[Game Update] - 400698

5 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Feedback: make Abigail target and punish Wendy automatically by delivering a coup de grace if her living sister has problems with her logistics to the degree that she is running around with a cluttered inventory without any food.

Seriously though, turning the game into a complete cake-walk undermines the fun. And image the horror of having multiple Wendy(ies) on the same server killing butterflies in a flower filled area and producing an absurd amount of Butterfly Wings and lag.

I fear that would not be fun..... yes, perhaps create a way to get her riled up on occasion, acquiring small mobs, by using a potion or something, but don't make it overwhelmingly easy to amass Butterfly Wings and Butter (then there wouldn't be any reason to get any other food during spring / summer / autumn after planting a garden of flowers, which can be done veryyyy easily).

True, even though I was having a lot of fun with Wendy/Abby after the rework, never played her before but thought the butterfly killing was broken as hell. Starting a new world with friends and I survived til winter living off butterflies alone and amassing meat I'd never use. Another way to fix that would be the range of the Riled Up option, she targets mobs half a screen away. Don't take the butterfly killing away but make Wendy be actually a little close to the butterflies for it to take effect. That way you need a bit of effort being near the actual thing you want Abigail to kill. She would still protect Wendy during attacks not being too invasive at the same time.

@Kuro_kira
and @Captain_Rage that I can't actually ping for whatever reason

There's no reason for Wendy to not have the ability to farm butterfly wings with the use of Abigail, when Wickerbottom has existed in her current state for all this time. Unlike Wendy, she has virtually no downsides whatsoever and her books are so powerful that they straight up break the game and remove any difficulty there is.

Wendy has been arguably one of the weakest characters available ever since DST launched, so I believe she fully deserves to have at least one strong feature like that.

• Like 4

@ScottHansen Sorry for the mention, i don't know if it's not good to do it but i will avoid doing it again. I just want to do one question:

Can you give us any notices about what the team decided for the changes and Abigail "Rilled Up" hotfix? I was hoping for some news today.

I thank you immediately and good night!

Edited by Toriih
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Theetis

That is indeed a valid point. Although that mechanic doesn't contribute to what makes DST float (farming Butterfly Wings in an automated and trivial way), according to me, but you are right about that it is an advantage Wendy could have, since she is not so explicitly strong in the damage department. Being able to kill small mobs with ease fits as a perk for the character, agreed, but if I were to decide it would be toned down a bit. You are right that completely removing that ability also isn't fun and would be nonsensical.

And, yes, Wickerbottom relies way too much on gimmicky mechanics instead of providing something truly interesting and fun, if you ask me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

@Theetis

That is indeed a valid point. Although that mechanic doesn't contribute to what makes DST float (farming Butterfly Wings in an automated and trivial way), according to me, but you are right about that it is an advantage Wendy could have, since she is not so explicitly strong in the damage department. Being able to kill small mobs with ease fits as a perk for the character, agreed, but if I were to decide it would be toned down a bit. You are right that completely removing that ability also isn't fun and would be nonsensical.

And, yes, Wickerbottom relies way too much on gimmicky mechanics instead of providing something truly interesting and fun, if you ask me.

Pre-Rework Abigail would’ve killed Butterflies and Rabbits for Wendy anyway... she just needed to “Kite” Them into Abigail.

The Riled up feature (which still works on Xbox) just made her chase after them without Wendy needing to do anything at all.

But the Hotfix that makes Riled up mode more like Soothe mode.. she no longer targets them at all.. and that’s something I Hope Klei will look into.

Maybe Endless Butterfly Wing farming was a bit TOO OP, but taking it away completely when Pre-Rework Wendy could kite them to her and do the same thing... Doesn’t sound right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3