What Klei is going to do in 2020 new year event?

According to the Chinese Zodiac Years. The next new year event(2020) will be the Year Of The Rat

The problem here is that what mob will this year be themed out of in DST? This year it was the pig king and pigs in general. In 2021 it's going to be the year of beefalos. But for 2020, What are they going to do? I mean I don't think there are no rat-like mobs in DST. Maybe mole worms? 

Not sure. Perhaps they'll just skip it. Or not make it being themed around a mob. Or they'll add a special mob just for this event. 

What do you guys think?

17 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Personally I'm hoping for year of the Moleworm or Batilisk. Carrats are cool and all, but it would be so underwhelming for the lunar new year events to go through three iconic DS mobs, then have the carrat take the fourth slot.

As much as I honestly agree with you (and believe me I DO *sobs*), I think we're in this too deep to do anything else at this point since there aren't any other iconic mobs to fit the "rat" position.

Year of the Rat - Carrat

Year of the Ox - Beefalo/AG

Year of the Tiger - Tigershark?

Year of the Rabbit - Rabbits/Rabbitmen

Year of the Dragon - Dragonfly

Year of the Snake - ???

Year of the Horse - Mechanical Knights

Year of the Goat - Volt Goat

Year of the Monkey - Spelunk Monkeys

Year of the Rooster - Gobbler

Year of the Dog - Hounds/Vargs

Year of the Pig - Pigmen

23 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Year of the Tiger - Tigershark?

While we can't predict what DST will be like 3 years from now, with the way things are currently I imagine it'd just be year of the Antlion or Catcoon. I'd absolutely love a vargling skin that looks like a sharkitten though, just like how sharkittens have the same body type has hounds, that'd be really silly. 

My favourite mobs of the game (and animal in general) are bats, they're described as flying rats by some characters :

Wolfgang : "Flying mousey!

WX78 : "FLYING RAT"

Woodie : "Who taught that rat to fly?

So... it's a personal wish but I'd love that bats get something out of the Chinese new year event to actually turn them interesting to more players

3 minutes ago, Clownyshush said:

it will likely  be year of the carrat, but if my predictions of new snowfallen skins for the characters who didn't  get them is right, then i'd imagine that the characters that didn't get verdant skins will be getting some. 

By the way do people actually use full skin sets?? I have way too much fun mixing and matching clothing together to make my own unique looks. 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

By the way do people actually use full skin sets?? I have way too much fun mixing and matching clothing together to make my own unique looks. 

Depends. I use full skin sets , when the set is unweaveable , but If it is then I mix it usually.

20 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

"The Year of Moleworm" i guess.

Mole's chinese name(鼹鼠) including rat(鼠) this word.

Ok, but carrat is literally a rat so i think it will be it's year.

13 hours ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Year of the Tiger

We got tiger skin for Webber.

Btw do singleplayer dlc's mobs that are not existing in dst counts for year of the ... events?

Cassielu, yep, sometimes it seems like you have to read some predictions from zodiac signs news and make your steps based on them, hah. If you will read predictions from the article about gemini and libra you will understand that some actions which you can do - will lead you to the successful endings in the life, if you will do it accurately.

Archived