DST wishlist for the future !

After reading the roadmap 2020 (specially the end) I decided to make this topic. Let's make a Clear and to the point list of features/feedback/requests we would like to see in DST.

I want -

Spoiler

1.More randomness - seasons,hounds attack days,random events

2.More random events - think of the frograin,stone trees,disease

3.End game content - Content that you simpy can't beat alone aka ewecus. content that has the best items but it's also the most hard to beat. Something that give you(players) a reason to co-op and work as a team.

3.1.Maybe make that content appear after the flick of a switch - activate the gate . Or even maybe transform all the game after the flick of the switch.

4.Alternative seasons - This sounded really good with TtA and alternative seasons sound really nice. Thou I'm not sure if it can be done.

5.New mainland biomes - I want new biomes added like ROG did. Biome that adds good new thing that are alternative to the old ones.

6.New biomes that are for 2+ player - simply put it a biome where you need to go as a team to survive.

6.1.Maybe make this biome appear (or transform old biome into this) as I said in 3.1.

7.More long time creatures - Have new creatures spawn with time for example 200 days + an alpha predator to appear (not a boss just a stronger version of a old creature, a new creature) . With the option to disable this ofcourse.

8.Camp games / camp stuff / camp entertainment - Examples - gramophone, ball (for football or something else) , snowball fights during winter. thornes for players to sit , stuff like this .

9.Mechanics from DS DLCs that I really would love to see here - Wind but make it better than SW, hail but remove hail from the cookpot , floods that was awsome !!!!! , volcano (meteors) but more random - best way to run from it go into the sea , stuff from hamlet - the big trees ,vines ,fog (real fog) ,

10. global sand storm - or atleast in the biomes near the desert

11. rework the insanity system please!!! - At this is an shadow fuel farm nothing more ... This can be turned into gold and add some horror to DST. Perhaps a player that hits 0 sanity goes insane and start hitting the nearest player or a shadow that hurts all players appear. Shadow willson...

12. Add an enemy faction - for example pig from the forge ! Make them build a base expand and attack you, even build a fort . So with time they will become a bigger danger (same can be done with a shadow version of the players)

12.1 example they start with 1 building that spawns 1 mob toward the player every 2 months after 1 year there are 2 of those building and so on... + guards.

13. More sea to land stuff - Creatures that come from the sea to rest on land . or a small flood to some of the biomes during some seasons (think SW). hostile creatures . This will make players think twice about making a base near the water

14. lastly - Make the world evolve overtime . this will really make the game more interesting. Make things change maybe whole biomes to change from 1 type to another or just have some plants die and respawn somewhere else. This will make the world feel more alive and give the players what to do !

15. Seasonal stuff in the sea !!!!!! As of now the sea is the same every season ...

16. More creatures in the sea ! and things to do or harvest !

17 . Add waves (but in low number).................................

18. Waves that crash into the land   /   tsunamis

I think that being able to reskin items you spawn with without needing to craft it again would be amazing. I'd be great to spawn with Wigfrid's spear skins, or spawn with Ashley instead of Bernie for Willow. I saw this suggestion before, and loved the idea. :wilson_love:

Cliffs and overall height/extra layers could be huge and a great way to diversify the constant's forests, it could take shape as it's own mountainous biome, or as an update to the plains! (though Retrofitting would probably be hard without starting a new world.) I can totally see FuffledBeeQueen's suggestion getting in, as it's been getting tons of attention! 

By the sound of the roadmap, it seems like they'd like to incorporate suggestions from the fans (if I'm understanding it properly), which is really exciting to see! :wilson_love:

I want Elevated Land Which can be found in this thread over here and includes lots of pretty illustrations and in-game demonstrations.

I also Want Something Similar to my Own Idea where they Add new Islands out in the empty oceans of Don’t Starve Together, Each Island With it’s own unique Mobs, Atmosphere and Challenges Similar to Lunar Island. You can read my Idea Here (if you haven’t already)

New Klei Rewards from this page over here

And Also a Wendy Rework, a Walani Port, Gorge & Forge Added to Consoles.

And LORE.. I need to know if Wagstaff is Evil or Not. Which you can vote on over here: 

A Wes Rework that makes him less boring.. This Weird Wurt Skin.. because Why not? 

