Someone said I could make a Warly thread so here it is

...... dude why? 

What is the thread even about? What are We discussing? You can’t just be all like Here’s a Warly thread.

Are we discussing his naturally curly hair? 

Are we Wondering if his Maman died while he was in the Constant?

Are we wondering if Warly is a Cannibal who eats the bones of his own dead teammates?

Theres a lot more to discuss then just Warly Thread the end!

-His useless honey spice should have a little bit of speed boost, 15-20% speed boost would be pretty nice.                                                                                       -Vegetables other than carrots should appear in the wild or in setpieces so Warly is not completly useless early game.                      

What are actually the main reason players do enjoy Warly? Some players say he's the best character in DST, but me and my friends do all agree that Warly is just trash tier, especially because of his penalties. If you want to use his Seasoned Volt Goat Jelly for example, you don't use it as Warly, since it would be a waste of ~200 damage per attack: First you swap into Wolfgang and then you use it.

May I get any words why and how others do enjoy it playing as Warly?

20 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

-His useless honey spice should have a little bit of speed boost, 15-20% speed boost would be pretty nice.                                                                                       -Vegetables other than carrots should appear in the wild or in setpieces so Warly is not completly useless early game.                      

I’d consider the lack of variety to just be a challenge. Just because something is hard doesn’t mean it’s not hard on purpose, no?

Plus, his honey spice is amazing at gathering rocks, especially in the early game. I dunno what you’re on about.

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

What are actually the main reason players do enjoy Warly? Some players say he's the best character in DST, but me and my friends do all agree that Warly is just trash tier, especially because of his penalties. If you want to use his Seasoned Volt Goat Jelly for example, you don't use it as Warly, since it would be a waste of ~200 damage per attack: First you swap into Wolfgang and then you use it.

May I get any words why and how others do enjoy it playing as Warly?

Going ruins as Warly is harder because healing, that's one way to enjoy it. Plus you get to use his best dish in there, glow Warly, glow.

Just now, YouKnowWho said:

I’d consider the lack of variety to just be a challenge. Just because something is hard doesn’t mean it’s not hard on purpose, no?

Plus, his honey spice is amazing at gathering rocks, especially in the early game. I dunno what you’re on about.

Useless != hard

Lack of variety on what exactly, early game veggies? That doesn't make it a challenge. Just more of a grind fest for making farms, leading to more grind maintaining said farms.

Honey spice, early game, getting rocks. Let's break it down by steps, shall we? You need honey, 4 food ingredients, crafting a portable grinding mill and a portable seasoning station (15 rocks and 8 gold), you'll still need some pick axes for half a day of use non stop.

Compare that to Maxwell, early game. Comes with fuel, just need materials for pick axes.

Now compare to Wilson or Warly himself without honey spice. Just need pick axes.

Unless you have the requirements to make honey spices day 1 you'll waste more time compared to just making pick axes. Not only that but you don't need more than 1 stack of rocks, it's overkill. If you do want more rocks, get Maxwell.

31 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Well, the second change is not to make Warly's main disavantage easier but to give him a way to use his spices early game without the need of wasting time on farms, his main disavantage is not really that hard without this change anyways.                                                                 Also, speaking about honey crystals: No, it sucks, simply mining those rocks is way faster than killing bees, destroying their hives for honey, crafting his spice and then finally gathering those rocks slightly faster, and you don't need so many rocks early game iirc. Also,  you got way better resource gatherers that everyone can use late game which is the reanimated skeleton and bearger.

Oh, we're making dedicated topic for every character now ? Ok then...

I'd start myself a fabulous ThReAD aBoUt MaXwElL !

notmaxwellmeme.png.3f29614c43b290fc6207ecb4002846e8.png

Enjoy and discuss about Maxwell. Don't post memes on it, please.

2 hours ago, Lammarr said:

-Vegetables other than carrots should appear in the wild or in setpieces so Warly is not completly useless early game.                      

This needs to be added not just for Warly, it would benefit everyone in my opinion, and would give the world more variety.  

Also, I think Warly's refined palate should enjoy more the special boosts of his food, perhaps having a longer duration on him (33% longer duration would be a good number, although I'd even go for a 50% longer duration to make him cooler).
So this could be a decent reason so people gets an advantage of using the unique foods on him, and the penalty for staying as Warly in the long run is not that bad.

2 hours ago, Lammarr said:

Honey spice is good for gathering wood and stones. And against Toadstool.

But having spice for speed should be a must have. As it doesn't last very long, 15% should be good.

Vegetables other than carrots should appear, yes. Maybe not all, but each season should have their vegetables. I already wrote it, and others already did. Would it ask for a lot of work ? (serious question. Pc players, do you have a mod for that ?). It makes sense to have this changes, and whatever if one vegetable is not on the good season, we're in a weird world.

