[Game Update] - 416585

Tbh. i get that people aren't too happy about the new change of him not losing sanity from dark magic. 

But he's just a kid, he's not maxwell the 2nd who can bend his mind to dark powers. his Fearless perk has nothing to do with dark magic.

Plus he already got lots of ups than downs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

how do you defeat beequeen then? is already challeging (i didnt try but you only need to see numbers) to ask for this

I’m sorry I had to do this.. (please don’t be angry with me) xD

But- 

ACF6B76C-25DC-4249-95E5-1674E25EC3A2.png

656895BA-8537-4AE6-B94D-9558EF70F6AD.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey @ScottHansen Can I please ask that you guys either make Walters Allergy to bees much much more Drastic or at the very least that you change his in game quote for them from him saying he is “Deathly” Allergic? 

Being Deathly Allergic means one sting would be Potentially life threatening, which he would need some kind of medication to counter react the bee’s poison I’m thinking something simple as an Antidote, like Maybe the Booster Shots? and to ease newer players into his Deathly Allergy maybe Woby can spawn with 3-4 pre crafted booster shots inside her inventory. 

Ah, yes. Let us take a shot after every. single. hit. That Bee Queen grants upon us. Including her Grumbles

1 minute ago, PunkShark said:

Tbh. i get that people aren't too happy about the new change of him not losing sanity from dark magic. 

But he's just a kid, he's not maxwell the 2nd who can bend his mind to dark powers. his Fearless perk has nothing to do with dark magic.

Plus he already got lots of ups than downs.

It is bad to lose that perk of his, yes, and I can live with it, but the reason it was pretty handy to have, is that the Slingshot isn't THAT good right now. But yes, with some fixes to that, losing this perk is understandable

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m sorry I had to do this.. (please don’t be angry with me) xD

But- 

ACF6B76C-25DC-4249-95E5-1674E25EC3A2.png

656895BA-8537-4AE6-B94D-9558EF70F6AD.jpeg

so you can remove the possibility of fighting a boss with new character mechanics just to add a downside that only affects that fight and being hitten meanwhile you farm bees? (wich are the easiest mob to kite)

wow

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaZoul said:

Ah, yes. Let us take a shot after every. single. hit. That Bee Queen grants upon us. Including her Grumbles

I mean if your DEATHLY Allergic to a bee.. your not going to suddenly go fight one the size of your house.

A brief description of what being Deathly Allergic means: A single sting will have you breaking out in ugly rashes, your eyelids, lips, tongue and vision will start to become impaired & throat will swell up making it difficult to breath.

If he was simply just “Mildly Allergic to them..” then their stings would be PAINFUL but not seriously life threatening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean if your DEATHLY Allergic to a bee.. your not going to suddenly go fight one the size of your house.

A brief description of what being Deathly Allergic means: A single sting will have you breaking out in ugly rashes, your eyelids, lips, tongue and vision will start to become impaired & throat will swell up making it difficult to breath.

If he was simply just “Mildly Allergic to them..” then their stings would be PAINFUL but not seriously life threatening.

Yes, you told us that definition. Many times. And I understand it, I do, but you gotta understand, that he needs to be viable in these situations, otherwise he becomes not-that-good. One could use the Celestial Portal of course, but still, a character needs to be able to handle near any situation the game can throw at them.

• Like 7

Also will just leave this here:

13 minutes ago, pedregales said:

The following is just my opinion on how to make him more of his own character rather than an amalgamation of several characters:

• General perks:
    • Has a ranged weapon (slingshot).
    • Does not lose sanity from darkness or monsters (fearless).
    • Has many allergies. Specifically, pollen (includes flowers and butterflies and their moon variants), spores, nuts, bees and cats (includes antlion). Loses sanity from being close to, or holding, anything he is allergic to, loses health and sanity from eating things he is allergic to, and takes more damage from mobs he is allergic to (this damage is not affected by armor or damage reduction on enemies). Of course, due to his allergy to nuts, his favorite food should no longer be the trail mix, instead should be kabobs as it is feasible to cook over a campfire.
  • Boy scout perks:
    • Cooks faster over a campfire.
    • Loves campfire food. Campfire cooked food is twice as effective for him.
    • Can tell stories over a campfire.
    • Fire safety. Fire spreads more slowly around him.
  • Companion perks:
    • Has a chester/beefalo hybrid as a companion (Woby). Apart from her original function, Woby can also tell you what are you going to find when inspecting suspicious dirt piles (she will make a happy face if it is a koalephant, an angry face if it is a varg, or a disgusted face if it is an ewecus).
    • Woby can bark at enemies. While Walter is fighting, she can bark and growl at the enemy scaring them into doing slightly less damage.