Oh and I have not forgotten about that Totally Normal Tree Wormwood Skin Concept from Hallowed Nights-

(I can not seem to find the thread that links to it but it was flipping AWESOME MAN!)

An Actual Difficulty slider that alters things like max health and enemy behavior such as giving Spider Warriors Shipwrecked Venom Damage bites.

And that’s it I guess (sorry if this is all a bit too much..) :( I just really love this game and want it to spiral into a massive phenomenon the globe over.

Something more to add but I think it can't be done. I just think those are cool ideas .

1.Rivers - make some(not all) of the small sea that is between biomes into rivers.

2. An inland sea biome that is different than the sea - for example a massive gaiser that spits out water and that water goes into the river the the rivers into the sea. Or something else.

extra - because gaiser water is hot make the water boiling in summer , rivers freez in winter

Yea Hamlet has many many good features, the housing , the characters , the shops , the pig civilization system , the seasons are really good.

1 hour ago, Axelocke said:

I think that being able to reskin items you spawn with without needing to craft it again would be amazing

This. So much this. I personally like to have my base match the theme of my character, and this would make it much better to do so.

I personally want the snowman mob to make it into the cut, mostly as an ally. A snowman you can build using ice, carrots, or even a top hat that fights and follows you until death (or until winter ends) would be fun; especially if you could decorate them. Perhaps you could change their appearance with different dress tab items too, to make them feel more personable.

- Factions that evolve over time and improve themselves becoming a larger help (or threat)

- Pirates, and general sea wars among them (like pig pirates and merm pirates fighting over the seas).

- Larger scale sea raids of islands, sea bases and NPC ships.

- Genetics: The carrats training opened the possibility to improve some traits of a creature only, what if we could improve creatures (like beefalo) over generations of letting them get better at something?

- World evolution over time: things made by the players should slowly change the world, like after defeating FW new threats appear on the surface. New weather conditions if you burn too many forests for example.

11 hours ago, 1v0 said:

After reading the roadmap 2020 (specially the end) I decided to make this topic. Let's make a Clear and to the point list of features/feedback/requests we would like to see in DST.

I want -

Hide contents

1.More randomness - seasons,hounds attack days,random events

2.More random events - think of the frograin,stone trees,disease

3.End game content - Content that you simpy can't beat alone aka ewecus. content that has the best items but it's also the most hard to beat. Something that give you(players) a reason to co-op and work as a team.

3.1.Maybe make that content appear after the flick of a switch - activate the gate . Or even maybe transform all the game after the flick of the switch.

4.Alternative seasons - This sounded really good with TtA and alternative seasons sound really nice. Thou I'm not sure if it can be done.

5.New mainland biomes - I want new biomes added like ROG did. Biome that adds good new thing that are alternative to the old ones.

6.New biomes that are for 2+ player - simply put it a biome where you need to go as a team to survive.

6.1.Maybe make this biome appear (or transform old biome into this) as I said in 3.1.

7.More long time creatures - Have new creatures spawn with time for example 200 days + an alpha predator to appear (not a boss just a stronger version of a old creature, a new creature) . With the option to disable this ofcourse.

8.Camp games / camp stuff / camp entertainment - Examples - gramophone, ball (for football or something else) , snowball fights during winter. thornes for players to sit , stuff like this .

9.Mechanics from DS DLCs that I really would love to see here - Wind but make it better than SW, hail but remove hail from the cookpot , floods that was awsome !!!!! , volcano (meteors) but more random - best way to run from it go into the sea , stuff from hamlet - the big trees ,vines ,fog (real fog) ,

10. global sand storm - or atleast in the biomes near the desert

11. rework the insanity system please!!! - At this is an shadow fuel farm nothing more ... This can be turned into gold and add some horror to DST. Perhaps a player that hits 0 sanity goes insane and start hitting the nearest player or a shadow that hurts all players appear. Shadow willson...

12. Add an enemy faction - for example pig from the forge ! Make them build a base expand and attack you, even build a fort . So with time they will become a bigger danger (same can be done with a shadow version of the players)

12.1 example they start with 1 building that spawns 1 mob toward the player every 2 months after 1 year there are 2 of those building and so on... + guards.

