[Game Update] - 416585

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

In its current form, DST is no where near that challenging, proof is in being able to survive 300+ days through all seasons in DST, and then dying in 6 days on my first run with Hamlet.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say you've probably played more DST than Hamlet. So the one you have more experience in will be easier for you and you'll find it much simpler to survive for longer compared to the expansion that you're totally new to, and are taking on for the first time.

Went on a bit of a rant here so feel free to ignore it.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dont Starve Together is still very much part of the Dont Starve Franchise- And as being such it needs to have a more hardcore mode that adds the spiked difficulty of stuff like Shipwrecked and Hamlet... 

What I mean by this for example: Poisoned Frogs, “Sickly” Biomes.. Another thing I’ve noticed about Hamlet & Shipwrecked that DST DOES NOT Do (save for the occasional treeguard or Birchnut gaurd) Is that when chopping trees in those other DLCs they have a % Chance to also spawn enemies, like Snakes and Scorpions.

While I have all the other DS games apart from Hamlet (thanks to the great sales Klei do!) I haven't played them much at all. But from what I can assume from things I've seen and heard, the base DS game is easier and has fewer challenges compared to RoG, which adds additional challenges, but because we're here playing DST with RoG as part of the base game, that's how we see those additional challenges, as part of the base game. You don't see the challenge the content presents because it's always been there, so why would you?

Similarly, Shipwrecked and Hamlet built off the new features that RoG added to improve them and make them more difficult, but instead of enhancing the base game like RoG, it shook the whole game up into something completely new. Not to mention the fact that that Klei decided to be smart and basically include the DS+ DLC in the base game of DST. It feels kind of silly to ask them to create new content in the same vain as DLC content that totally changes up the game and how it is played, while we're still getting updates for free, and were given 6 new characters after the games release (half of which were free as well) and the game freaking gives you a gift copy when you buy it to give to a friend!

Sorry, I got a little off topic there, TL; DR asking for new updates in the same vain of DLC is a little ridiculous, when taking into account the only monetisation is cosmetics and 3 characters, AND there's a mod available doing exactly what you're asking for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why does it sound so unbelievable for Walter to have something.. to fight Bee Queen? Could be as simple as hitting himself with a few Anti-Cures prior to actually going into the fight.. Kind of like how you can use the Blood Plague cure shots before, or during being attacked by Zombies in State of Decay 2..

Dont Starve Together is still very much part of the Dont Starve Franchise- And as being such it needs to have a more hardcore mode that adds the spiked difficulty of stuff like Shipwrecked and Hamlet... 

What I mean by this for example: Poisoned Frogs, “Sickly” Biomes.. Another thing I’ve noticed about Hamlet & Shipwrecked that DST DOES NOT Do (save for the occasional treeguard or Birchnut gaurd) Is that when chopping trees in those other DLCs they have a % Chance to also spawn enemies, like Snakes and Scorpions.

In its current form, DST is no where near that challenging, proof is in being able to survive 300+ days through all seasons in DST, and then dying in 6 days on my first run with Hamlet.

The game in its current form- Is mostly peacefully holding your hand... but I hope SOMEDAY a New mode gets introduced that goes into that same server selection toggle as “Lights Out, Survival, Wilderness, Endless..”

The TL:DR- there are different ways of playing this game already.. so can we please stop reacting with a confused face react and accept that there should be a totally separate from what your experiencing now... much more Uncompromising Mode. 

(Preferably a Klei official Uncompromising Mode.. That takes all the ideas of what THEY feel an Uncompromising Mode should be.. official game content that isn’t a mod.)

DST doesn't NEED to be hardcore, the devs take the game in the direction that they generally want to take it. And adding poison to DST as well would make the shipwrecked and hamlet less special, what's next, have aristocrat pigs in DST? What you said isn't proof, it just shows that the 2 games are different, and you obviously haven't played Hamlet before, yet are experienced in DST. Also, not EVERYBODY can survive for that long, I have seen many many people who are still pretty bad at the normal DST.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

DST doesn't NEED to be hardcore, the devs take the game in the direction that they generally want to take it. And adding poison to DST as well would make the shipwrecked and hamlet less special, what's next, have aristocrat pigs in DST? What you said isn't proof, it just shows that the 2 games are different, and you obviously haven't played Hamlet before, yet are experienced in DST. Also, not EVERYBODY can survive for that long, I have seen many many people who are still pretty bad at the normal DST.