Aka "refurbished" Walter with his con centered on allergies (Would definitely feel new as a character con) - source.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Ability of other players aside owner to take items from Woby's inventory might be addressed?

I think it's fine as is. If there's a problem with players stealing from your Woby then that's a player problem not a character problem. There's actually good reason to allow other players to access Woby. If you die but there's something important inside your Woby like say for instance a spider gland other players can still access it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, smallishbird said:

I think it's fine as is. If there's a problem with players stealing from your Woby then that's a player problem not a character problem. There's actually good reason to allow other players to access Woby. If you die but there's something important inside your Woby like say for instance a spider gland other players can still access it.

Yet most times there's too much "player problem" and allowing others access to Woby most likely will end up in them looting it all... including said spider gland (or should I say even more so mentioned gland) :rolleyes:

I mean, I don't really care that they reversed the decision with the sword and armor; I'm just sad that the armor is, once again, gonna go widely unused. I was really happy that Walter got to find a use out of that pricy armor, but now I still don't really feel like using it with this change.

3 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I mean, I don't really care that they reversed the decision with the sword and armor; I'm just sad that the armor is, once again, gonna go widely unused. I was really happy that Walter got to find a use out of that pricy armor, but now I still don't really feel like using it with this change.

buff shadow armor recipe then. They did it for marble suit.

can you PLEASE give walter more campfire stories i am BEGGING you

have him talk about how he learned of the werebeaver or like...the mothman. hold a contest for people who can write the best campfire stories or don't lol

i just wanna hear more than just stuff about hook handio and bog monstah

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CactusCompanion said:

can you PLEASE give walter more campfire stories i am BEGGING you

have him talk about how he learned of the werebeaver or like...the mothman. hold a contest for people who can write the best campfire stories or don't lol

i just wanna hear more than just stuff about hook handio and bog monstah

He never learned about the werebeaver tho. Him wanting to learn got him sucked into the Constant to begin with.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey @ScottHansen Can I please ask that you guys either make Walters Allergy to bees much much more Drastic or at the very least that you change his in game quote for them from him saying he is “Deathly” Allergic?

Yeah I'd rather not. Walter wearing a beekeeper hat will already take 22 damage and 44 sanity per BeeQueen sting. Without armor it's -70 damage and -140 sanity. I'd say the "Deathly" description of his allergy is sufficiently accurate. Please no more nerfs.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, jpmrocks said:

He never learned about the werebeaver tho. Him wanting to learn got him sucked into the Constant to begin with.

but like he got pulled into the dont starve world because he was investigating the werebeaver so he must have heard about it somewhere though

Edited by CactusCompanion

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

...him saying he is “Deathly” Allergic? 

that still makes sense, if someone truely fear about something, he might overstate the fact

I think increase damage on attacked is quite enough

if change the damage mechanics like poisoning, damage stack on times being attacked, deal over time

this is really abundunt to gameplay and game design

Walter would have worst experience on boss like Bee Queen

he has worse damage and speed at ranged combat, and is a bit worse at melee combat already

I do think they might able to add animation in future like generating red bean on his skin for every bee attack on him

probably negative side:

People with Intensive phobia might be fear at playing this game in pub server with Walter in case

that's why I think it might be better not adding it, and it doesn't affect the gameplay totally

since his main perk is slingshot: more supportive weapon, and good at hunting small prey like rabbit and bird

7 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

Yeah I'd rather not. Walter wearing a beekeeper hat will already take 22 damage and 44 sanity per BeeQueen sting. Without armor it's -70 damage and -140 sanity. I'd say the "Deathly" description of his allergy is sufficiently accurate. Please no more nerfs.

There’s a simple solution to that- Grumble Bee’s and Bee Queen would be something he is immune to the DoT effect for, meanwhile actual beehives, beeboxes, or the hostile beehives.. would deal the slow damage over time bleed out tick.

I am currently playing HAMLET on my Xbox One and the whole slow bleeding out Health core gimmick is EVERYWHERE in that DLC.. there’s even an entire “Sick” Biome full of toxic plants that you’ll start to take the DoT effect from just stepping foot on the land.

Dont Starve Together is peacefully holding your hand and it’s about time that changes... I want a separate dedicated game mode with more Hardcore settings applied.

i can literally sit here and list off a hundred changes a Hardcore mode could go through to make the game more Uncompromising to make it feel MORE Like Hamlet in terms of being uncompromising..

Simply changing ALL Beehives to being the Hostile version hive would be an example of Uncompromising Mode.

But the TL:DR- It should be there as a thing for people who WANT and Crave that added Hamlet style Uncompromising aspect.. yet it should be locked behind its own settings so the game can be as compromising or uncompromising as YOU feel like playing it.

Here I never said I was a Expert at DS- and this was how long a lasted on my first run with the newly released (for Xbox) Hamlet Expansion.. 

