Community Choice Vignette - Winona - Next of Kin

On 4/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, bruhmoment23 said:

Would love to see this one ingame, similiar style to the Wendy's Nightstand Vignette.

Screenshot_20200403-233715.jpg

On 4/3/2020 at 7:54 PM, Blunderbuss said:

image.thumb.png.12242fa6cff3271d1b3adccabe96973a.png

This one is cool!

actually I take it back, if we get the chance to do this it should be something funny!

On 4/3/2020 at 11:50 PM, CarlZalph said:

weldit.thumb.png.9e609518512ff79169098895095d3329.png

Workin' for a livin'.

I really like these.

• Developer

Thanks for participating everyone! And the winner is...

On 4/3/2020 at 2:37 PM, bruhmoment23 said:

Would love to see this one ingame, similiar style to the Wendy's Nightstand Vignette.

Screenshot_20200403-233715.jpg

That’s a decent photo, but it doesn’t have Winona anywhere in it, I kinda thought we’d get one with Winona actually in the picture.. but hey maybe later right? 

Cant wait to see what’s next, Congrats to the Winning Scene!

33 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

Nice! I really like that scene, it's got a sense of "together-ness" with how multiple characters are referenced/hinted at. I'd say it's very fitting for DST! :grin:

(I also voted for this scene myself..)

It’s a cool scene no doubt, but I figure Klei could easily put this same exact scene onto a table, and have Winona gazing over it studying it, perhaps with her Weilders mask lifted and her trademark tools on the table beside her.

We get the best of both worlds, a new Winona Vignette with Winona actually in the image.. and we get the most voted lore Vignette both in the same photo. 

F0813103-6330-48FA-B143-5313E29EA861.jpeg

The initiative to incorporate vignettes from the animated shorts is wonderful, and I wholeheartedly agree that it would be great to use more than one from the animation pertaining Winona's rework. All of the nominated pictures convey different feelings and choosing one feels nigh to impossible, since all would make great vignettes in the game. :D

I just realized something equal parts funny and equal parts sad. The Winning Portrait is actually very fitting of Winona guys hear me out on this!

Yep- You Play as her, you place her structures.. you swap to a more useful character and forget she Exists.

(I don’t.. I love Winona, but some of you do..)

Her Community chosen Vignette is Ironically the same way- You get a short all about Winona and the Chosen Image ends up Not having Winona involved in it at all. 

(jokes aside.. keep in mind I also voted for this one to win soo lol)

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Imo 2 vignettes per cinematic is enough.

More than that would feel like overdoing

Well, I'm pretty sure Winona's short has a lot of good moments for vignettes. Because she had her lore part and game lore part. When I looked at Wortox topic and short I had feelings like there is - in my opinion - 2 screenshoots worth interest.

Archived