Yeah.. which is exactly why Lunar Island and those more difficult Shattered Spider mobs are tucked away off on their own little island somewhere, They added that more advanced content into the game.. but they didn’t just be like Okay let’s add them EVERYWHERE!!!

No.. they saw how some people still struggle with the game in its Vanilla form, which is exactly why every single Return of Them content update has been content you had to actively go out of your way to find.. it does NOT effect the main land and content that people are used to playing. 

You guys don’t get it do you? You want the game to be harder and to add new content, and they’ve been doing that with return of them only difference is that content they add never effects the main islands it never makes the starting area of the game anymore difficult on beginner players then it already was..

And for that I have to heavily applauded Klei. 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah.. which is exactly why Lunar Island and those more difficult Shattered Spider mobs are tucked away off on their own little island somewhere, They added that more advanced content into the game.. but they didn’t just be like Okay let’s add them EVERYWHERE!!!

No.. they saw how some people still struggle with the game in its Vanilla form, which is exactly why every single Return of Them content update has been content you had to actively go out of your way to find.. it does NOT effect the main land and content that people are used to playing. 

You guys don’t get it do you? You want the game to be harder and to add new content, and they’ve been doing that with return of them only difference is that content they add never effects the main islands it never makes the starting area of the game anymore difficult on beginner players then it already was..

And for that I have to heavily applauded Klei. 

That is literally nothing like what I said. I agree with that statement

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

That is literally nothing like what I said. I agree with that statement

Thank You, but Because the new content they have added (so far) has not effected the starting area of the game (for simplicity sake let’s just call it the Beginner Islands)

Some people are wanting Klei to make drastic changes to those Beginner Islands because they feel like all the content in Return of Them (So far) has been completely Optional. But as I said in my previous post there’s logical reason behind it. And when myself, Ogrecakes or Canis want more difficult content in the forms of a much more Uncompromising Mode.. we want that to be its own game MODE and not something that’s going to make the Vanilla game experience any harder on people who already struggle enough with the way the game is now.

The Beginner Islands shouldn’t suddenly be amped up in difficulty just because...

And so theres Beginner Island, and then There’s Lunar Island.. and if a more difficult Area were to be added to the game I would expect stuff like Lunar Caves or another (even harder than Lunar Island) Island..

To some this feels like Optional Content, But to ME I believe it’s the only way they can ever truly make the game more difficult with new content.. without making it harder on those starting their journey out on “Beginner Island”

So The TL:DR- Return of Them will ALWAYS feel like optional content, unless Klei suddenly decides to make the Beginner Islands harder... and for those of us wanting a more Hardcore Experience that affects our ENTIRE World.. that should be where the brand new Mode or Personal difficulty slider options (that effect only Me) come into play.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thank You, but Because the new content they have added (so far) has not effected the starting area of the game (for simplicity sake let’s just call it the Beginner Islands)

Some people are wanting Klei to make drastic changes to those Beginner Islands because they feel like all the content in Return of Them (So far) has been completely Optional. But as I said in my previous post there’s logical reason behind it. And when myself, Ogrecakes or Canis want more difficult content in the forms of a much more Uncompromising Mode.. we want that to be its own game MODE and not something that’s going to make the Vanilla game experience any harder on people who already struggle enough with the way the game is now.

The Beginner Islands shouldn’t suddenly be amped up in difficulty just because...

And so theres Beginner Island, and then There’s Lunar Island.. and if a more difficult Area were to be added to the game I would expect stuff like Lunar Caves or another (even harder than Lunar Island) Island..

