[Game Update] - 416585

• Developer
  • Only Walter will have the Tell Story action at fire pits
  • Walter’s fearlessness no longer prevents sanity loss while equipping Night Armor and Dark Sword. It was not intended to protect him from the effects of shadow magic.
  • Walter will no longer shoot his Slingshot at targets that die while he is loading
  • Fixed double killing creatures with the Slingshot, which was resulting in gaining double sanity from killing nightmare creatures.
  • Fixed a potential crash when moving slingshot ammo into containers
  • Fixed large Woby texture bugs.
  • Fixed a rare crash in when attacking with the Twisted Dagger skin.
  • Fixed an issue were the Weregoose Ghost was unable to haunt things while using a controller, making it hard to resurrect.
  • Fixed Walter’s missing hat when he’s telling a story.
  • Adjusted Woby’s speed and hunger in big form.
  • Fixed Tent and Siesta Lean-to health gain.
  • Hermit will freeze properly if frozen.
  • Fixed the Crockpot open and close HUD sounds.
  • Other assorted sounds fixes.
  • Wes is able to inflate balloons again.

View full update

• Like 25
  • Thanks 26

• Developer
4 minutes ago, zVince said:

Hey Scott. Can you tell me if there is anything in relation to server performance. Here's a lot of lag problem. (Yellow and Green Host)

I was made aware of this last night. I will be looking into it today.

2 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Klei Official Servers appear to be still not updated (Still something between version 408761 and 416247), could that be fixed?

They should be up now, well most of them. Some are having technical difficulties...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Hey @ScottHansen Can I please ask that you guys either make Walters Allergy to bees much much more Drastic or at the very least that you change his in game quote for them from him saying he is “Deathly” Allergic? 

Being Deathly Allergic means one sting would be Potentially life threatening, which he would need some kind of medication to counter react the bee’s poison I’m thinking something simple as an Antidote, like Maybe the Booster Shots? and to ease newer players into his Deathly Allergy maybe Woby can spawn with 3-4 pre crafted booster shots inside her inventory. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey @ScottHansen Can I please ask that you guys either make Walters Allergy to bees much much more Drastic or at the very least that you change his in game quote for them from him saying he is “Deathly” Allergic? 

Stop. You've brought this suggestion more than enough times. Now its as simple as shoving it down peoples throats just because you feel like it. If you want a one-shot bee allergy for Walter then mod it and make it a reality. From what i remember you're the only person that wants it to be "this" more life threatening, people who support that idea feel free to stand up.

Edited by bruhmoment23
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Stop. You've brought this suggestion more than enough times. Now its as simple as shoving it down peoples throats just because you feel like it. If you want a one-shot bee allergy for Walter then mod it and make it a reality. From what i remember you're the only person that wants it to be "this" more life threatening, people who support that idea feel free to stand up.

I said they could either make it more threatening (not one shot.. just a very slow health core drain) or change his quote to simply being allergic but not DEATHLY Allergic. 

Simple really.. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Walter’s fearlessness no longer prevents sanity loss while equipping Night Armor and Dark Sword. It was not intended to protect him from the effects of shadow magic.

sure just nerf the sanity drain that you gain from shadow magic but not from the darkness without light, ancient fuelweaver and other yankee mobs that have sanity drain. walter the fearless with the exception of shadowmanipulator items. :shrug:

10 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

just let people express their opinions. I think the devs can determine if they want to change it or not. Telling people to "shut up" is not the point of the forums.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, emin61 said:

sure just nerf the sanity drain that you gain from shadow magic but not from the darkness without light, ancient fuelweaver and other yankee mobs that have sanity drain. walter the fearless with the exception of shadowmanipulator items. :shrug:

I'm fairly certain shadow Items drain Walter's sanity because they directly effect the holders brain with magic and nightmare fuel and stuff like you cant stop that nightmare fuel from affecting your brain. Walter may not be "scared" of nightmare items but he cant help that they directly drain his sanity via magic.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, emin61 said:

sure just nerf the sanity drain that you gain from shadow magic but not from the darkness without light

As opposed to darkness with light, sorry couldn't help myself :P

58 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  •  
  • Walter’s fearlessness no longer prevents sanity loss while equipping Night Armor and Dark Sword. It was not intended to protect him from the effects of shadow magic.
  • Adjusted Woby’s speed and hunger in big form.

View full update

Nice to know that the way Woby worked before wasn't intended, hopefully it makes a little more sense now (as opposed to making her big, riding her for a bit till she gets too slow, then waiting for her to shrink instead of using tons of more monster meat to get her back to full) 

Also sad to see the the little boy scout who was so brave they could hold a sword made of nightmares with no problems go xd

If i'd be honest i would create a poll of buffing dark sword and nightmare armor not giving sanity drain anymore because what klei did was a bad move. its not a groundbreaking thing but seriously thats something we didnt ask or thought. kinda a little dissapointed.

5 minutes ago, emin61 said:

If i'd be honest i would create a poll of buffing dark sword and nightmare armor not giving sanity drain anymore because what klei did was a bad move. its not a groundbreaking thing but seriously thats something we didnt ask or thought. kinda a little dissapointed.

Its made of shadows what did you expect them to feel great joy? "I'm holding something made of nightmares i sure do love nightmare fuel and terrorbeaks!"

edit: sorry if that sounds rude btw your post just doesnt make sense

Edited by TheHollowKnight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Being Deathly Allergic means one sting would be Potentially life threatening, which he would need some kind of medication to counter react the bee’s poison I’m thinking something simple as an Antidote, like Maybe the Booster Shots? and to ease newer players into his Deathly Allergy maybe Woby can spawn with 3-4 pre crafted booster shots inside her inventory. 

how do you defeat beequeen then? is already challeging (i didnt try but you only need to see numbers) to ask for this

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, emin61 said:

If i'd be honest i would create a poll of buffing dark sword and nightmare armor not giving sanity drain anymore

You can always create a topic with said poll and then check the communities response! While I agree the idea is cool, it does go against the things established in the game (the dark sword makes you lose sanity because of the dark magic of what it is). And I prefer the flavour and characters of this game compared to the raw mechanics.

• Like 1

Ability of other players aside owner to take items from Woby's inventory might be addressed?

And "Walter can tell stories at the campfire that will cause other survivors to restore some sanity" perhaps should be limited to 1 Walter per campfire or at least not being cumulative (multiple Walters doing said action). Atm seems excessive in sanity restoration.

• Thanks 2