[Game Update] - 400698

Please bring super agresive abigail back :C i really liked how it worked, now she runs away from everything, its super annoying to make her engage anything while being riled up, she was sooooo much better while being over agresive, maybe just dont make her attack neutrals while keeping the over agresive behavior for everything else? (literally i dont use soothe anymore since a riled up abigail does nothing, sometimes i just soothe to have a light source and thats it) beside that i love a lot of what was done to her thanks klei, i am worried about a lot of the things that had already been said on the forum but yd i had a terrible time just making her engage bees or any other thing, while old super agresive abi was epic good at that :C it defeats the purpose of beign "riled up"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

On 20/03/2020 at 11:55 PM, ScottHansen said:

Hi everyone. 

I just wanted to let you all know we are reading your concerns about Abigail's damage and elixirs. Although she will never be as good as Bernie at 1v1 (AOE is her strong suit) there is definitely some room to work with and the feeling of "it's either me or her" in combat is not what we were going for. We are considering your feedback and will discuss it in the office (well in a video chat since we are all working from home) on Monday.

As for Abigail's shield, upon taking damage, it will block subsequent hits for the duration of the effect. Using the Unyielding Draught elixir extends the duration of the shield effect. We will adjust the effect animations to help emphasize this.

Please keep proving you feedback. We love to hear what our players think.

I know that she isn't going to shine in fights and 1v1 but at least let her shine where she always did: control hordes. This damage penalty goes completely against Abigail's purpose and weakens her more than usual. Sacrificing your participation to let the other act really breaks the essence of what it was like to play before, helping each other.

And also consider bringing Abigail’s aggression back. It's okay to remove against Houndius, Chester, Glommer, cave fish and cave chairs and these other structures, even the beehives are okay to remove, but give it back to butterflies, bees, bunnies, cave giant tentacles and the other ones, even bunnymans and pigs was being good. It was really helpful. The option to calm and let Abigail come back to the flower already helps a lot in her control.

Edit: One more thing, make the Pipspooks after 5 seconds stopped show the way towards the trinket for players who can easily get lost, as I am seeing some having some difficulty. I know they kinda "dash" into a direction but i don't know how they act sometimes. I had no difficulties, but I saw that after a long time stopped the pipspook was taking too long to show the way again. It's just an idea that I think can be evaluated. And that way the Unyielding Draught should work, it doesn't even look like it works.. i tried many fights and i was watching Abigail's life. Using it or not, didn't made any difference.

Edited by Toriih
Additional Information
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

"Super aggressive" mode was interesting and useful most of times, and most importantly - controllable. I don't think is hard to make some tags on mobs that shouldn't be attacked during this mode (as previous commentators pointed - to Glommer, Chester, Houndi, fishes, beehives, a.s.o.). But make it attack butterflies, bees, rabbits, etc on spot - as stated: was quite a bon.

Also the less damage than before rework to groups of mobs and in cave setup is a moot aspect: would be desirable to have some boost in dmg points done in mentioned conditions so to as making spelunking beneficial again.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Toriih said:

I know that she isn't going to shine in fights and 1v1 but at least let her shine where she always did: control hordes. This damage penalty goes completely against Abigail's purpose and weakens her more than usual. Sacrificing your participation to let the other act really breaks the essence of what it was like to play before, helping each other.

And also consider bringing Abigail’s aggression back. It's okay to remove against Houndius, Chester, Glommer, cave fish and cave chairs and these other structures, even the beehives are okay to remove, but give it back to butterflies, bees, bunnies, cave giant tentacles and the other ones. It was really helpful. The option to calm and let Abigail come back to the flower already helps a lot in her control.

I completely agree with this.

I'd like to add only one more thing to your list: Abby shouldn't attack tamed beefalos, not even in agressive mode. I really liked how easily she killed rabbits and butterflies.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I’m glad that this Hotfix is not on Xbox One yet... I love Angry Abigail and she’s super easy to control with just the Left or Right DPAD toggle.

Hopefully this hotfix stays exclusive to PC- Because I’m looking at it as Klei testing what fans like & Dislike...

They can’t push these Hotfixes to consoles as fast as they can PC- So any significant changes made for console at least will likely only be applied with the next big console update.

In the Meantime.. I’ll continue playing with super Aggressive Riled Up Abby, And I’ll know to tap the Dpad swapping her to Soothe Status when I don’t want her to chase after and kill things.

The only things Abigail should NOT ever kill are Tamed or Neutral mobs.

Glommer, Tamed Beefalo, Hutch, Chester etc... 

The confusing one to deal with would be Merms... they are hostile and must die- But If a Wurt is in the game they are Wurts friends and killing them would hurt Wurt.

Im sure Abby killing Maxwell shadows was strictly for PVP (Which I rarely ever see anyone on Xbox playing anyway.)

I hope Klei can fix this.... :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m glad that this Hotfix is not on Xbox One yet... I love Angry Abigail and she’s super easy to control with just the Left or Right DPAD toggle.

Hopefully this hotfix stays exclusive to PC- Because I’m looking at it as Klei testing what fans like & Dislike...

They can’t push these Hotfixes to consoles as fast as they can PC- So any significant changes made for console at least will likely only be applied with the next big console update.

In the Meantime.. I’ll continue playing with super Aggressive Riled Up Abby, And I’ll know to tap the Dpad swapping her to Soothe Status when I don’t want her to chase after and kill things.

The only things Abigail should NOT ever kill are Tamed or Neutral mobs.

Glommer, Tamed Beefalo, Hutch, Chester etc... 

The confusing one to deal with would be Merms... they are hostile and must die- But If a Wurt is in the game they are Wurts friends and killing them would hurt Wurt.