As I play solo, I switch to Warly after my switch to Wickerbottom. Full of veggies for a fun part of intense cooking. He's clearly useful, at least for spices and jelly goat, then bonus. Then I change again. At some point, when you can do a lot different recipes, his inconvenient is not that much a problem. It's my fun part. He's the only character I cook with, if we talk about all the possibilities we have. Then honey jam and meet balls for a while is good enough with another character.

12 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

"Honey crystals are useless"

Ever tried using them with a glass axe? You can chop down a fully grown tree with 3 swings. Anyone who eats a sweet dish is suddenly an efficient  resource gathering character. I think it's perfectly fine as is.

Early game I'll only bother going to the island with Woodie, and if there is a Woodie why waste glass axe just to make honey spice "useful", might as well take 2 Woodies/Maxwell instead of a Warly and a Woodie. Mid game sure, go for it. Late game there are faster ways.

Play Warly not for his perks, but for his play style. His perks aren't good. Edit: As it should be for every character IMO.

I feel like the thing that holds Warly back is the fact that all of the new crops that were introduced aren't found naturally in the world, you have to spend time gathering farm materials and planting seeds or waiting 4 days for Wormwood's crops to grow. If the world provided more variations of wild crops that spawn naturally, Warly would actually have an early game. :crushed:

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

So people that likes Warly, is because he's a challenge character?

He is a chef. Challenge is a bonus for me.

Edit: Fix his early game and he becomes more of a chef than any other character, right now he isn't great but that's because of the default settings with winter being the second season, by the time you get your farm going you're stuck with winter the worst season to play around with his different dishes. And lack of veggies, unless you're willing to hard grinding for it or have a Wormwood.

Late game everyone becomes good on their own, so his dishes becomes redundant a luxury at best. Good, but unnecessary.

31 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Also, I think Warly's refined palate should enjoy more the special boosts of his food, perhaps having a longer duration on him (33% longer duration would be a good number, although I'd even go for a 50% longer duration to make him cooler).

This makes so much sense and makes him so much of less of a swap character that I am shocked that no one has ever brought this idea up or that this idea isn't in the game already

2 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Early game I'll only bother going to the island with Woodie, and if there is a Woodie why waste glass axe just to make honey spice "useful", might as well take 2 Woodies/Maxwell instead of a Warly and a Woodie. Mid game sure, go for it. Late game there are faster ways.

Play Warly not for his perks, but for his play style. His perks aren't good.

Warly is a jack of all trades character. So saying 2 maxwells/woodies is better then a warly and max/woodie is kinda irrelevant when he's more then just a gatherer. Yes, his honey crystals with normal tools isn't that amazing, but it's still a buff. You'll be faster with them then without.

17 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

So people that likes Warly, is because he's a challenge character?

17 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

He is a chef. Challenge is a bonus for me.

Wait... he's a challenge character? He seemed pretty normal to me, but this is coming from someone who was a Maxwell main for a very long time. What makes Warly considered a challenge character?

5 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Warly is a jack of all trades character. So saying 2 maxwells/woodies is better then a warly and max/woodie is kinda irrelevant when he's more then just a gatherer. Yes, his honey crystals with normal tools isn't that amazing, but it's still a buff. You'll be faster with them then without.

Wait... he's a challenge character? He seemed pretty normal to me, but this is coming from someone who was a Maxwell main for a very long time. What makes Warly considered a challenge character?

Woodie is a better jack of all trades imo. It's not irrelevant to the fact that honey crystals are barely any good than just making your tools and gather, no prep time>over preparing for such a trivial thing on the game, rocks and wood.

Rushing ruins. Your healing is heavily limited in there as Warly.

Edit: His challenge is just a bonus, you can ignore that almost entirely with pigs.

Warly is best when you aren't playing him and are just idly receiving his cool foods from the work of another player. I don't enjoy playing him, but he's pretty nice to have around if he's self-sufficient enough to not beg the rest of the team for ingredients.

I mean i know it takes as little bit longer but why is everyone so against using medicine I get food heals but man it's a option

But on a side note while warly does need veggies for his special dishes keeping fed with him is fairly easy without them there's still meaty stew, meatballs, honey ham, eggs and bacon, frog leg sandwich, and fish dishes etc plenty of meat variety for the winter and so on I would like it if you could make multiple spices with one vegies tho

13 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean i know it takes as little bit longer but why is everyone so against using medicine I get food heals but man it's a option

But on a side note while warly does need veggies for his special dishes keeping fed with him is fairly easy without them there's still meaty stew, meatballs, honey ham, eggs and bacon, frog leg sandwich, and fish dishes etc plenty of meat variety for the winter and so on I would like it if you could make multiple spices with one vegies tho

Spider glands are ok, but so can everyone else use them, ruins rushing you can only carry so much so on top of carrying meat, MM, berry, honey, lichen, glow berry, portable crock pot and you also carry spider glands. Compare that to someone who is carrying a stack of shrooms and have a lot more free inventory slots.

Keeping him fed is easy, but getting enough veggies for his perks before winter is problematic (not that they are that useful). He pretty much becomes Wilson in winter.

Archived