tent is at least as good as a fur roll and a Wortox can drop souls for you.

Wormwood is a good character to consider taming an ornery beefalo. Your beefalo takes the damage instead of you. You can either let it naturally regenerate or feed it blue caps. It's a good way to counteract the downside of not being able to chow down blue caps or pierogies yourself

Archived