There is no motivation in the game.

You have lived over 9000 days.. And? After 100-200 days, the game will become so easy.
You have killed all bosses.. So? You won’t get anything - no ending.

I believe that the game should have a difficulty counter and calculated rewards.
And normal ADVENTURE modes!!! Not events for sure.

We just have a billion wonderful mechanics who can’t be released.

Well, if you make a moba or a tower defense from DST, you won’t surprise anyone.))))))

Just need really new game modes. X_x

If you think the game is too easy you're free to try out different world settings, characters you're not used to, basing in harsher places like caves or playing mods such as the new uncompromising mode which adds quite a degree of difficulty to the gameplay.

A new gamemode like the forge/gorge could be interesting, but unlikely to be permanent at all, mostly because Klei doesn't want to split DST playerbase.

I recommend trying out boss rushes, building boats, ocean fishing, base designing, mod designing, or even teaching others in-game if you're out of things to do. I personally like to play on large public servers because the limited carrying capacity of the map makes resource management and some degree of teamwork required.

okay so sometimes when people dont have motivation to play the video game

IT JUST MEANS YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME GO PLAY OTHER VIDEO GAMES

(then you'll maybe want to play ds again later, but yeah)

If you feel burnt out, don't feel obligated to keep going. Come back to it in a couple of days (or weeks) when you have an idea what to do. Or alternatively, start from scratch, try new worldgen, do a community-made challenge, try a character mod, play uncompromising mode (/s)

If none of that interests you, perhaps modding yourself (or getting more modding-inclined friends to help you make a mod) would interest you (Dont beg people to do all the work for you though)

Whhat if this game wouldn't have code's access or any mods...

As I'm playing on console, I have a short story. At the first time I wanted to craft a crokpot, I couldn't find out what was all the ingredients. In fact, I didn't have mouse to point that strange black thing I needed, and simply read the name of it. What was that ? As I never burned a tree yet, I've never seen a charcoal. Ridiculous, right ?

I was so desesperate (no, it wasn't so easy to determinate: Charcoal of course ! Console's fault) that I did what I didn't want to do, going to internet... And OMG ! Was hard to not read "one" or "two" things I wasn't looking for.

I realised how big was that game. And I have this question: A new player, without internet or any mods, could he play ALL HIS LIFE without discovering many, so many things ?

7 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Whhat if this game wouldn't have code's access or any mods...

As I'm playing on console, I have a short story. At the first time I wanted to craft a crokpot, I couldn't find out what was all the ingredients. In fact, I didn't have mouse to point that strange black thing I needed, and simply read the name of it. What was that ? As I never burned a tree yet, I've never seen a charcoal. Ridiculous, right ?

I was so desesperate (no, it wasn't so easy to determinate: Charcoal of course ! Console's fault) that I did what I didn't want to do, going to internet... And OMG ! Was hard to not read "one" or "two" things I wasn't looking for.

I realised how big was that game. And I have this question: A new player, without internet or any mods, could he play ALL HIS LIFE without discovering many, so many things ?

i was a year without knowing nothing about atrium, shadow pieces, etc because i was busy surviving but, idk if console players have it, but you can experiment in new worlds with the commands

14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i was a year without knowing nothing about atrium, shadow pieces, etc because i was busy surviving but, idk if console players have it, but you can experiment in new worlds with the commands

When you talk about commands, it's an ingame feature in PC version ? Or do you need to install it ? We don't have that on console.

1 minute ago, Moonatik said:

When you talk about commands, it's an ingame feature in PC version ? Or do you need to install it ? We don't have that on console.

It's basically the debug console and if it's used, it's for cheating. You can spawn in items, make time pass, make yourself god-mode and more stuff, that's why I use a mod to block it, If I cheat with the console I will feel terrible and want to delete my world

1 minute ago, Charlie Dark said:

It's basically the debug console and if it's used, it's for cheating. If it's used at all. You can spawn in items, make time pass, make yourself god-mode and more stuff, that's why I use a mod to block it, If I cheat with the console I will feel terrible and want to delete my world

I always thought it was a mod you need to install. Wait... You put a mod to block it ? Oh damn... I'm laughing for real. ;)

Ok. So I feel more proud of all the work I did in my game... What a pain ! But I love it.

