DST wishlist for the future !

6 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

1. Stumps rotted a bit faster.

Granted, stumps' rotting speed now increased by 100%.

7 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

3. Rot would eventually fade away like ash on the ground.

This should be done, there's so much rot accumulated in long lasting worlds. It should take long tho, at least a few days.

In general, I like your idea, it would help DST both asthetically and in perfomance. Except maybe the twiggy trees, I'd rather change them instead of removing, but their spread rate could definitely be lower. Maybe if their twigs weren't dropped, but instead were branches on the trees that can be picked instantly.

I mainly just want a “Clean up” Mob added into the game that will come through after my Woodie loving friend goes through chopping down every tree in sight because uhh well he has an Axe that never breaks.

By Clean Up Mob I mean something that can’t be killed or interacted with that will manually clean the world of left over crap like the miles and miles of logs Woodie leaves laying in his path.

So I had two Suggestions for that-Termites which wouldn’t need any Animation and would just clean up any loose wooden items left on the ground for too long like Twigs, Logs, Pinecones, Wooden planks etc when they aren’t on your screen.

OR an Even better Mob BEAVERS, which would come ashore, gather all that stuff and retreat into the depths of the ocean again. MAYBE these could be interacted with, possibly added as Water/land followers 

But their main purpose is to gather all the loose crap left in My Woodie friends Wake and carry it back out into the sea to their Beaver Dams. (Identical in every way to how Splumonkey would steal crap taking it back to their Monkey Huts In Shipwrecked.)

@JoeW I hate to Ping you guys Directly, but I really REALLY need this or something Similar to it- I have a Friend who plays Woodie, and he will go around chopping down every Tree he sees (he even chopped down my Wintersfeast Tree! :() But when he does he just leaves EVERYTHING Laying around.. I clean it up the best I can, but introducing some sort of Mechanic that Auto-Cleans up after Woodies Wood Chopping Spree would be very very much Appreciated & I am sure it will drastically reduce Lag!

im hoping they add more to boats. I hated them at first, but ive come to enjoy building and using them.

Maybe add some resources that can only be found on the water that would be used to create better boats/boating equipment. I saw footage of a mod that added a spotlight that would move as you steered your boat that I thought was pretty cool. Id also like to see some naval type weaponry, naval combat could be a fun team activity.

We would obviously need quite a bit more water/island content to make all this relevant, but ive been pretty sure this content has been on the way already.

Edit: I'd also like pets to have actual uses. The Moths ability to provide light is a step in the right direction I think. Ive picked up pets a few times here and there over my DST career, but it's been more of a status symbol. They always end up getting in the way and there is no reason to keep them around. I recently got the Broodling and was happy about it for about a minute. I spent the next week complaining about it before finally abandoning it.

Like some others have already suggested: Update in the world generator to make the world more exciting and busy.

The old star-fish like world map is just really stale and boring. Paths are extremely long and always the same from point A to B. Much space of biomes is still unused and never visited, like the huge savanna biomes at the end of a land tongue with just grass tufts to pull. You have to be lucky to get good sink and worm holes to make your world interesting and not a nuisance to travel through. Boat bridges also helped a bit, but I'm still wishing on every update to make the world travel less linear, with more options to choose a left path or a right one...

Concrete ideas are things like lakes, rivers, islands, more land connections for path options, smarter sink hole and worm hole generation (so you don't get 2 right next to each other...).

To fill the empty biomes with more life and points of interests, unique set pieces tied to events and quests like the moon table, or biome sized pieces like the pig village would be needed.

Archived