Someone said I could make a Warly thread so here it is

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so you fight stuff with the umbrella? (other player has the eyebrella) its not the end of the world but helps

Garlic powder gives 33% so: 100 damage with log suits= 20 damage. So every 2 hits its 40 damage taking = 1 dragon pie

now with the 33% that 20 damage converts into ~13,4. 13,4*3 hits = 40,2 damage

every character will do 20% more damage so 5 characters making damage will be like 6

No, you won't die for not using a umbrella for a day. I don't play with umbrella on publics, just thermal. Could care less about weapon slipping.

Pierogi > Dragon pie. Why bother with farms. There will be more pierogi than you'll ever need with a farm, no need to waste time getting garlics.

Big difference 5 to 6, bosses will die fast anyway. Or you could change that Warly to a Wolf. Or you could say that there are 5 Wolfs and 1 warly, but then might as well mass produce and swap for 6 wolfs.

Just now, Sweaper said:

Pierogi > Dragon pie

???? so what? was a number example my god, and warly cant eat all the pirogies/dragonpies/ choose you arrogant dish

1 minute ago, Sweaper said:

Big difference 5 to 6, bosses will die fast anyway. Or you could change that Warly to a Wolf. Or you could say that there are 5 Wolfs and 1 warly, but then might as well mass produce and swap for 6 wolfs.

no but being 2, woormwood and warly for example (and dont quote to tell me wolfgang>woormwood like the dragonpie quote) that 40% helps

for me this is ended, warly have stuff that helps but isnt op. You dont like it, ok but dont call it useless just because isnt wolfgang

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

???? so what? was a number example my god, and warly cant eat all the pirogies/dragonpies/ choose you arrogant dish

no but being 2, woormwood and warly for example (and dont quote to tell me wolfgang>woormwood like the dragonpie quote) that 40% helps

for me this is ended, warly have stuff that helps but isnt op. You dont like it, ok but dont call it useless just because isnt wolfgang

What do you mean arrogant dish? I Warly can't eat all the pierogis that's another downside for Warly, isn't it?

Band-aid to fix Warly problems again? Getting a very specific character just to help Warly, sure shows how dependent and bad Warly is compared to a Wes.

Yeah, his perks aren't good. Useless isn't the right word, but a waste of time and unnecessary. Hum, maybe useless was the right word if you think time is important.

Did I say it's just because he is not Wolf? I said that Warly is worse than Wes and every other character. I don't care about how he compares to wolf, I care that he is a pretty bad character when it comes to being useful independent of the stage of the game, but definitely in the early game where I most play. Late game anyone is good, but Warly will be stuck on a grindfest compared to others, all that just for a small buff that can be completely ignored, with some exception.

I love to play as Warly so much.. but the pickiness mechanic..yeah it's just bad :/ you can't eat a ton of perogies while fighting a boss/powerful mobs. And the farms for different veggies are expensive.If you have a wormwood in your team though, he could grow you a ton of crops to make all these tasty dishes!

I can’t really play as Warly too terribly much, I always tend to end up starving to death as him. 

I guess my playstyle clashes with Warlys Design, Which is fine.. because not every character is going to appeal to everyone.

I like to attempt to play as Warly from time to time (without immediately resorting to a Wiki to learn all his recipes and defeat the entire purpose of trying to learn them through self experimentation & failure) Warly is defiantly intended only for more experienced players- I would even be willing to say playing as Warly is harder than “insert any characters name here.”

Thats the thing I love about DST though- Each character plays drastically different from another.. I may feel like being Warly one Day, and then Wortox the next! It’s so much fun. <3 

If I could make any suggestions for Warly I would buff his hunger penalty so he doesn’t suffer big time for eating the same meals but at the same exact time.. I would force him to only be able to eat meals that come from his own portable cooking gear.

So.. meals prepared in a cooking pot and not in his portable cooking wares could not be consumed by Warly... it’s probably a terrible idea once it’s actually put into execution: But I Mainly wanted Warly to feel a sense of personal Bonding to his Cookware- Like He never leaves home without it!

While not completely related to Warly I feel like farms and veggies in general need rebalanced it seems silly to me how useless most vegies and fruit dishes.

While farms are easy to make the payoff for them are currently too small to be worth it barring character that require interaction with them not when meat dishes are so much easier to make and meat is so readily available from all seasons.

Archived