3 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

I always thought it was a mod you need to install. Wait... You put a mod to block it ? Oh damn... I'm laughing for real. ;)

Ok. So I feel more proud of all the work I did in my game... What a pain ! But I love it.

Me too, that's why I installed a mod to block it... I only use it in test worlds, I want this sweet feeling of accomplishment that's why I used a mod to block it, to open it it's as simple as pressing ~, and if you know most of the commands like me... You can get that bad feeling of wanting to cheat sometimes and then feel terrible because doing it

18 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Me too, that's why I installed a mod to block it... I only use it in test worlds, I want this sweet feeling of accomplishment that's why I used a mod to block it, to open it it's as simple as pressing ~, and if you know most of the commands like me... You can get that bad feeling of wanting to cheat sometimes and then feel terrible because doing it

No test on consoles... Make things harder, in a way. Could I resist ? Mmh.. I'm glad we have nothing like that.

"Console master true players" AH AH AH !

Anyway, my point was that you can't blame any games to be easy when you mastered them. It's a non sense.

Hey hey hey, to be fair, the only console command I've ever used is the spawn-stuff-in one, and even then, only--ONLY!--for my purely _decorative_ building projects.  As soon as I'm done, say, making my Japanese sand garden, I start gathering and chopping stuff as usual, and if I have to travel a bit to get to a certain resource I do that travelling...when it comes to stuff I need for my actual gameplay survival, I do NOT use the cheats.  That would feel cheap and stupid, to me.

(Also bear in mind I am doing this singleplayer and in a Huge world, so sometimes the resources I would need for the decorative build are WAY far away, and these projects tend to take _at least two entire seasons_ to finish even WITH the cheating.  So...I figure it's okay to magically boop stuff in if it's JUST to make a thing _look_ cool.  If it has any bearing on actual gameplay, I dun do it.)

Anyway, normally here I'd suggest mods that add other factors or unpredictability, such as Thirst or the Actual Season Randomiser or even one of the change-the-entire-world-up ones like Island Adventures or EPIC, but...you're on console.  So my advice to you is the same as with anybody else, who is feeling burned out and bored by _anything_:

Take a break.  You don't have to do the same game all the time.  Me, I love the Sims for example, but I go in fits and starts about it rather than being a total addict.  I'll get like "YEAH SIMS SIMS IS SO FUN I HAVE ALL THESE IDEAS LET'S MAKE THESE CHARACTERS, AND DO THIS CHALLENGE"...and then I'll go _several months_ before I happen to feel like playing it again.  Because, meh.  I just don't.  I still like it, but I don't have to play it _all the time_ to be a fan.

It's the same as with anything, not just games, really (writing, for another good example)--taking a break clears your mind, gives you time to rest and then you might come back with a new perspective or new ideas.   (shrug)

...Notorious

I can see why spending more than a few in game years on a world would get old real fast, but I'm a serial restarter sooo...

Comparatively speaking, DST has much more replayability than most but I'm sure you can look forward to more content before this year is out.

The key is not to just consider Ancient Fuelweaver as game over. DST has always been more about the goals you set yourself like:

1. Solo anything you've relied on groups to do in the past.

2. Change up your playstyle - try ruins or boss rushing

3. Catch the heaviest of every type of fish

4. Domesticate every end-type of beefalo (Default, Ornery, Rider, Pudgy)

5. Perform every variation of the shadow chess pieces fight

1028. Do all the above with each character

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want to use console commands to spawn Walani, Charlie and SW+Ham content into my DST game saves.

But NPCS have no AI... I spawned Maxy, Winona and little Wendy in my test world, you can feed them, revive them but still, they have no AI :( 

Spoiler

maxlie.PNG.0bebb0bbce29c255faed3ef27a465d50.PNG

• Try new characters
  • Try another worldgen settings (even if they will break your game lol)
  • Try to set up a main base in caves
  • Start building megabase (me and the boys my friends are building a megabase using architect pack for almost 1k days, and we didn't start to decorate cave yet)
  • Try gameplay-affecting mods like Feast & Famine or Uncompromising mode (they're even compatible)
  • Try to play with cool music in your head- or earphones (i'm usually doing so)
  • Try to learn how to speedrun toadstool, AncFuel, Bee Queen, etc.
  • Try to play with friends 
  • Try to play Adventure Mode mod

There are soooooo many options, you just need to take a closer look :wilson_laugh:

Archived