13. More sea to land stuff - Creatures that come from the sea to rest on land . or a small flood to some of the biomes during some seasons (think SW). hostile creatures . This will make players think twice about making a base near the water

14. lastly - Make the world evolve overtime . this will really make the game more interesting. Make things change maybe whole biomes to change from 1 type to another or just have some plants die and respawn somewhere else. This will make the world feel more alive and give the players what to do !

15. Seasonal stuff in the sea !!!!!! As of now the sea is the same every season ...

16. More creatures in the sea ! and things to do or harvest !

17 . Add waves (but in low number).................................

18. Waves that crash into the land   /   tsunamis

Electric, automation and metals would be great. 

I don’t think I like the idea of Content that you can’t play alone.. many people actually DO Play this game Alone and adding challenges that result in death without help is just well .... bad for solo players.

Yes I understand that the game is called Don’t Starve TOGETHER but Forcing the TOGETHER Part would cause nothing but pure frustration for everyone who doesn’t always play with others.

However.. they could satisfy both Solo & Together players by allowing the game and its world content to scale and adjust itself based on how many players join or leave the game. (Borderlands style environment scaling)

I know that this is most likely going to be hard, non-inclusive to new players, and probably impossible. But... I would like it if the moon cracking and falling was an actual event ingame that occurs after you defeat the ancient fuelweaver. Making the lunar island and return of them part of the progression after killing the ancient fuelweaver. But that's just me, what do y'all think?

1 minute ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

I know that this is most likely going to be hard, non-inclusive to new players, and probably impossible. But... I would like it if the moon cracking and falling was an actual event ingame that occurs after you defeat the ancient fuelweaver. Making the lunar island and return of them part of the progression after killing the ancient fuelweaver. But that's just me, what do y'all think?

God, that would be so cool. But I'd imagine it'd be very finnicky to get it to work.

Another Ideas I just had -

1.Alternative to hounds - everytime hounds attacks gets repetative and easy to deal with, but if there are 2-3 types of enemys that can attack you on the hounds timer. It will make things more interesting. Maybe flying gaint birds that can fly over your traps and walls (in low number).

2. random meteor drops (like the normal meteors but at random) - also if there are 2+ play structures (base) it can't drop on that location.

As for the biome that requires co-op - well new players won't have to go in there, it's like the optional bosses but for co-op and a whole biomes.

That begin said yes I do want co-op to be forced and new monsters to be harder because of it. The best solution for it is - to be good to those tha want survival and the new players is - a switch that after begin turned ON transforms the game into a harsher version of it(with new monsters,plants,bosses,features and mechanics - basicly a dlc level content addition).Something that will make you need to go into that biome in order to survive and make the basic survival harsher.

There is another problem with this - new players will miss out on new content this way, but with the risk of sounding rude - this is progression you get good at the game and you will see the new content. It's like the bosses if you want that sweet loot you need to beat them.

sidenote : Damn I like almost all of the ideas here it feels like i'm giving free likes to everyone ... but I just like the ideas

Now, what I REALLY want is the game to not get so dirty lategame. The twiggy trees, rot, stumps, and junk everywhere really puts a damper on the beauty that is the DST world. I would like it if:

1. Stumps rotted a bit faster.

2.Twiggy trees were removed from world regrowth and given a different way to obtain them or at least toned down.

3. Rot would eventually fade away like ash on the ground. With a significantly longer timer.

4. Grass and Twigs would also blow away if left on the ground for too long by birds. Just like ash as well. Also with a significantly longer timer.

23 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

I think this can be done and my idea is - after a major event - killing FW. you get the camera to shake and have a few secound (10-60 secs) warning then refit the world with the new stuff and new mechanics and events. Basicly a refit of the world with a trigger, If we want to take things even more far play a video while the world is begin refited for example the moon falling trailer.

Like you kill the FW camera shakes world refits you go out of the caves (there is a tremor non-stop) and notice there are meteors falling + ghosts + werepigs everywhere and it's aways a full moon (you need to survive few days), then a big boom with tsunami and a big flash + earth quake. It would be awesome.

But if this is to be done I think they will do it for new events not for events that have already passed...

Archived