E3FFD783-80E0-4892-BA67-07A558D73EA4.thumb.jpeg.b8520d4fc7b65ba94c2e2371e7860021.jpeg

6 days... SIX DAYS!!! When meanwhile in DST I survive well over 300+ days until I get bored with a world and start over.

We NEED these changes and I can only hope & pray that people like myself & @Ogrecakes cries for Spiked Difficulty aren’t just going unnoticed.

Edited by Mike23Ua

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

There’s a simple solution to that- Grumble Bee’s and Bee Queen would be something he is immune to the DoT effect for, meanwhile actual beehives, beeboxes, or the hostile beehives.. would deal the slow damage over time bleed out tick.

But that would make zero sense! And getting a whole poison mechanic just for one character is completely unnecessary.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sir,Wendy's entry into the cave and back to the ground will recover her sanity (this bug will also occur when you leave the game room and re-enter the room). Will it be fixed in the next hotfix version of the game?

GIF 2020-6-17 17-02-04.gif

Edited by joker177
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Walter’s fearlessness no longer prevents sanity loss while equipping Night Armor and Dark Sword. It was not intended to protect him from the effects of shadow magic.

And other shadow magic like evil flowers. Walter's sanity do not fall at these flowers but Bee Queen's crown is still effective.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am currently playing HAMLET on my Xbox One and the whole slow bleeding out Health core gimmick is EVERYWHERE in that DLC.. there’s even an entire “Sick” Biome full of toxic plants that you’ll start to take the DoT effect from just stepping foot on the land.

Dont Starve Together is peacefully holding your hand and it’s about time that changes... I want a separate dedicated game mode with more Hardcore settings applied.

i can literally sit here and list off a hundred changes a Hardcore mode could go through to make the game more Uncompromising to make it feel MORE Like Hamlet in terms of being uncompromising..

Simply changing ALL Beehives to being the Hostile version hive would be an example of Uncompromising Mode.

But the TL:DR- It should be there as a thing for people who WANT and Crave that added Hamlet style Uncompromising aspect.. yet it should be locked behind its own settings so the game can be as compromising or uncompromising as YOU feel like playing it.

Here I never said I was a Expert at DS- and this was how long a lasted on my first run with the newly released (for Xbox) Hamlet Expansion.. 

E3FFD783-80E0-4892-BA67-07A558D73EA4.thumb.jpeg.b8520d4fc7b65ba94c2e2371e7860021.jpeg

6 days... SIX DAYS!!! When meanwhile in DST I survive well over 300+ days until I get bored with a world and start over.

We NEED these changes and I can only hope & pray that people like myself & @Ogrecakes cries for Spiked Difficulty aren’t just going unnoticed.

I dont think it needs to be worse. As I read from ur other posts(correct me if I'm wrong) you dont really care about fighting optional bosses. Which from that mindset this idea of urs sounds a little less crazy. But using this against bee queen is foolish. Many people care about fighting bee queen and would make the fight impossible. As some1 said, she already does 22 dmg which is alot for having 130 hp. 

And no, switching characters for the fight is bad because that basically says his downside is so extreme that its impossible for him to be able to fight bee queen. Every character needs to be able to go through challenges in their own way

Also when will this patch hit xbox. I'm dying to use those woby speed changes :D

• Like 3

Why does it sound so unbelievable for Walter to have something.. to fight Bee Queen? Could be as simple as hitting himself with a few Anti-Cures prior to actually going into the fight.. Kind of like how you can use the Blood Plague cure shots before, or during being attacked by Zombies in State of Decay 2..

Dont Starve Together is still very much part of the Dont Starve Franchise- And as being such it needs to have a more hardcore mode that adds the spiked difficulty of stuff like Shipwrecked and Hamlet... 

What I mean by this for example: Poisoned Frogs, “Sickly” Biomes.. Another thing I’ve noticed about Hamlet & Shipwrecked that DST DOES NOT Do (save for the occasional treeguard or Birchnut gaurd) Is that when chopping trees in those other DLCs they have a % Chance to also spawn enemies, like Snakes and Scorpions.

In its current form, DST is no where near that challenging, proof is in being able to survive 300+ days through all seasons in DST, and then dying in 6 days on my first run with Hamlet.

The game in its current form- Is mostly peacefully holding your hand... but I hope SOMEDAY a New mode gets introduced that goes into that same server selection toggle as “Lights Out, Survival, Wilderness, Endless..”

The TL:DR- there are different ways of playing this game already.. so can we please stop reacting with a confused face react and accept that there should be a totally separate from what your experiencing now... much more Uncompromising Mode. 

(Preferably a Klei official Uncompromising Mode.. That takes all the ideas of what THEY feel an Uncompromising Mode should be.. official game content that isn’t a mod.)

• Haha 1