To some this feels like Optional Content, But to ME I believe it’s the only way they can ever truly make the game more difficult with new content.. without making it harder on those starting their journey out on “Beginner Island”

So The TL:DR- Return of Them will ALWAYS feel like optional content, unless Klei suddenly decides to make the Beginner Islands harder... and for those of us wanting a more Hardcore Experience that affects our ENTIRE World.. that should be where the brand new Mode or Personal difficulty slider options (that effect only Me) come into play.

Yea, in my previous reply I forgot to mention it, but a hardmode would be cool.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Except WX, which is immune to poison. :wilson_curious:

And probably Webber who would be immune to spider poison for obvious reasons.

Wormwood would be immune to traditional poisons.. but still could get diseased plant poisoning. 

Idk *shrugs* I just feel like DST needs to get some harder content to make it have the amped difficulty Like SW/Ham.

Edited by Mike23Ua

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wormwood would be immune to traditional poisons.. but still could get diseased plant poisoning. 

Idk *shrugs* I just feel like DST needs to get some harder content to make it have the amped difficulty Like SW/Ham.

Like more bats? XDDD

I would like the variety of atacks in mobs like hamlet and how extreme are the season from sw (but in long worlds) like the strong winds, raining and the amount of thunders

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Like more bats? XDDD

I would like the variety of atacks in mobs like hamlet and how extreme are the season from sw (but in long worlds) like the strong winds, raining and the amount of thunders

There’s a lot of things that SW and Ham does differently then DST that DST could use- Chopping Trees in SW or Ham also comes with a chance to spawn snakes or scorpions.

Thats just One example, Chopping Trees in DST will only very rarely spawn a Treeguard or Birchnut Guard, or if your on Pearls Island/Lunar Island chopping those Tree’s May spawn a totally peaceful Lunar Moth.

And that’s the biggest problem I have with DST... it’s just too damn peaceful and puts way too much focus on boss fights instead of bringing new mobs & mechanics such as- Chop Tree = Chance to Spawn Enemy, some enemies or Biomes carry Poison Damage over time, Tall Grass not being pluckable by hand and instead needing to be chopped using a tool.

These things really add up over time.. Maybe I’ve been campaigning for the wrong stuff all along, Maybe DST doesn’t NEED Shipwrecked and Hamlet Compatibility.. but Rather what it NEEDS is features INTRODUCED through SW and Ham..

(like the Above examples)

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, WX-78 is canonically immune to all poison effects (except the Gas Forest). 

Webber and Wormwood are still affected by poison, heck, Wormwood has a character exclusive "poison balm" for a reason. :wilson_sneaky:

• Haha 3

On 6/17/2020 at 1:39 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Why does it sound so unbelievable for Walter to have something.. to fight Bee Queen? Could be as simple as hitting himself with a few Anti-Cures prior to actually going into the fight.. Kind of like how you can use the Blood Plague cure shots before, or during being attacked by Zombies in State of Decay 2..

I'm confused because you are advocating for changes such as allergy immunity items which would actually make it easier for Walter to fight Bee Queen, all the while complaining that the game is not challenging enough. I like that Walter takes heavy penalties for tanking BeeQueen, and it makes no sense that his allergies would not apply to BQ or grumble bees. Adding more penalties onto a sting from a regular bee is not going to substantially increase the challenge to an experienced player because it is incredibly easy to dodge their attacks.

Having played Hamlet and DST an almost equal amount I will say that solo DST has always felt more challenging for me due to the increased difficulty of bosses.

• Like 4

Spoiler
On 6/17/2020 at 1:16 PM, Mike23Ua said:

You guys don’t get it do you? You want the game to be harder

On 6/17/2020 at 7:32 PM, Mike23Ua said:

DST needs to get some harder content

DST is no where near that challenging

Okay okay hold up. Lemme get this straight.

You want the game to be harder but then you get annoyed at people who want the game to be harder? Make up your mind y'all! We're just going in circles here!

Spoiler

94633192_giphy(1).gif.58b75737b0f5167fc1f734dc1d016b95.gif

Edited by zee_dragon
Weird quote problems
  • Haha 1