Wurt last new character for DST?

33 minutes ago, SteamedMajinP. said:

Wait...Are you wearing a mask? I always thought that your character's face was oddly pale and pointed and that this little trace upon your "beak" was your mouth 

PicsArt_11-03-09.24.36.jpg

hi yes im aware that I suck at drawing I get this a lot

Most likely to least likely - imo -

SW:

+ Walani + the surfboard can traverse the ocean and Klei could refresh her 'bland' perks

- Woodlegs - is strong with heavy downside early game, good but Klei might have a harder time putting treasures into the game compared to Walani's more need of a refresh

- Wilbur - isn't bad, it's just I don't see him being a team player compared to the others (you shouldn't cheese it with cave monkeys either)

HAM:

+ Wheeler + could easily ported like Wormwood with little change, she can easily farm Krampus and nightmare fuel through rabbit season

- Wagstaff - could work but the thumper would have to be exchange with another gadget, he might need a stronger downside too (plus might reveal too much lore)

- Wilba - is Woodie without Lucy, personally I don't think they should add Wilba or Wagstaff to DST cuz we have almost 3.5 woodchoppers Woodie, Maxwell (for now), Wurt and Warly (somewhat)

U/RC:

+ Waverly + she could have a lot of magic potential through potions, jack-o-lantern guards, flying broomsticks (depends on the Maxwell refresh)

- Watricia - a mailman with a talking basketball; the mailpack could have ender chest quality's or have a package 'n' move structures like houses, as for the basketball idk sanity?

- Wallace - might be a Scottish vampire, so maybe a mix of something like night vision, Wortox soul devouring and Wx-78 rain damage but in the sunlight

- Warbucks - besides the sanity gain (from gold I'd guess) what could you give him in a team setting, i'd suppose it's open to refresh

- Wilton - every day drops bone items, more hound waves, Impossible mode 1 hp?!?! (for those who thought Wes was easy)

- Winnie - a 2nd vegetarian who looks like Wigfrid meh, but could be different (herding beefalo/goats) (skittish animals won't run away?)

- Pyro - ???

On 10/27/2019 at 9:07 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Strange as it seems @Kuba5565 is correct.

I think the main difference that sets them apart is that one is paid and the other was given free. So we are still getting another paid dlc character sometime in the future.

Also in the new animations of "return of them" Warly started to appear, which means that cannonically he is now one more survivor, line Winona.

Wurt, Wortox and Wormwood are more like funny support characters they found around the constant lately, and not the main protagonists of the story. If it was a tv series I'd say that each DLC character gets an episode or two helping the survivors, and even though they are allies, they are not part of the main group. Also so far all DLC characters were born in the constant, while the survivors were all from earth at some point. Not sure if this is going to be a rule or not.

Are you saying soft boy wormwood is not worthy of screentime? Outrageous!

Also yeah they've been going with a trend on keeping the DLC characters not human, strange but i'm all for it!

I think that all the new characters are kinda lore free from a story perspective as wurt confirmed what we thought about merms wormwood about the moon and wortox gives some thought about krampus, another thing thing these characters together is the fact that they all aren't from the human world and weren't tricked by Maxwell into the constant and because of that can be removed from the plot with no harm, and that's also why klei charges money for the non plot characters, because they don't want to split the players.

Fellas,Canis is only trying to prank you all,it's obviously his face,not a mask.

4 hours ago, metallichydra said:

we need fishermerms!

which makes me wonder: why does fishermerms catch fish? they are vegetarians!

Fun. Also their houses are made of fish too for some reason...

~Wheeler DST ideas~ 

old perks = dodge, 5-18% speed boost, 100 max hp, 12 total main inventory

minor perks = can craft no nitre flares/no charcoal pens/no paper scrolls (intrepid explorer is basically a walking Ocuvigil)

what's new = craft and share Navi-gadgets, can craft and share 5 versions of the Pew-matic horn (every horn has a 100 uses)

Navi-gadget ~ 1 compass, blue gem = last for 12 days (Mc-tusk allow her to craft her basic gear outside the swamp/desert)

Pew-matic ~ 1 blow dart, 3 spider glands = heavy to light deals a flat 60/45/34 per shot

Snooze-matic ~ 2 sleep dart, pew-matic = heavy to light is 3/2/1 sleep darts per shot (good for hunting/trapping)

Flame-matic ~ 2 fire dart, pew-matic = heavy to light deals 80/65/54 fire dmg overtime per shot (combos well with the Pew-matic)

Hydro-matic ~ 4 water balloons, pew-matic = heavy to light is 3/2/1 water balloons, can get any mobs wet (great for summer)

Zap-matic ~ 1 electric dart, pew-matic = heavy to light deals 50/35/24 (dry) 110/95/84 (wet) per shot (combos nicely with Hydro-matic)

I'm wait... WAGSTAFF:wilson_sneaky:

I mean, seriously... This character is featured in Lore. He is one of the main and important characters in the game. All the more reason I want to laugh when he arrives at DST and squeals with joy. After all, he will find so much new material that he will die of admiration for this world:wilson_ecstatic:

I doubt that we'll get a bunnyman character. They're vegan. Wurt being vegetarian fills a similar role gameplay-diet-wise.

I would love Wilba just so we can play with the odd trio of Webber/Wurt/Wilba. Buuut she's closely tied to Hamlet, plus Woodie just completely took over the transformation thing so thoroughly that I doubt we'll get another transformation character. So I kind of doubt we'll get her.

All that considered; I vote Warbucks for import and wish for Wilton or Waverly from the known-unimplemented pile, or whatever cool monster character Klei decides because they're killing it so far with the new characters. In the good way. In my opinion, of course.

Archived