YouKnowWho

Wurt's been getting some Gorge Quotes

Mike23Ua    822

I don’t think gorge/forge are ever coming back, they said it was too costly to run the servers for them.

which makes Wurt having any text related to it odd?

• Like 1

Zeklo    17,409
45 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

The only goats we'd know Wurt would know about would be the Volt-Goats. Has Wurt encountered goats before?

She would know Mumsy and Billy since these are quotes for the Gorge after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

YouKnowWho    7,491
56 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

She would know Mumsy and Billy since these are quotes for the Gorge after all.

I know, she’s barely met them (we don’t make our visit to the bog long), and she’s already calling them goatfolk. They should be weird alien twirly-heads to her, not goatfolk

• Thanks 3

__IvoCZE__    6,175
4 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_ROOF = "Was there fight? Look like Goatfolk lose."

Mumsy and billy obviously are goats.

• Like 1

Mrklli    658

Obviously Wurt is of a goat-origin. She has that more blueish tint than normal merms, similar to Goatfolk, and little horns. I have no idea if Wurt herself ever was actually a goat and got mermified by the Gnaw or if her parents were goats and she was born as a merm. But anyway, she clearly has close ties to the Goatfolk and I'd love to know more!

I saw once a theory that all game servers are alternative realities connected by portals and when characters die they get transported into another world (which explains why we sometimes have 3 Wilsons roaming the same world). I'd like to think that every world we've visited so far, including Hamlet, Shipwrecked, the Forge, the Gorge and Maxwell's story mode, are parts of the same branching integrity.and characters are hurled around from world to world (by Them?) and you never know where you'll end up next. So my theory is that Wurt is from one of the Gorge-worlds that used to be inhabited by the Goatfolk. Her parents managed to send her away through the Gateway but only after getting cursed by the Gnaw. Something went wrong and Wurt arrived to the Constant without her parents but merms found her and raised her as one of their own. Mermfolk having a story about "a mouth in the sky" indicates that the whole merm-species was created by the Gnaw and it's not just a coincidence there are merms in the Constant and the people in the Gorge-world get turned into merms. Either every merm in every world originates from the group of Gorge-worlds, meaning they're decendants of either the Goatfolk or the Swamp Pigs who managed to escape and now due evolution they no longer resemble too much the original mermified beings who escaped from the Gnaw. Or maybe the Gnaw moves from world to world searching for food, in which case it's possible it has visited at some point of history every world that now has merms and the reason why we have different kind of merms is because they all originate from different species that got mermified. As far as I know there are no merms in Hamlet, although there's such a rich and thriving culture. So it might be just a matter of time before the Gnaw arrives there causing turmoil and creating a new species of merms wearing fancy clothes...  Gosh, I need to know more.

Edited by Mrklli
  • Like 3

Ogrecakes    1,435

I doubt they would pick and choose which quotes to add, more likely the person(s) at Klei who write the quotes just take another survivors quote list and writes something for every quote that appears.

It's either leave the file empty at spots, or quickly write something in, I don't think it's indicative of any future plans.

YouKnowWho    7,491
9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Mumsy and billy obviously are goats.

Wurt’s lived in the constant her entire life, she wouldn’t know about animals from Earth, yeah? 

Sunset Skye    4,058
50 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Wurt’s lived in the constant her entire life, she wouldn’t know about animals from Earth, yeah? 

The constant has Volt Goats, which are basically just regular goats with funny horns.

5 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I doubt they would pick and choose which quotes to add

...They literally are, though? Some of Wurt's Gorge quotes are just labelled "PLACEHOLDER", and I'm pretty sure some others are taken from Wilson.

• Like 4

YouKnowWho    7,491
1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

The constant has Volt Goats, which are basically just regular goats with funny horns.

She calls those curly heads though, not goatfolk.

i dunno, maybe my point is moot after all. 

I really hope that Wurt is getting a mermified goat skin for The Gorge and Wormwood will get one of some kind of syrup tree or spotted flower plant. They deserve really good ones, being the only two without Hallowed Nights skins and all.

• Like 1

RogueGamer12    1,080
15 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Wurts Perk will be that she can’t lose cause she’s already a merm.

You know, this makes me wonder what would happen if she does fail.

• Haha 4