Wurt's been getting some Gorge Quotes

the following quotes were lovingly ripped from the files with care. 

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_CATHEDRAL = "Mermfolk have story passed down... about mouth in the sky..."

The question once again raises it's head, is Wurt truly a Merm? Do transformed Merms have Merm babies? Wait, does Wurt have parents in the first place?

Secondly,

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_ROOF = "Was there fight? Look like Goatfolk lose."

The only goats we'd know Wurt would know about would be the Volt-Goats. Has Wurt encountered goats before? Who would fight on a roof, of all places? That's just dangerous

Currently, Wurt only has about half of her Gorge quotes, each being added somepoint over the last couple updates. Supposedly we'll be getting more, evidenced by the incomplete quote below

QUAGMIRE_RUBBLE_CLOCKTOWER = "PLACEHOLDER",

What are your thoughts? 

I know this won’t add any relevant opinion on the discussion but I find it sad when all my attention to the text is lost when I see the word “Quadmire” 

Spoiler

I should stop seeing Family guy weekly :/

Jokes apart I find strange that Klei would have created this lines after the Gorge event and not use them again,maybe it’s a prelude to a next Gorge or just a new structure/mechanic that they will add to the game.

1 minute ago, Bernado1 said:

I should stop seeing Family guy weekly :/

um1.png.d1cb94cb50df0a22b2dfbdca7d82dfc1.png

9 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

What are your thoughts? 

My idea is that Klei will figure out something in two years in how to turn these events into holidays. That way they don't have to make the game connected to their servers when they do the events again. Just my idea since I'm sure these events should be treated as annual holidays rather than Fortnite-esque side games.

56 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

She would know Mumsy and Billy since these are quotes for the Gorge after all.

I know, she’s barely met them (we don’t make our visit to the bog long), and she’s already calling them goatfolk. They should be weird alien twirly-heads to her, not goatfolk

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

I know, she’s barely met them (we don’t make our visit to the bog long), and she’s already calling them goatfolk. They should be weird alien twirly-heads to her, not goatfolk

I mean, if the merms have stories about the Gnaw I wouldn't be surprised if it involves Goatfolk considering.

Obviously Wurt is of a goat-origin. She has that more blueish tint than normal merms, similar to Goatfolk, and little horns. I have no idea if Wurt herself ever was actually a goat and got mermified by the Gnaw or if her parents were goats and she was born as a merm. But anyway, she clearly has close ties to the Goatfolk and I'd love to know more!

I saw once a theory that all game servers are alternative realities connected by portals and when characters die they get transported into another world (which explains why we sometimes have 3 Wilsons roaming the same world). I'd like to think that every world we've visited so far, including Hamlet, Shipwrecked, the Forge, the Gorge and Maxwell's story mode, are parts of the same branching integrity.and characters are hurled around from world to world (by Them?) and you never know where you'll end up next. So my theory is that Wurt is from one of the Gorge-worlds that used to be inhabited by the Goatfolk. Her parents managed to send her away through the Gateway but only after getting cursed by the Gnaw. Something went wrong and Wurt arrived to the Constant without her parents but merms found her and raised her as one of their own. Mermfolk having a story about "a mouth in the sky" indicates that the whole merm-species was created by the Gnaw and it's not just a coincidence there are merms in the Constant and the people in the Gorge-world get turned into merms. Either every merm in every world originates from the group of Gorge-worlds, meaning they're decendants of either the Goatfolk or the Swamp Pigs who managed to escape and now due evolution they no longer resemble too much the original mermified beings who escaped from the Gnaw. Or maybe the Gnaw moves from world to world searching for food, in which case it's possible it has visited at some point of history every world that now has merms and the reason why we have different kind of merms is because they all originate from different species that got mermified. As far as I know there are no merms in Hamlet, although there's such a rich and thriving culture. So it might be just a matter of time before the Gnaw arrives there causing turmoil and creating a new species of merms wearing fancy clothes...  Gosh, I need to know more.

I doubt they would pick and choose which quotes to add, more likely the person(s) at Klei who write the quotes just take another survivors quote list and writes something for every quote that appears.

It's either leave the file empty at spots, or quickly write something in, I don't think it's indicative of any future plans.

50 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Wurt’s lived in the constant her entire life, she wouldn’t know about animals from Earth, yeah? 

The constant has Volt Goats, which are basically just regular goats with funny horns.

5 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I doubt they would pick and choose which quotes to add

...They literally are, though? Some of Wurt's Gorge quotes are just labelled "PLACEHOLDER", and I'm pretty sure some others are taken from Wilson.

1 minute ago, YouKnowWho said:

She calls those curly heads though, not goatfolk.

i dunno, maybe my point is moot after all. 

Well, they probably aren't "folk" to her, so she just describes how they look. Think of it like how we don't consider rats to be "people" (and might affectionately refer to them as "little guys"), but if we discovered a race of humanoid rats living in our sewers we would probably refer to them as "rat people."

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

Well, they probably aren't "folk" to her, so she just describes how they look. Think of it like how we don't consider rats to be "people" (and might affectionately refer to them as "little guys"), but if we discovered a race of humanoid rats living in our sewers we would probably refer to them as "rat people."

I would refer to him as Master Splinter and then immediately begin searching for the four Turtle Brothers.

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

...They literally are, though? Some of Wurt's Gorge quotes are just labelled "PLACEHOLDER", and I'm pretty sure some others are taken from Wilson.

Oh dang, true.

Could maybe be similar to Warbucks, where his quotes keep getting updated despite him already being removed, so that people who mod him back on wont be missing speech lines.

I would love for the events to come back, but not if thet end up being a time and money sink with no payout, like they described before.

Archived