Im sure Abby killing Maxwell shadows was strictly for PVP (Which I rarely ever see anyone on Xbox playing anyway.)

I hope Klei can fix this.... :( 

you are sooo lucky, i miss agressive abi 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I am on Xbox and Therefore this Hotfix likely won’t be applied to the console version of the game until the next major game update.. I’ve been playing around with Abigail a lot lately to see what I can & Can Not do with her.

Dear Klei- Please Return Abigails Riled up feature back to being ATLEAST aggressive towards Butterflies, Bees, and Rabbits.

The following game clip shows Why- I had to step away from the game and help my Sister cook food for a few minutes, so I had set a fully burning Endo Fire through the night and put Abby on Rile Up Mode.

By the time I was able to return to my game I was already Starving to Death with no Food.. Luckily Abigails Aggressiveness saved me from Dying.

See for Yourself. 

Wendy’s design is Intended to be a easy character to play as right?? Why take this away from Her?:( 

BE74B34F-6E2C-43AD-83E2-38A06078EFF8.gif

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

So basically what we want so far is:

1. Aggressive Abby back, like targeting rabbits and butterflies (w/o the things that shouldn't be attacked like tamed boofs, glommer and chester)

2. Ability to put dark petals into the sisturn (perhaps for the lunar island and as a tribute to the old sanity stations)

3. Increasing Abby's effectiveness against hordes (imo, she should get stronger against multiple foes in order to capitalize on her AoE)

4. Reworking a few of the potions (some suggestions have been to make it so that you can use multiple at once, stack them, or increase the boost of the attack and longer regen one)

As far as I can tell, everyone loves the rework so far, it just needs a few QoL fixes to make it as amazing as the rest of the reworks. :D

Edited by Spaartan
butter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Spaartan said:

some suggestions have been to make it so that you can use multiple at once,

I think she should stack at least 2 elixirs. (I haven't had time to play with it yet, but I think it would make it a little more customizable, consequently making everyone proud of their build).

I needed to write this, now I can die with a clear conscience.

Edited by Wesbie
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I know how much you are dedicated to your work, and it must be discouraging when someone wants to change what you have done, without first understanding how to play.
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wesbie said:

I think she should stack at least 2 elixirs. (I haven't had time to play with it yet, but I think it would make it a little more customizable, consequently making everyone proud of their build).

I needed to write this, now I can die with a clear conscience.

I agree, this could make her have different "uses", like a main attacker, shield or a mix of both

@ScottHansen, Something I found weird on consoles is the ability to kill/hit Abigail during fights, if she can be summoned/unsummoned at will why can we still hit and kill her? I constantly kill Abby when trying to fight mobs together with her, it's a very annoying lingering action from her previous state, killing her in one hit when she's got 600 health really makes no sense. The damage from Abigail and Wendy together is perfectly balanced in my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kuro_kira said:

@ScottHansen, Something I found weird on consoles is the ability to kill/hit Abigail during fights, if she can be summoned/unsummoned at will why can we still hit and kill her? I constantly kill Abby when trying to fight mobs together with her, it's a very annoying lingering action from her previous state, killing her in one hit when she's got 600 health really makes no sense. The damage from Abigail and Wendy together is perfectly balanced in my eyes.

There is a reason: (weary dumb but still)

You can burn the flower of Abi while she is summoned, she will be allays stuck with you unless you kill her.

Dumb right?!

1 hour ago, Wumpair said:

There is a reason: (weary dumb but still)

You can burn the flower of Abi while she is summoned, she will be allays stuck with you unless you kill her.

Dumb right?!

Just.. no.

I can’t effectively HELP Abigail in Battle because if we are fighting a hound wave and all the hounds die but I’m still spamming X, I accidentally whack Abigail in the face killing her. This wouldn’t be a problem if I could just Resummon her again at her full health & without losing the potion I had just applied to her. 

BUT I DO!!!

I THINK Abigail dying when hit and Abigail Attacking Maxwell’s Shadows is strictly with PvP gameplay in mind. But in Coop.. it is understandably HIGHLY annoying.

Please fix this Klei <3

AAD91329-FBE1-4856-94E4-003BEF5C0401.gif

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

I was kind of hoping the Hand-Me-Down skin would give Wendy a tooth gap, but I guess that it makes sense that it doesn't because technically it's Wendy in Abigail's clothes. Still a bummer, though! 

13 hours ago, Bird Up said:

bring back aggressive abby gang. but tags for glommer, ruins vases and chairs, birds, beefalo, bernie.

Don't forget Shootius. 

Edited by Orchidea

On 3/22/2020 at 1:52 AM, Mike23Ua said:

By the time I was able to return to my game I was already Starving to Death with no Food.. Luckily Abigails Aggressiveness saved me from Dying.

See for Yourself. 

Wendy’s design is Intended to be a easy character to play as right?? Why take this away from Her?:( 

BE74B34F-6E2C-43AD-83E2-38A06078EFF8.gif

Feedback: make Abigail target and punish Wendy automatically by delivering a coup de grace if her living sister has problems with her logistics to the degree that she is running around with a cluttered inventory without any food.

Seriously though, turning the game into a complete cake-walk undermines the fun. And image the horror of having multiple Wendy(ies) on the same server killing butterflies in a flower filled area and producing an absurd amount of Butterfly Wings and lag.

I fear that would not be fun..... yes, perhaps create a way to get her riled up on occasion, acquiring small mobs, by using a potion or something, but don't make it overwhelmingly easy to amass Butterfly Wings and Butter (then there wouldn't be any reason to get any other food during spring / summer / autumn after planting a garden of flowers, which can be done veryyyy easily).